What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ron Dayne to get bigger workload? (1 Viewer)

Do you need me to spell this out for you in crayon?
We are not going to be able to come to agreement. Part of my rebuttal of your calling anderson a stus is the increased injury risk and you need to nullify that to be satisfied.The above quote is an example of why people want to jump all over you though. Well done! I guess when you have nothing else, resort to personal attacks!

Edit to add:

In order to be a stud you need to carry your team. Like it or not being injured and missing games prevents you from being a stud.

And the #10 RB is not a first round pick in most leagues, I guess the fundamental disgreement is what defines a stud.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you need me to spell this out for you in crayon?
We are not going to be able to come to agreement. Part of my rebuttal of your calling anderson a stus is the increased injury risk and you need to nullify that to be satisfied.The above quote is an example of why people want to jump all over you though. Well done! I guess when you have nothing else, resort to personal attacks!
And part of the reason why I demand the season-ending-injury insurance is that ANY PLAYER IN THE NFL can suffer a season ending injury. Look at J-Walker. He was a "stud" receiver, and he goes out and gets lost for the season in the very first game. It can happen to anyone, even Anderson. You seem to think it's more LIKELY to happen to Anderson than anyone else, although I ran the numbers and starting RBs in their 30s with 1100 or fewer career carries actually averaged fewer games missed due to injury than the average starting RB.The above quote isn't an example of me resorting to personal attack. It's an example of me questioning whether you really wanted to make this sig bet, or whether you were looking for every loophole possible to get out of it. It looks to me like you were just looking for loopholes, possibly because you were nervous about it. So I spelled out the bet in very minute detail just so you couldn't wriggle out of it again.

Besides, funny that the first person to complain about personal attacks is also the guy who is going into random unrelated threads and taking his grievances with him. Like this one.

I agree. You're really just morally superior than me, and would never resort to personal attacks, right? :rolleyes:

Edit to add:

In order to be a stud you need to carry your team. Like it or not being injured and missing games prevents you from being a stud.

And the #10 RB is not a first round pick in most leagues, I guess the fundamental disgreement is what defines a stud.
Disagreed here, too. According to antsports, if you look at all drafts from August 1 to Sept 1, 10 of the top 12 picks were RBs. Actually, 10 of the top 11, because Randy Moss was #12. They were, in order... Tomlinson, Alexander, Holmes, James, Manning, McCallister, McGahee, D.Davis, J.Lewis, K.Jones, Portis, Moss. But again, how dare I support my position with actual numbers and data! :loco:

And part of the reason why I demand the season-ending-injury insurance is that ANY PLAYER IN THE NFL can suffer a season ending injury. Look at J-Walker. He was a "stud" receiver, and he goes out and gets lost for the season in the very first game.
He was a stud last year. This year he is not. You know why? Because he can't produce. Regardless of the reason you can not be a stud if you don't produce.
It can happen to anyone, even Anderson. You seem to think it's more LIKELY to happen to Anderson than anyone else, although I ran the numbers and starting RBs in their 30s with 1100 or fewer career carries actually averaged fewer games missed due to injury than the average starting RB.
How about RB's with torn rib cartalige in week one?
The above quote isn't an example of me resorting to personal attack. It's an example of me questioning whether you really wanted to make this sig bet, or whether you were looking for every loophole possible to get out of it. It looks to me like you were just looking for loopholes, possibly because you were nervous about it. So I spelled out the bet in very minute detail just so you couldn't wriggle out of it again.
We both changed the terms of the bet because neither of us were satisfied. Either we both wriggled out of it or neither did. I originally offerd the bet, you began a renegotiation process that we were unable to resolve.

He was a stud last year. This year he is not. You know why? Because he can't produce. Regardless of the reason you can not be a stud if you don't produce.
Right, but I'm not in the insurance business. It's not my job to predict injuries, which are inherantly unpredictable, except in the case of recurring injuries (none of which Anderson has). I'm just predicting how a player will produce when he's healthy. And when Mike Anderson is healthy, I'm predicting he's a stud.
Dunno, but Travis Henry missed time with torn rib cartalige in... 2003 was it? Unless my memory is failing me, he missed 2 weeks initially, but after he returned, he didn't miss any more games. So it's not like torn cartalige makes you more prone to other injuries.
We both changed the terms of the bet because neither of us were satisfied. Either we both wriggled out of it or neither did. I originally offerd the bet, you began a renegotiation process that we were unable to resolve.
I said that Mike Anderson was a stud, and you tried to get me into a sig bet using your definition of stud. I never claimed that Anderson was a stud by YOUR definition. I claimed he was a stud by MY definition. For the record, my definition of stud is top-10 RB on a points-per-game basis. Take it or leave it, because that's all I was ever claiming.

Right, but I'm not in the insurance business. It's not my job to predict injuries, which are inherantly unpredictable, except in the case of recurring injuries (none of which Anderson has). I'm just predicting how a player will produce when he's healthy. And when Mike Anderson is healthy, I'm predicting he's a stud.
Dunno, but Travis Henry missed time with torn rib cartalige in... 2003 was it? Unless my memory is failing me, he missed 2 weeks initially, but after he returned, he didn't miss any more games. So it's not like torn cartalige makes you more prone to other injuries.
I said that Mike Anderson was a stud, and you tried to get me into a sig bet using your definition of stud. I never claimed that Anderson was a stud by YOUR definition. I claimed he was a stud by MY definition. For the record, my definition of stud is top-10 RB on a points-per-game basis. Take it or leave it, because that's all I was ever claiming.
SSOG, you spend far too much time defending your opinion. Just let people disagree and move on with your life.

Users who are viewing this thread