What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ryan Mallett (9 Viewers)

Rotoworld:

Ryan Mallett - QB - Free Agent

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Jets are not interested in free agent QB Ryan Mallett.

New York lost Ryan Fitzpatrick to what looks like a multiple-week injury and backup Geno Smith was battered and bruised against the Raiders, but those issues are not enough for the Jets to kick the tires on Mallett. Not a particularly good quarterback to begin with, Mallett's attitude issues could make it difficult for him to find another job.

Related: Jets

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Nov 1 - 10:16 PM

Rotoworld:

Ryan Mallett - QB - Free Agent

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Jets are not interested in free agent QB Ryan Mallett.

New York lost Ryan Fitzpatrick to what looks like a multiple-week injury and backup Geno Smith was battered and bruised against the Raiders, but those issues are not enough for the Jets to kick the tires on Mallett. Not a particularly good quarterback to begin with, Mallett's attitude issues could make it difficult for him to find another job.

Related: Jets

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Nov 1 - 10:16 PM
Damn. He's going to be pissed when he finally wakes up tomorrow and reads this.

They better be prepared to start him over Flacco or they're going to be getting nasty glares all game and disappointing looks when the Ravens score a TD.

Ravens QB Ryan Mallett was "intercepted at least five times" in Friday's practice, then lost his cool on the field.

Per ESPN Ravens reporter Jamison Hensley, Mallett "looked awful" filling in for Joe Flacco (back). Hensley observed two other throws that were nearly picked off, and on his final interception, Mallett "threw his white towel in the air," prompting Terrell Suggs to say, "tell (OC Marty Mornhinweg) to tell Mallett to throw to the guys wearing the purple jerseys (on offense)." The Ravens have been considering signing free agent Colin Kaepernick.

Source: Jamison Hensley on Twitter 

Jul 28 - 1:58 PM

Very sad. Not sure what happened but riptides are no joke if that is how this tragedy occurred. Just do not go out that far where you know riptides are present. Mallet had a rocket arm back in the day.

I was on my honeymoon in the Bahamas and snorkeling around a sunken ship. I was in good health and physical condition. I'm also a decent swimmer I got caught in a tide pulling out towards open water. The outfit we used was recommended by our cruise ship but I found out later they were not the best when it came to safety protocols. No one saw me get caught in the current but my wife did get the crew's attention by the time they really understood what was happening I was struggling and swimming against the current this was exhausting. I was a decent way from my wife and help. I started swimming to the side which did end up getting me to a safe place but I was pretty far out in open water. The crew sent out a couple of people to me and they guided me back to the ship. I was totally spent. I was done for the rest of the day. I later asked many questions like why we were not warned about the currents around the sunken ship. The answer was it normally is not an issue where I was but it can happen at any time and really was just bad luck. They did have a crew member near us but was dealing with another issue with another customer at the time. All in all, I was fine but I will never do that again. The moral of my story is it does not matter who you are and what kind of shape you are in or how good of a swimmer you are. You get caught in a current or riptide it is not only terrifying it is extremely dangerous. If I had not remembered to swim to the side it could have been a very very bad day for me. The panic that sets in also affects your ability to think.

I was on my honeymoon in the Bahamas and snorkeling around a sunken ship. I was in good health and physical condition. I'm also a decent swimmer I got caught in a tide pulling out towards open water. The outfit we used was recommended by our cruise ship but I found out later they were not the best when it came to safety protocols. No one saw me get caught in the current but my wife did get the crew's attention by the time they really understood what was happening I was struggling and swimming against the current this was exhausting. I was a decent way from my wife and help. I started swimming to the side which did end up getting me to a safe place but I was pretty far out in open water. The crew sent out a couple of people to me and they guided me back to the ship. I was totally spent. I was done for the rest of the day. I later asked many questions like why we were not warned about the currents around the sunken ship. The answer was it normally is not an issue where I was but it can happen at any time and really was just bad luck. They did have a crew member near us but was dealing with another issue with another customer at the time. All in all, I was fine but I will never do that again. The moral of my story is it does not matter who you are and what kind of shape you are in or how good of a swimmer you are. You get caught in a current or riptide it is not only terrifying it is extremely dangerous. If I had not remembered to swim to the side it could have been a very very bad day for me. The panic that sets in also affects your ability to think.
Glad your day didn't end worse. I always heard the best thing to do is not panic and swim to the side.

Glad your day didn't end worse. I always heard the best thing to do is not panic and swim to the side.
I definitely panicked. I was lucky that the idea to swim to the side flashed in my brain but have no idea how or why. I was in full panic at that point. When I did swim to the side the current was still taking me further out. it's terrifying and the complete helplessness takes over. I just read 11 people have drowned in the last 2 weeks on the Florida gulf coast.

Very sad. Not sure what happened but riptides are no joke if that is how this tragedy occurred. Just do not go out that far where you know riptides are present. Mallet had a rocket arm back in the day.
I’ve read that there were Double-Red flags out in several of the drownings…not sure about this one. There are official crystal clear warnings to help…you aren’t supposed to be in the water at all.

I grew up in Arkansas and I was as excited for Mallet joining the team as I've ever been for a player. Matt Jones was a great college QB but it was first time I thought the Hogs had got a legit NFL type QB since I was old enough to know what was going on. Was taking a little nap yesterday when I was woken up by a text chain from some friends who were reporting the news. Took me a few minutes for it to sink in.

So tragic and I just got back a few days ago from that same area and I had no idea so many deaths had occurred from the rip tides. My wife kept warning me about it and they had rip tide warnings every day but I paid it no mind.

Go to the destin area a couple times a year. The tides have been pretty crazy the past few seasons. I like to go body boarding but have a pretty strict rule to never go that far out.

Rip mallet. Seemed like a good guy.

A buddy of mines brother drowned at Pompano Fl beach a some years ago...he saw 2 kids getting pulled out at the beach by rip tide and didn't hesitate to swim out to save them...he DID save them but ended up drowning himself in front of his wife and own kids...a true hero if ever there was one...I guess if you're going to die I can't think of a better reason...saving 2 kids who have their whole lives ahead of them...God bless

Last edited:
I’ve read that there were Double-Red flags out in several of the drownings…not sure about this one. There are official crystal clear warnings to help…you aren’t supposed to be in the water at all.
Apparently it wasn't related to the extreme rip currents in other areas. The area he drowned wasn't under single or double red flag warnings.

Users who are viewing this thread