What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RUMOR...R.Moss could be a patriot by wed. (3 Viewers)

Love the rumors and info, keep it coming. Seems like there would be rumors with any WR who went down but you add in a playoff contender, already has another injured WR in Moore, forced to lean on Meach and Devrey, not surprised this is floating about.

Any relation between Payton and Belichick at all? Did they ever coach together?
The saints modeled themselves after the Patriots once Payton got here. It's all outlined in his book, "Home Team."He has great respect for Belichick, and if he gets a nod of approval/recommendation from him then Randy will be in a Saints uni come next week.
Where is this coming from? Sounds like an off the wall comment.

"@AdamSchefter: New Orleans GM Mickey Loomis on rumors of Randy Moss visiting Saints today: "Absolutely no truth to it. It's a made-up story. Zero to it."

At the least, I thought it was interesting how vehemently Loomis was denying reports of Moss visiting their facility.

FWIW, Moss apparently has been seen all week throughout Rhode Island, which is where he lived when he played for the Pats.

"@AdamSchefter: New Orleans GM Mickey Loomis on rumors of Randy Moss visiting Saints today: "Absolutely no truth to it. It's a made-up story. Zero to it."

At the least, I thought it was interesting how vehemently Loomis was denying reports of Moss visiting their facility.
I personally spent ~ 12 hours in various strip clubs in the French Quarter over the weekend, and I didn't see Randy Moss at all, so it's safe to say the reports of him being in New Orleans were false.

FWIW, Moss apparently has been seen all week throughout Rhode Island, which is where he lived when he played for the Pats.
hmmm very interesting....makes sense that he ends up with Pats as i doubt they feel very comfortable with the kid Slater as there only real deep threat.....after week one they don't have to pay him if they cut him or whatever that rule is..so I also have him on many rosters with the hope that if hr does sign he has something left, which is the question with how he looked last year. I can only think about when he had the terrible year with Oakland the year before his first stint with the pats. some thought he was done they and he went on to break the TD record. Something tells me if he comes back he will do very well with the thought that he does not want to go out the way he looked last year. Word also has it that hes been working our very hard daily and is in great shape.and forget about this Saints talk..the ONLY team he wants to come back for is the pats now.

I personally spent ~ 12 hours in various strip clubs in the French Quarter over the weekend, and I didn't see Randy Moss at all, so it's safe to say the reports of him being in New Orleans were false.
Let's say this is true. This would be one of the best posts in the Shark Pool in a while.

Let's say this is true. This would be one of the best posts in the Shark Pool in a while.

Link?
Sorry, didn't know you were kind of a big deal.
It wasn't meant like people are taking in. That's all I have to link.

'David Yudkin said:
'The Dynasty said:
'David Yudkin said:
'The Dynasty said:
'David Yudkin said:
Link?
'David Yudkin said:
Alright, good info nonetheless.

'David Yudkin said:
'The Dynasty said:
'David Yudkin said:
'The Dynasty said:
'David Yudkin said:
Link?
'David Yudkin said:
I think what he's asking is where are you hearing this? Radio? Inside source? Bar talk? TV? Message board talk like you linked?J

Last edited by a moderator:
I think what he's asking is where are you hearing this? Radio? Inside source? Bar talk? TV? Message board talk like you linked?J
Moss coming back to the Pats has been a hot topic here for weeks and has been magnified recently. As for your point, it's not just one place and nothing really more than "people" seeing him around and talking about it. So that includes people I know, call in talk radio, message boards, etc. Being seen near where he lived is not exactly illegal, immoral, or fattening, nor does it mean anything per say.I have communicated with, as you say, inside sources and they don't think Moss will be signed, but Moss hanging around nearby could mean something . . . or it could mean nothing. Just another piece to the puzzle.

I think after tonight the pats will be sending randy a gold watch with a card stating thanks for the memories, but we don't need ya, but have a great retirement

I think after tonight the pats will be sending randy a gold watch with a card stating thanks for the memories, but we don't need ya, but have a great retirement
I disagree. I say add him and cut ocho Stinko. Moss just makes them THAT much better. And he obviously is motivated to come back and perform.

I disagree. I say add him and cut ocho Stinko. Moss just makes them THAT much better. And he obviously is motivated to come back and perform.
Agreed. Things will not got this well every night. Hell, they probably won't go this well ever again.

Moss coming back to the Pats has been a hot topic here for weeks and has been magnified recently. As for your point, it's not just one place and nothing really more than "people" seeing him around and talking about it. So that includes people I know, call in talk radio, message boards, etc. Being seen near where he lived is not exactly illegal, immoral, or fattening, nor does it mean anything per say.I have communicated with, as you say, inside sources and they don't think Moss will be signed, but Moss hanging around nearby could mean something . . . or it could mean nothing. Just another piece to the puzzle.
Cool. I think people always want to hear where the information is coming from. To be clear, that is my only "point".J

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. I think people always want to hear where the information is coming from.J
:no:

:confused: You don't want to know the source for the information?J

I'm not a mind reader; however, Bass may simply believe that the possibility of Moss rejoining the Pats is so low that it doesn't matter what the source of any information is at this time, until we hear something more definitive. If I'm wrong, I'm sure he'll correct me. :)

I'm not a mind reader; however, Bass may simply believe that the possibility of Moss rejoining the Pats is so low that it doesn't matter what the source of any information is at this time, until we hear something more definitive. If I'm wrong, I'm sure he'll correct me. :)
I'm thinking BNB is just trying to diverge the info so he can be the one to pluck Moss off the WW in his leagues.

Users who are viewing this thread