What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** San Francisco 49ers thread *** Schedule release May 15th - Rumor: 49ers will play Vikings in London in 2024 (78 Viewers)

Jesus. A lot of front runners here. They played like crap but gutted it out and won. Should make you proud as a fan.
It was a roller coaster of emotions but I watched every play and on cloud 9 right now. The highs wouldn't feel so good without the lows.
Same. A little too close but as long as they win, more exciting to have a game like this 😎

Dre played amazing. Superstar
What a beast he was but I was screaming at him to go down. Bonehead
We could use the collective energy of people screaming GO DOWN at Greenlaw on that play to power the entire planet

Jesus. A lot of front runners here. They played like crap but gutted it out and won. Should make you proud as a fan.
It was a roller coaster of emotions but I watched every play and on cloud 9 right now. The highs wouldn't feel so good without the lows.
Same. A little too close but as long as they win, more exciting to have a game like this 😎

I don’t know if he’s just so hopped up on adrenaline most of the time or if he’s not the sharpest knife in the drawer generally, but he just loses his mind once in awhile.
Me and my son were laughing about it afterward. The kind of intensity that makes him a great player but if he can make better decisions in a situation like that, even better.

But hard not to love the guy. So much fun to watch.

You gotta admit though - there was some major puckering going on. :lol:
Absolutely

I don’t post during games because I usually have people over. Was just surprised at all the die hards melting down. Not like they were down 28 points like Dallas. Never more than 1 score down. Just don’t get it.
I think it was just Wingnut and Fantasycurse in this forum.
There is justifiably frustrated and ticked off like several of us were, and then there was Wingnut, who should ask Joe to lock him from editing thread titles.
Funny you say that, and I agree.

Someone take the lead when the 49ers season is over.

It's been fun, yall.

Been gone for a bit. Came back just to post in this thread. I was SURE we were dead, for I'm sure the same reasons that were posted in this thread. 49ers gutted it out, despite it all. Praying for a dry Sunday afternoon/evening next week for Purdy's sake.

BBNG

We could use the collective energy of people screaming GO DOWN at Greenlaw on that play to power the entire planet

I screamed it into the ether of my empty living room no less than six times this evening. My wife had comments, after the fact.

Shanahan is now 1-30 in games trailing by 5+ points in the 4th qtr
Technically that's heading into the 4th four quarter. The score was under 5 at the first recorded point "In" the fourth quarter, so the 0-30 still stands.
What? Yeah I get if they kicked fg as 3rd qtr expired it wouldn't have counted but Technically he is 1-30

I think we all need to take a beat and remember the season isn’t 1 game long - last night was just 1 game. Recency bias seemingly has everyone worried. I am not worried.

This is the same team that dominated all year.

Good weather on tap for Sunday’s game - optimism that Deebo will play. Defense much more effective on a dry field. Purdy much more effective with dry balls. :oldunsure:

Still have home field advantage.

Bring on the Lions or Bucs. Niners will be ready for them.

Still favored to win the Super Bowl, including being an implied favorite against Baltimore if that ends up being the matchup.
According to the conspiracy theorists the fix is in based on the color scheme.
:rolleyes:
My 9 year old son mentioned something about this to me. Something about the colors of the Super Bowl logo being released at the before the season and then the teams with those colors making it. The prediction for this year is apparently Ravens vs Niners? I just dismissed it. :oldunsure:

Interesting that the Packers had 1 penalty for 5 yards last night, especially when you look at how much they were pushing after the play all game. And don't get me started on the penalty called on Trent when the GB player flopped. I know Trent is strong, but that was a total joke.

After the Lenoir legal tackle on Jordan Love, #71 going ballistic, pushing multiple players, yet "offsetting" penalties were called. All Gregory did was push a guy away who was getting in his face. Terrible.

Shanahan is now 1-30 in games trailing by 5+ points in the 4th qtr
Technically that's heading into the 4th four quarter. The score was under 5 at the first recorded point "In" the fourth quarter, so the 0-30 still stands.
What? Yeah I get if they kicked fg as 3rd qtr expired it wouldn't have counted but Technically he is 1-30

Picking nits, but technically you can say he hasn't comeback from 5+ inside the 4th quarter. Just like I don't consider the first quarter underway at until the first play is completed, otherwise KC/Buffalo has been in progress for the last 6+ days. All I'm saying is that you can use the exact definition of "in" to keep the 0fer alive.

Apparently eating gummies when you don't do edibles, and then drinking too many IPAs makes me do idiotic things. The wife said at one point last night I was in the backyard calling to or yelling at the football gods. I have zero recollection of this.

No more edibles. Not a fan.
It’s ok brother. It happens to us all 😎

Go NINERS!

The 49ers have been in 7 of the last 13 NFC Championship games with four different starting QBs and have zero rings to show for it.
Wow. I'd like to say it's time but it's gonna be tough. Gonna have to beat Detroit, which is doable then Ravens. Possible for sure I guess

Apparently eating gummies when you don't do edibles, and then drinking too many IPAs makes me do idiotic things. The wife said at one point last night I was in the backyard calling to or yelling at the football gods. I have zero recollection of this.

I once peed on my roommate and his girlfriend when they were sleeping. But that was in college after doing 21 shots on my 21st bday. I miss those days.

The 49ers have been in 7 of the last 13 NFC Championship games with four different starting QBs and have zero rings to show for it.
Wow. I'd like to say it's time but it's gonna be tough. Gonna have to beat Detroit, which is doable then Ravens. Possible for sure I guess
Not worried about Detroit at home, outside. Confident they beat either of the NFC teams.

