What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Selvin Young (1 Viewer)

VICK-tory

Footballguy
Selvin Young might get his shot in Nov. this is from draftsharks.com

Travis Henry's hearing set

Bill Williamson of the Denver Post reports: "An NFL spokesman said the league has set a Nov. 5 hearing for Denver running back Travis Henry on his appeal for a third positive test for marijuana." That's the Monday after Denver's Nov. 4th game at Detroit - supporting the conventional wisdom that Henry's last game is week 9. You gotta think there's no way Henry strolls out of the league offices that day as an active NFL player. Of course, nothing is in stone yet. He has that insane lawsuit dangling in federal court to try and delay league punishment so he can keep collecting game checks.

Posted on Oct 19, 2007 - 7:18 PM

Latest on Travis Henry

We chatted with Bill Williamson of the Denver Post about Travis Henry's playing status with his pending suspension. Tomorrow is Henry's last day to appeal after receiving the NFL violation letter. We have always felt that week 8 might be his last game, maybe week 9 if he's lucky. "Yeah, 2-3 weeks from now, then he may be out," said Williamson.

Posted on Oct 18, 2007 - 5:16 PM

Word is Andre Hall could go from the practice squad to 1st & 2nd downs. Young remains change-of-pace.

Word is Andre Hall could go from the practice squad to 1st & 2nd downs. Young remains change-of-pace.
I usually hate when people do this but link?
I believe it's in one of the five minute drills. It's all speculation by fbg'ers.
I know it's speculation but that makes little to no sense to me. The same argument that some have applied to Selvin that he is too inexperienced to handle the full time job should apply to Hall as well. I can say I have at least seen Selvin in a game be productive....I can't say the same of Hall.Not to say he does or does not have talent but where was he when Mike Bell came in and took the backup spot? If he couldn't get off the practice squad and compete with Bell who lost his job to another guy practically off the street in Young why are people so high on him?

Selvin Young might get his shot in Nov. this is from draftsharks.com

Travis Henry's hearing set

Bill Williamson of the Denver Post reports: "An NFL spokesman said the league has set a Nov. 5 hearing for Denver running back Travis Henry on his appeal for a third positive test for marijuana." That's the Monday after Denver's Nov. 4th game at Detroit - supporting the conventional wisdom that Henry's last game is week 9. You gotta think there's no way Henry strolls out of the league offices that day as an active NFL player. Of course, nothing is in stone yet. He has that insane lawsuit dangling in federal court to try and delay league punishment so he can keep collecting game checks.

Posted on Oct 19, 2007 - 7:18 PM

Latest on Travis Henry

We chatted with Bill Williamson of the Denver Post about Travis Henry's playing status with his pending suspension. Tomorrow is Henry's last day to appeal after receiving the NFL violation letter. We have always felt that week 8 might be his last game, maybe week 9 if he's lucky. "Yeah, 2-3 weeks from now, then he may be out," said Williamson.

Posted on Oct 18, 2007 - 5:16 PM
Henry's Appeal Hearing Tentatively Set for Nov. 5th --Fri Oct 19, 2007 --from FFMastermind.com

The Denver Post reports an NFL spokesman said the league has set a Nov. 5 hearing for Denver Broncos RB Travis Henry on his appeal for a third positive test for marijuana. He was informed in mid-September of the failed test. However, the appeal hearing date is tentative because Henry is fighting the NFL in the New York courts system. Still, the timeline for Henry's hearing is believed to be three to four weeks. "I know nothing," Henry said Friday. "I really don't know any dates for anything."

:confused:

Going to be a lot of disappointed folks.
Agree, those folks thinking Hall would be the man would be extremely disappointed.
The only problem here is that it the Broncos we're talking about here. Any one of the RB (or FBs) can possibly take over starting duties once Henry is suspended and subsequently cut.As a Henry owner, I just want it over with as I cannot keep hanging on to 3 guys for one player. It paid off two years ago when I had Mike Anderson, however this year is way too much of a headache. I'm done with Broncos RBs until they have one back play for two straight seasons!

Going to be a lot of disappointed folks.
Agree, those folks thinking Hall would be the man would be extremely disappointed.
The only problem here is that it the Broncos we're talking about here. Any one of the RB (or FBs) can possibly take over starting duties once Henry is suspended and subsequently cut.As a Henry owner, I just want it over with as I cannot keep hanging on to 3 guys for one player. It paid off two years ago when I had Mike Anderson, however this year is way too much of a headache. I'm done with Broncos RBs until they have one back play for two straight seasons!
don't let internet chat interrupt with Shanny's true past. First off he will feed a RB until his legs fall off if he is good enough. And Shanny already said weeks ago that Young is a starter in this league. Shanny moved the other scrub RBs to fullback. Now, besides last year, Shanny had to change RBs cause everyone kept getting hurt.

Denver Post seems to think to would be a combo of Hall and Young. Gotta love the standard Shanny quote.

In Henry's absence, the Broncos would count on Selvin Young, an explosive undrafted rookie who is averaging 9.2 yards on limited carries.

"I have a lot of confidence in Selvin Young," Shanahan said.

Young's lean frame, though, would raise concerns about whether he could take a 20-carries-a-game pounding, especially since he suffered his share of college injuries. Most likely, the Broncos would use a tailback rotation of Young and Andre Hall, who is small and compact.

"I'm looking for an opportunity but I don't want it that way," Hall said. "Honestly, if Travis says he didn't do anything, then I believe him. I'm behind him 100 percent. He's a friend, so I'm with him no matter what the outcome may be. Hopefully, it's in his favor. If not, he's still my guy."
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_7100803?source=rss

I love how everyone is calling Young inexperienced, yet Hall is on the practice squad. :goodposting: Doesn't make sense.
But Hall isn't on the practice squad, he's on the active roster. He's 3rd on the depth chart at tailback behind Henry and Young (Bell and Sapp are listed as fullbacks, but they are both in this mix, too). Hall and Young are both inexperienced, but anything can happen with Shanny, any RB can succeed in Denver, and nobody really knows what will happen, so all of these RBs have value. It remains to be seen which has the most.

Users who are viewing this thread