What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Romo fumble or INT? (1 Viewer)

TheBottomLine

Footballguy
Not positive if this is the right place to ask this, but for everyone who saw the play where Lance Briggs "intercepted" Romo and took it to the house: Did you think that was a fumble or an interception? I thought it was a fumble and hearing Romo talk about the play, it definitely sounded like a fumble. Romo admitted that he got tackled as he was trying to switch the ball to his other hand and that's what caused the ball to squirt out like that. The reason I ask is that I own Henry Melton, the guy who tackled him as the ball came out. This is not a case of needing that to be a sack for me to win this week- I won anyway. The points never hurt though and I'm just curious what everyone thought and what the chances might be that it gets changed. Fantasy football aside, a sack is a sack, right?

Turning that into a sack (or at least a forced fumble) would give me a win, so I am hoping it gets changed

That is a sack and forced fumble! Hopefully they fix it.
Wow, no doubt about it- Romo had the ball at his side, just above his waist, and was not making any sort of throwing motion with the ball. The force of Melton's hot pink club knocked the ball out, straight into Briggs' welcoming arms. I hope they change that...would probably change more than a few outcomes, methinks.....Link to NFL.com game highlights:http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012100100/2012/REG4/bears@cowboys#menu=highlights&tab=recap

Last edited by a moderator:
This is good to know. Changing that from an INT to a FR would swing my game 2 points and reverse the decision and give me the win. Hoping this is changed.

Well, it didn't get fixed in stat corrections. What a joke. How can such an obvious play get scored wrong? I'm wondering if they can't switch it since it was ruled an interception by the refs and not reviewed because it didn't need to be.

Well, it didn't get fixed in stat corrections. What a joke. How can such an obvious play get scored wrong? I'm wondering if they can't switch it since it was ruled an interception by the refs and not reviewed because it didn't need to be.
The "stat corrections" have been terrible for years. I think they have a 5th grader reviewing the games.

Users who are viewing this thread