What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Running Back Breakouts - 2015 (1 Viewer)

TDorBust

Footballguy
So with the season starting this evening who do you have to breakout and run wild before the end of the season?

Who should not be included? Top 20 RBs

Who should be focused on? Backup RBs and low end 25-30+ ranked RBs

Is the answer to this question essentially the shiny new rookies, along with CM and a couple of second year players?

Is the answer to this question essentially the shiny new rookies, along with CM and a couple of second year players?
Not always Rashad Jennings is an example of one of these players, here is my list:

Rashad Jennings

ATL Winner (Coleman or Freeman)

Matt Jones

Long shot (Cameron Artist-Payne)

I am saying we see the true RUN DMC shine this year. He is in a great situation with a great scheme.

I am saying we see the true RUN DMC shine this year. He is in a great situation with a great scheme.
Yeah I really wanted to draft him. Seems like classic Comeback Player of the Year stuff playing a full 16 and running for 1700 behind that line.

One of CMike or Matt Jones will be the RB pickup of the year.
I hope so on Jones. I grabbed him on my bench in all 3 of my leagues. I have Michael as well in one (with Randle). I only have Jennings in one league, but I think he could be a lot better than expected. He was pretty solid last year in PPR when healthy.

Ebaker5 said:
I would love this as a fan and a dynasty owner.....it just doesn't seem likely.

Abdullah

D.Johnson

Hyde....IF Kaep has progressed some. The team seems like a steaming pile right now tho, we shall see

Chris Ivory

Doug Martin

CJ Spiller

a Cleveland RB
Good list. I don't necessarily agree with Spiller. It will take Ingram missing significant time. I know he's not a classic "breakout" player, but I think Todd Gurley is going to be on a lot if championship teams.

Chris Ivory

Doug Martin

CJ Spiller

a Cleveland RB
Good list. I don't necessarily agree with Spiller. It will take Ingram missing significant time. I know he's not a classic "breakout" player, but I think Todd Gurley is going to be on a lot if championship teams.
I disagree - the New Orleans offense could easily have over 400 rushes from the RBs this year. Ingram and Spiller can co-exist. If one of them gets hurts, though, the other obviously sees increased snaps. I think Spiller hurts Cooks more than he hurts Ingram.

Chris Ivory

Doug Martin

CJ Spiller

a Cleveland RB
I disagree - the New Orleans offense could easily have over 400 rushes from the RBs this year. Ingram and Spiller can co-exist. If one of them gets hurts, though, the other obviously sees increased snaps. I think Spiller hurts Cooks more than he hurts Ingram.
Yeah, maybe I'm wearing Spiller Colored Contacts, but if he gets healthy and can string together 13-14 solid games you're looking at Sproles numbers if not better. Fantastic ppr RB2 for where he was drafted.

+1 for Ivory, he's still flying under many radar and he looked great last year. not a jets fan and not a ivory fan or owner, but looking forward to seeing what he can do as the primary back without cj there to take any carries. is stacy a goal line threat? never watched him with the rams.

Agree with Doug Martin and possibly Matt Jones.

Have shares in CMike and David Johnson so would love to see them do it.

To throw out a name: Woodhead. I like Melvin but think Woodhead will do well himself. 3rd downs, 2 minute offense and probably some early work carries thrown in.

Chris Ivory

Doug Martin

CJ Spiller

a Cleveland RB
Good enough to roster/play both?

How are the candidates looking now?

About to do it or have, ie will they continue it all year?

Lewis?

Gurley?

Freeman?

Not happening for these this year or still could?

Miller

Randle

Hyde - looked like it was about to happen...

Ellington

Abdullah

Yeldon

Duke Johnson

David Johnson

Matt Jones

Murray

Coleman

Ivory

Michael

Rawls

Karlos Williams

Last edited by a moderator:

Lewis?

Gurley?

Freeman?

Miller

Randle

Hyde - looked like it was about to happen...

Ellington

Abdullah

Yeldon

Duke Johnson

David Johnson

Matt Jones

Murray

Coleman

Ivory

Michael

Rawls

Karlos Williams
? Duke, Ivory, and Karlos have all been better with each game.

Duke in PPR formats for sure. Has his own role and Probably not competing with Crow or Turbin directly. Targets have increased each game so far and he was heavily involved last week. Browns playing from behind a lot.

You weren't happy with the 1 target dribbled at Forsett's feet last week? Or that they finally threw a screen pass to an RB, only it was to Taliaferro? Trestman offense ain't what it used to be.

Lewis?

Gurley?

Freeman?

Duke Johnson

Ivory

Karlos Williams
Ivory has been a straight up stud. Missed a game but still ranked #7 overall RB in my league and #4 overall in PPG.

Duke looked good last week for sure but so did Crowell. Looks like full blown time share all year unless one gets hurt.

Karlos's production is really based off of TDs. Not complaining about that but it would have been nice to see him get going on the ground last week and it looks like we will have to wait another week before finding out if he is legit when given a heavy workload.

Chaka said:
ROYALWITCHEESE said:
SaintsInDome2006 said:

Lewis?

Gurley?

Freeman?

Duke Johnson

Ivory

Karlos Williams
Ivory has been a straight up stud. Missed a game but still ranked #7 overall RB in my league and #4 overall in PPG.Duke looked good last week for sure but so did Crowell. Looks like full blown time share all year unless one gets hurt.

Karlos's production is really based off of TDs. Not complaining about that but it would have been nice to see him get going on the ground last week and it looks like we will have to wait another week before finding out if he is legit when given a heavy workload.
Could see Duke and Crowell having a Woodhead-Gordon type dynamic moving forward...instead of it being a true committee

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread