What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Retired Cop Kills Man for Texting (1 Viewer)

No other movie goers in the theater at that time? Odd that the only two witnesses are the wives.

And who the #### brings a gun inside a movie theater? Was he worried about a Dark Knight scenario?
I haven't gone back through it to refresh my memory yet, but IIRC, there were at least 17-20 people in the theater. Most had said this lunatic was a lunatic.

I still say if the guy threw something at him first, which he clearly does in the video, then I think there is room for the stand your ground defense.  As dumb as it may be, throwing something at someone is assault.  It's an old guy, so it's felony assault.  I think standing your ground in the defense of a felony assault could fly.
If shooting someone for throwing a bag of popcorn qualifies as stand your ground then pretty much any kid of altercation would.

IMO this guy is a serious threat to society and should be locked up.

Sorry guys, I was so overwhelmed with this case living in the city, that I have avoided the rehash of the deets.  Wasn't there something about throwing something besides the popcorn, like the phone?  Again, I don't agree with the law, but if the guy technically was just assaulted I think there is room for SYG.  Not fishing, but I don't really see them getting a jury to agree on this one.

This one really pissed me off when I initially heard about it.  Can't believe that it's been three years and he's still out.

Sad statement about our society that human life can be taken so casually and meaninglessly and yet we're arguing whether this is really stand your ground.

:loco:

This guy took the stand in the hearing to determine if he can invoke stand your grand today. I caught a little of it on a stream. 

I'd be pretty happy if someone just did this guy in, what a ######## - can only imagine what a piece of #### he was when he had a badge. They spent the entire time I was listening talking about all of his training and certificates, which in my opinion means he should've had the proper training to calm the situation, not escalate it... #### this guy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would've officially believed murder was legal in Florida had that been granted. Put this piece of #### in front of a jury.

Yea, it was a life or death situation... ####### scumbag!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread