What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ron Meeks New Carolina Panthers Def. Co. (1 Viewer)

Yeah, I read that yesterday. Do you think his defenses will be just as bad against the run in Carolina as it was in Indy? or was the reason more Dungy's fault for the type of defensive players he drafts, which are smallish but quick? Does he share the same philosophy as Dungy? Even as a Colts fan I don't know the answer to that question.

Yeah, I read that yesterday. Do you think his defenses will be just as bad against the run in Carolina as it was in Indy? or was the reason more Dungy's fault for the type of defensive players he drafts, which are smallish but quick? Does he share the same philosophy as Dungy? Even as a Colts fan I don't know the answer to that question.
Dungy didn't draft players, Bill Polian did.

No idea. Too many questions. Will they run a Tampa 2 now and if so which players on the Panthers are a good fit? Is Fox really the man in charge of the defense or did he just take over in situations where they were struggling? How will he let Meeks run things?

He drafted players that fit "Dungy's" philosophy. Is that Polian's philosophy, or do you think he will try to get thicker up the middle instead of starting runts?

He drafted players that fit "Dungy's" philosophy. Is that Polian's philosophy, or do you think he will try to get thicker up the middle instead of starting runts?
No successful team is going to work without the GM listening to the head coach, certainly. But my point is that Bill Polian is one of the more hands on general managers in the league and has final say on all personnel matters. It seems, to me, that John Fox has traditionally held far more sway on Carolina personnel decisions than Dungy did.

No successful team is going to work without the GM listening to the head coach, certainly. But my point is that Bill Polian is one of the more hands on general managers in the league and has final say on all personnel matters. It seems, to me, that John Fox has traditionally held far more sway on Carolina personnel decisions than Dungy did.
I would think Polian would draft players that suited the philosophy of their head coach. Does Caldwell think the same way as Dungy as far as defense goes? Will the new defensive coordinator have a say in this? Will they use the same defense, or some hybrid of it?

Users who are viewing this thread