What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ryan Broyles to start (1 Viewer)

manhands

Footballguy
Broyals is starting opposite Megatron today. Is he worth a flex play? will he see a lot of single coverage? will they double or triple team CJ and leave a lot of targets for Broyals? In a nutshell, I don't think Megatron will be stopped no matter how many guys you put on him and with Houston's pass rush I see Schefler getting a good amount of targets and I don't see Broyals getting more than 6/80.

Last edited by a moderator:
decent flex play but i think the second wr for the lions has always been a desperation play at best. stafford only throws to calvin and his tight ends

decent flex play but i think the second wr for the lions has always been a desperation play at best. stafford only throws to calvin and his tight ends
Good point Shady. It does smell of despiration. I do think there's a chance he has a good game because he does have the skills to seperate and make big plays. He's got great hands as well. All I'm saying is it wouldn't surprise me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Incorrect. Bureleson was not a desperation play.
he finished as wr46 last year in a year stafford threw for 5000 yds and 40 tds
That was last year. Who cares about 2011. But if you want to be that person, okay.
this year nate burleson was wr47 on a PPG basis

Technically, I don't think he actually started the game - I believe it was Thomas and CJ.

He's the consistent chain mover the Lions really need. He doesn't seem to have that extra homerun gear like Harvin or Cobb, but I think the Derrick Mason comparisons are probably about right - a bit of Welker in that offense.

I honestly watched the ball more than anything, but it seemed like Broyles lined up all over more than I expected. So, while he's sure to be a slot terror, it doesn't look like he's necessarily pigeon holed there like I assumed he'd be.

Stafford and Broyles missed on two potential TD's on the Lions first two drives with a drop and an overthrow so there's still some chemistry things to smooth out, but I think he's a great complement to CJ and a lot more trustworthy than Titus. Solid dynasty player with some redraft upside if the Lions move him ahead of Titus the rest of the way.

Glad to see that the Lions moved on with Titus Young(at least for the time being) and are giving Broyles a shot. Young's potential has always been overrated and Broyles is the better ad more professional player. He's going to be a big time, hyped up "sleeper" target next season in PPR formats if he finishes strong and he'll also be another year removed from the ACL injury.

Technically, I don't think he actually started the game - I believe it was Thomas and CJ.He's the consistent chain mover the Lions really need. He doesn't seem to have that extra homerun gear like Harvin or Cobb, but I think the Derrick Mason comparisons are probably about right - a bit of Welker in that offense.I honestly watched the ball more than anything, but it seemed like Broyles lined up all over more than I expected. So, while he's sure to be a slot terror, it doesn't look like he's necessarily pigeon holed there like I assumed he'd be.Stafford and Broyles missed on two potential TD's on the Lions first two drives with a drop and an overthrow so there's still some chemistry things to smooth out, but I think he's a great complement to CJ and a lot more trustworthy than Titus. Solid dynasty player with some redraft upside if the Lions move him ahead of Titus the rest of the way.
He started first play opposite Calvin Johnson. And he makes some nice cuts and double moves. Has some speed. Ran a 4.57 at the combine 5 months after ACL tear, pretty impressive. The drop TD pass sucked but tough catch too but nonetheless he should have caught it. Looked good all day and ran better routes then Titus.

Users who are viewing this thread