What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Scratch Ireland off the "places to visit" list (2 Viewers)

I love all the no way comments. Do you people even pay attention to what happens in our own airports? Toddlers strip searched? Old ladies made to remove their diapers? People held in rooms for hours with no reason or explanation? You guys may need to get out more.
Trust me I've been one of the biggest critics of the TSA, and I'm not saying this didn't or couldn't happen, but it's actually also possible it didn't. I'd like to see some more information on this before I form any conclusions.
Sure it's always possible she made up this incredibly intricate lie. But I'm going with Occam here.
The story seems a bit overboard. I'm sure she went through a rough and unfair treatment. But I can easily see this woman being a spoiled American who reality-TV upped the drama to make a point and get revenge for not having potatoes and whiskey offered to her throne.
Yes she put herself in prison and then refused to talk to her parents. She tried to put herself on a plane when she was so visibly sick they wouldn't let her on and sent herself to jail. Evil little vixen.
Obviously we have no idea what really happened but this reminds me of a girl I know who generally acts like a total jerk to people in public and escalates things way beyond where they need to be, then tells a story where she was being a polite little southern belle the whole time and "I just don't understand why he was being so mean to me, *tear*".

I mean, what's more likely here, that a dozen people were individually complete ###holes to her for no reason at all or that she was sassy, indignant, and rude enough to a dozen different people to bring out the ###hole in them and then embelished her story beyond reason?

I'm not saying this stuff didn't happen, I'm just saying that I'm not taking it at one person's word when I've seen these stories twisted by certain types of people plenty of times. It's possible that everyone was a #### to her for no reason, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if she has a new story every week where she's the unluckiest person in the world whom everyone is mean to for no reason.
Hello, exactly.

I, for one, will still be visiting Ireland one day during Bloomsbury so I can quote Joyce in the streets and bath in Guinness and forget everything that happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love all the no way comments. Do you people even pay attention to what happens in our own airports? Toddlers strip searched? Old ladies made to remove their diapers? People held in rooms for hours with no reason or explanation? You guys may need to get out more.
Trust me I've been one of the biggest critics of the TSA, and I'm not saying this didn't or couldn't happen, but it's actually also possible it didn't. I'd like to see some more information on this before I form any conclusions.
Sure it's always possible she made up this incredibly intricate lie. But I'm going with Occam here.
Wouldn't Occam take you down the exact opposite path logically?

Crazy story is more likely?

Wouldn't Occam take you down the exact opposite path logically?

Crazy story is more likely?
W. of Occam would still be scratching his head over the fact that the writer had apparently chosen to brush aside most inviolable rules of journalistic integrity. Ends up reading more like a strange third-person op/ed.

I still want to know where her long-distance love was during all this. Was he:

A. As fictitious as a leprechaun?

B. Planting contraband in her luggage once he got a look at her, to ensure her continued incarceration?

C. Standing forlornly outside the security area, falsely assuming his fair Minnesotan love had stood him up?

D. Drunk in a pub?

"Why are you here in Canada?"

"To visit the Molson brewery, take in a Leafs game, and walk in some nice parks."

"Proceed."

Simple.
Mange on awesome French food, bang barely legal French hookers, get destroyed and hit on some 18 year old american sluts at the disco and maybe a little weed or yayo.

"What's you purpose in Ireland?"

"Well I want to get a job.....as a professional drinker of beer!"

"Oh oh oh, you almost got us. We had the cuffs out and everything! Haha! Good one. First round is on us."

In the mid-90s a friend of mine was living in London with her husband while he was there on a 6-month work visa. She made the same mistake (admitting she might look for work) coming back into the country after T'giving and was deported on the spot. Literally put on the next plane back to the U.S. and told not to come back.
Doesn't surprise me.

I don't know if any of you has been unfortunate enough to have to rely on the "Ivy-league type ####s" that are in US embassies but if it were life or death ...kiss your ### goodbye.

I haven't wanted to stab anyone in their smug ####### face any worse than that little #### sucker in the US embassy in Guangdong, China. Their fax machine "broke" in the mid-transmittal of 4o or so couples adoption papers. Our and about a third of the families paperwork hadn't gotten through and our plane was leaving that morning.

Result?

Took another week to get the paperwork resent. And he was a super-smug POS bow-tied #### eating ### hole. Several of us dads were ready mug him in the alley.

I still want to hunt him down and kick his ### in front of what I am sure is a smug Ivy League wife (gender non-specific).

The Ivy League really should make a course in FAX machine repair part of their general curriculum.

American higher education is the worst.

Users who are viewing this thread