Not worried about Detroit at home, outside. Confident they beat either of the NFC teams.
I dont know man. Packers showed that Niners defense has holes. Detroit has sooooó many weapons. If they don't pressure Goff successfully Detroit would put up points. Should be a fun game. If Detroit beats Tampa.

:lol:

Psst - you can send them to me

As a former federal law enforcement officer you don't want that heat. Ha ha

Did you ever kill anyone or take down any bad guys like Jimmy Garoppolo?

CMAC had 32 in our playoff league. He's still the FF cheat code.
I’m in a guillotine league where you can only use a player once, and every week 1/2 the league gets chopped (we started with 80+ teams) . 7 offense, 7 IDP

This week I used LJax, CMC, Kittle, Warner, RoSmith - CMC put me in 1st place for now. He is a FF god.

Very personal question. Ha ha. Let's just say with 3 combat tours I'm not denying anything. Did Jimmy use his bare hands?

I dont know man. Packers showed that Niners defense has holes. Detroit has sooooó many weapons. If they don't pressure Goff successfully Detroit would put up points. Should be a fun game. If Detroit beats Tampa.
Different team on the road, outside. Got curb stomped by the Bears. Dome teams struggling outside is a real thing. But yeah, if the 49ers play like they did yesterday, any decent team could beat them. But I don’t think they will. Losing Deebo early hurt them worse than if they had prepared to play without him. Big factor in yesterday’s offensive struggles IMO.

Very personal question. Ha ha. Let's just say with 3 combat tours I'm not denying anything. Did Jimmy use his bare hands?
Well, his throwing hand, so yeah.

The vaunted 49ers D Line with zero sacks.

Defensive Pressures vs. Packers, PFF:

Nick Bosa: 7 (5 QB hits)
Arik Armstead: 5
Chase Young: 3
Javon Hargrave: 3
Javon Kinlaw: 1
Randy Gregory: 1

Young just isn't very good, and I'd trade Bosa for TJ Watt in a heartbeat.

I think the field had a lot to do with that. It was a mess out three & players were slipping a lot.

Bosa was an inch away from a sack at least 4 times. Both the long reception to Doubs & the TD were the result of DBs who had coverage losing their footing. That won’t happen when it’s dry.

I expect a much better showing next weekend.

Agree about Young. If he’s not getting to the QB, he’s virtually useless because he can’t set the edge for shiot. Gets sucked inside so easily. Ferrell wasn’t flashy but a solid, all around player. Will be missed more than most fans think.

On a side note, WTF was Deebo returning kicks for?

The field had a lot to do with the 0 sacks, IMO.

Agree about Young. If he’s not getting to the QB, he’s virtually useless because he can’t set the edge for shiot. Gets sucked inside so easily. Ferrell wasn’t flashy but a solid, all around player. Will be missed more than most fans think.

On a side note, WTF was Deebo returning kicks for?
Ferrell is a good edge setter. That was definitely missed last night and will be going forward.

When I saw Deebo on the kickoff I said to my wife "Deebo returning kicks? Is Kyle TRYING to get him hurt?" So dumb.

The pass rush was much better the 2nd half. No sacks but got good pressure. I only remember one blitz the entire game. Might have missed a couple but pretty much a 4 man rush all game.

Probably, but in the last 4 games the 49ers have 0 vs GB, 2 vs LAR, 1 vs WAS, and 2 vs BAL.

In the previous 7 games, they had at least 3 sacks per game. They've fallen off at the worst possible time.

Last edited:

The pass rush was much better the 2nd half. No sacks but got good pressure. I only remember one blitz the entire game. Might have missed a couple but pretty much a 4 man rush all game.
Only 2 blitzes last night, fewest in a game for them since 2012 per a PFF guy on twitter

Probably, but in the last 4 games the 49ers have 0 vs GB, 2 vs LAR, 1 vs WAS, and 2 vs BAL.

In the previous 7 games, they had at least 3 per game. They've fallen off at the worst possible time.
Bosa used to be a one man game wrecker. Now he consistently gets pressure but rarely gets home and isn’t materially disrupting passing games.

Only 2 blitzes last night, fewest in a game for them since 2012 per a PFF guy on twitter
The one I remember they forced Love to hurry and got a stop. You would think they might try it more often 🤷🏻

Shanahan on why they went with Logan Ryan over Ji'Ayir Brown at safety:

“We kind of decided that when Ji’Ayir had missed about four weeks. I think it was two games, but he had been out four weeks. He's been awesome in practice. I love Ji’Ayir. It has nothing to do with him. Just our experience of playoff games being around us. I think it's a lot when you got a rookie who hasn't played in a month, who is a very passionate, aggressive player. I just don't want to put all that on him, to have him go out in the playoff game when he hasn't been out there for four weeks. Especially when you have a veteran behind him who could just calm down a little bit. If things would've gone differently, we would've put Ji’Ayir in right away. But we don't want to do that really to Ji’Ayir.”

Hopefully Brown is back starting next week, Ryan looked slow.

This season rides on KS, Purdy and that Dline

None of which i have a ton of faith in right now
Purdy will be fine IMO. Hadn't played in a while and the conditions sucked.

Next week he lights it up in the championship game IMO.

Shanahan worries me more than anything. In those conditions, why didn't Mitchell or Mason get a carry? Mason is a mudder who can wear down DBs, and Mitchell is a nice change of pace while CMC takes a breather.

24 total rushes last night. Kyle seems determined to win on Purdys arm. Let your horses run, guy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread