What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Richard Seymour (1 Viewer)

Now that Seymour is in the Raiders fold, and looking pretty good as a 4-3 DE, where do you rank him going forward? I'm thinking about dropping KVB to get him - not necessarily overreacting, as I think Seymour could be in for a big year. Anyone else think so?

Seymour was damn impressive. barely off the plane w/ no practice with the team and versus a very good LT..........didn't matter. i'm gonna believe that this is something we can get accustomed to seeing from seymour. Seymour no longer has to tie up multiple blockers and play both gaps. now his only job is to destroy the man across from him and wreak havok. he looks motivated/lean/mean and ready to unleash the furry

i think his tackle/PD/FF numbers will be extremely high but his sack total may top out at 10. he's a hellacious bull rusher but not a speed rusher by any means. hopefully on the other side Greg Ellis/Trevor Scott can keep things honest. to me it won't matter if teams divert help by chipping him by a RB or help with a blocking TE as Seymour will destroy them as well.

Everyone knows Seymour did in a 3-4 format. I subscribe to the camp that believes he is a better run defender than Burgess. His tackle numbers will go up significantly. Sacks - I am not sure. My gut says 10-14, but that is my gut and nothing else. I think he is a top 15 DL from here on out.

the trade didn't look to bad after all
It will if they can't extend him or he leaves after this season.ETA: I agree with the top-15 ranking. Oakland actually looked pretty decent on defense last week and I think Seymour is a very good DE who will be moved around the DL and will see an increase in tackle opps this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread