What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**RUMOR** Calvin Johnon rumored to JAX? (1 Viewer)

Jiggyonthehut

Footballguy
No TEXT link, but I heard this from my friend in Detroit who was listening to 97.1 or WFAN. 97.1 I'm pretty sure. And let me preface that I don't think this would happen nor does the radio station. Anyway it shakes down as such:

Calvin Johnson

Drew Stanton

2009 4th round pick

for

John Henderson

2009 1st round pick (8th)

2010 2nd round pick

Matt Jones/Brian Williams

Reggie Hayward

:wow:

RUMOR -- Jiggy's buddy was messing with him
No wtf man, it actually was on the radio. Found this on the Jags message board:http://blogs.nbcsports.com/home/archives/2...n.html#comments

Check the comments. Obviously not gospel, but at least the radio did report it.
I believe you...I just called a friend from Detroit, and he said he has heard that the Lions really want Reggie Neslon from jax..I don't know that this means anything, but he has heard these rumors locally.

As great of a player that Calvin Johnson is, this leaves me with a couple questions:

- Why Drew Stanton? Do the Lions want him gone that badly? He'd be an upgrade over Cleo Lemon but that seems a little odd.

- Jags were talking about how they needed MORE draft picks this year. That would mean their best weapon to trade down would be their second this year.

- DOn't know why the Lions would want Henderson and his mileage since they're obviously rebuilding.

- If the Jags were to trade both Henderson and Hayward, that would leave them with Tony McDaniel, undersized Derek Landri, and DT/DE Rob Meier at defensive tackle. It would leave them with Quentin Groves, Derrick Harvey, and Jeremy Micey at DE. Unless they're secretly moving to a 3-4, that's a few holes to fill.

ETA - Would the Lions really want to try and sign THREE first round picks this year?

Last edited by a moderator:
As great of a player that Calvin Johnson is, this leaves me with a couple questions:- Why Drew Stanton? Do the Lions want him gone that badly? He'd be an upgrade over Cleo Lemon but that seems a little odd.- Jags were talking about how they needed MORE draft picks this year. That would mean their best weapon to trade down would be their second this year.- DOn't know why the Lions would want Henderson and his mileage since they're obviously rebuilding.- If the Jags were to trade both Henderson and Hayward, that would leave them with Tony McDaniel, undersized Derek Landri, and DT/DE Rob Meier at defensive tackle. It would leave them with Quentin Groves, Derrick Harvey, and Jeremy Micey at DE. Unless they're secretly moving to a 3-4, that's a few holes to fill.ETA - Would the Lions really want to try and sign THREE first round picks this year?
Drew Stanton is a throwaway who will if lucky be no more than a career backup in the NFL.

No TEXT link, but I heard this from my friend in Detroit who was listening to 97.1 or WFAN. 97.1 I'm pretty sure. And let me preface that I don't think this would happen nor does the radio station. Anyway it shakes down as such: Calvin JohnsonDrew Stanton2009 4th round pick forJohn Henderson2009 1st round pick (8th)2010 2nd round pickMatt Jones/Brian WilliamsReggie Hayward:wow:
That sounds like a fantasy football trade! Hard to believe this is for real. What in the Helll are the Lions thinking?

No TEXT link, but I heard this from my friend in Detroit who was listening to 97.1 or WFAN. 97.1 I'm pretty sure. And let me preface that I don't think this would happen nor does the radio station. Anyway it shakes down as such:
WFAN? 97.1 in detroit is not WFAN. I think your misled in several ways

No wtf man, it actually was on the radio. Found this on the Jags message board:http://blogs.nbcsports.com/home/archives/2...n.html#comments

LMAOGoo said:

I just herd on Lions radio station 1130 WDFN the FAN that the Lions are signing a few receivers since they are going to trade Calvin Johnson and a 4th to the Jaguars for John Henderson the 8th overall pick and a pick next year

WDFN doesnt not have any local programing any more.. they fired everyone a few weeks ago and only broadcast syndicated stuff. You were punked.

I think I got that offer from someone in a 16 team IDP league.
WFAN? 97.1 in detroit is not WFAN. I think your misled in several ways
Detroit doesn't have a fourth round pick this year.
Minor details.
Minor thread??? Move along...

