What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**RUMOR** Calvin Johnon rumored to JAX? (1 Viewer)

I think this rumor is completely bonkers too and can't possibly have any root of fact. However, it did make me think. If you were Detroit what kind of offer lands Calvin from you?
Not sure there is a realistic offer that could. With the #1 overall pick and a mid first rounder the Lions can not afford another 1st round pick this year and future 1st round picks are not viewed as valuable.

I think this rumor is completely bonkers too and can't possibly have any root of fact. However, it did make me think. If you were Detroit what kind of offer lands Calvin from you?
Receiving total consciousness on my deathbed.

I think Calvin for Northcutt straight up would work. Northcutt has had better NFL stats in 7 of the last 9 seasons.

Sincerely,

Matt Millen

Especially after trading away Roy Williams. I have to believe that Calvin is about as close to untouchable, and it was already said that him, Avril and Sims would be "cornerstones" of the rebuilding process.

I guess in theory they could think that Crabtree would be there at 1.08 and he might be a comparable talent so if they can address other holes, but overall it seems very silly to me.
no.
I didn't say he was or wasn't a comparable talent - I said they might think he was. There are some around here who put Crabtree in that stratosphere, and while I personally believe in Crabtree I also recognize that 1) he doesn't quite have the same measurables and 2) hasn't performed on Sun (on the Lions no less).BUT - this is the same team (minus Millen) that drafted Rogers and Roy Williams and Mike Williams.

And if you think the Lions think that Crabtree is someone who could be even 80% of what CJ is, then you can at least buy into the idea that moving him may make sense to move him and address some of the many other holes they have.

As I said from the beginning, the move seems a bit silly to me and I don't beleive it, but I'm just trying to explain how and why it could make sense.

And in fairness, CJ probably isn't the best comparison for Crabtree in terms of his ability, measurables and game - he's just used as the most recent example of an elite WR option and of course being involved in this trade.

One comparison I've heard more often (including from Cecil) is to Fitz... so again, the argument is not whether or not Crabtree is "as good as" CJ but whether he is a suitable replacement given other holes they might be able to address with a trade.

And I STILL think it's silly, but I could at least understand the logic if this is what it was.

Users who are viewing this thread