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard from a friend who lives near Michigan that he sort of heard, but was not really paying attention to it, that a guy on the radio was talking about a hypothetical situation where the Detroit Lions would just release everyone and close up shop.

In other words, this is so thin, I do not think it even counts as being a 'rumor'.

LMAOGoo said:

I just herd on Lions radio station 1130 WDFN the FAN that the Lions are signing a few receivers since they are going to trade Calvin Johnson and a 4th to the Jaguars for John Henderson the 8th overall pick and a pick next year

WDFN doesnt not have any local programing any more.. they fired everyone a few weeks ago and only broadcast syndicated stuff. You were punked.
dude keep reading the ####### comments. its not wfan, its 97.1. wasn't that obvious from the original post?damn, no wonder i don't venture in here that often.

listen guys I listen to 97.1 almost all day long , and although I didnt hear this particular conversationm they are notorious from just throwing this junk out there

nothing to see here

Jokes on the Jags, Johnsons could still catch passes from Detroit QBs with his long reach

This is a lose - lose trade. Getting rid of Henderson after Stroud left and Peterson lost it would turn this defense into bottom 5 in the league.

Considering how Matt Jones turned things around last year post coke bust, trading away a B+ receiver to get an A- receiver is also whacked.

This is a lose - lose trade. Getting rid of Henderson after Stroud left and Peterson lost it would turn this defense into bottom 5 in the league.

Considering how Matt Jones turned things around last year post coke bust, trading away a B+ receiver to get an A- receiver is also whacked.
Matty must be sharing some of that coke with you.

This is a lose - lose trade. Getting rid of Henderson after Stroud left and Peterson lost it would turn this defense into bottom 5 in the league. Considering how Matt Jones turned things around last year post coke bust, trading away a B+ receiver to get an A- receiver is also whacked.
fine analysis on a trade that literally cannot happen... not the lack of a 4th round pick that has been mentioned several times already. :goodposting: :thumbdown:

This is a lose - lose trade. Getting rid of Henderson after Stroud left and Peterson lost it would turn this defense into bottom 5 in the league. Considering how Matt Jones turned things around last year post coke bust, trading away a B+ receiver to get an A- receiver is also whacked.
fine analysis on a trade that literally cannot happen... not the lack of a 4th round pick that has been mentioned several times already. :goodposting: :thumbdown:
Pardon me for skimming this uber-important thread :lmao:

Damage control. I just told Calvin that he's not on the block, especially to a no QB hack team like Jax.

:lol:

Jokes on the Jags, Johnsons could still catch passes from Detroit QBs with his long reach
The joke would be on Calvin because he is so good that he would make Garrarbage look average. Thus he would be stuck with that hack for the rest of his career. This ain't happening. I am nixing all trade talk right now.

The joke would be on Calvin because he is so good that he would make Garrarbage look average. Thus he would be stuck with that hack for the rest of his career. This ain't happening. I am nixing all trade talk right now.
we would all be lost without your opinion.

Jiggyonthehut said:
FavreCo said:
Bri said:
we would all be lost without your opinion.
Truer words have never been spoken. :moneybag:

I heard from a friend that this was nothing but a radio guy trying to make some noise.
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

I think this rumor is completely bonkers too and can't possibly have any root of fact. However, it did make me think. If you were Detroit what kind of offer lands Calvin from you?

I think this rumor is completely bonkers too and can't possibly have any root of fact. However, it did make me think. If you were Detroit what kind of offer lands Calvin from you?
I have no idea. I'd need at least a partial lobotomy to get down to a level where I could interpret the lIons' thinking.... :rant:

Especially after trading away Roy Williams. I have to believe that Calvin is about as close to untouchable, and it was already said that him, Avril and Sims would be "cornerstones" of the rebuilding process. I guess in theory they could think that Crabtree would be there at 1.08 and he might be a comparable talent so if they can address other holes, but overall it seems very silly to me.

Especially after trading away Roy Williams. I have to believe that Calvin is about as close to untouchable, and it was already said that him, Avril and Sims would be "cornerstones" of the rebuilding process.

I guess in theory they could think that Crabtree would be there at 1.08 and he might be a comparable talent so if they can address other holes, but overall it seems very silly to me.
no.

Users who are viewing this thread