What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Serious Biz Dynasty Year 17 - Plenty of talent on the come (4 Viewers)

Yahoo player pool is pitiful. Cbs has faults but the only real alternative is fantrax, which is way worse than free CBS.

Also have you guys ever thought of a 34 deep or so roster with a small 3 round supplemental each year? Even a short draft seems to keep people interested and invested in our über 4 sport league. Just throwing it out there.
This would definitely help the interest level IMO, especially the rebuilding teams. :hi:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pik said he was gonna give away his team this morning, knob.

Plus this is like the third time I've been in this league. Adding some bells and whistles couldn't hurt. Amateur draft, supplemental draft, scrub vet draft, some kind of annual draft.

PIK's idle threats are 8 years strong. He won't even remember he said that next week.

You'd know all this if you hadn't quit on your family in here.

I didn't know there was an interest level problem, noobs.
Interest is as high as ever in this league right now IMO. With everyone paying attention, it takes a lot of time and effort to dig up a roster-worthy prospect. Hence the desire for other ways to acquire players.

Pik said he was gonna give away his team this morning, knob.

Plus this is like the third time I've been in this league. Adding some bells and whistles couldn't hurt. Amateur draft, supplemental draft, scrub vet draft, some kind of annual draft.
My Zilla league team. Not this one. Never. I'll just load everyone's roster onto my own CBS site and pay a guy to enter the transactions in real time.

Max has been the only guy doing anything to keep us in 1st, but he is so ridiculous apparently that is good enough.

Max has been the only guy doing anything to keep us in 1st, but he is so ridiculous apparently that is good enough.
On the other end of the standings...

BP projects Brendon Rodgers as the only player from the 2015 draft class to be a top 20 prospect as of today. :thumbup:

So I changed my email addy last week on the site and now I dont receive trade offers/rejections, but I still receive the add/drops. I checked the settings and Im suppose to get the offers but I dont. Any clue anyone?

Did someone click the wrong button?
Teheran is a #2 fantasy pitcher going forward, Taylor is a guy I love but probably a better avg league player. AGone is getting long in the tooth, Betances is not guaranteed saves when Miller returns, and K-Rod should have been :tfp: two years ago and could get traded to be an 8th inning guy somewhere.

I like the Berserker side better. :shrug:

Spartans Rule said:
Third time in 5 days I've had a pitcher throw 7 shutout innings and not get a W. Really starting to hate that category.
If I change "shutout innings" to "innings without an earned run" we can make it 4 times in 6 days.

Teheran is a #2 fantasy pitcher going forward, Taylor is a guy I love but probably a better avg league player. AGone is getting long in the tooth, Betances is not guaranteed saves when Miller returns, and K-Rod should have been :tfp: two years ago and could get traded to be an 8th inning guy somewhere. I like the Berserker side better. :shrug:
Thought it was a win/win & would take Bezerkers side

Teheran is a #2 fantasy pitcher going forward, Taylor is a guy I love but probably a better avg league player. AGone is getting long in the tooth, Betances is not guaranteed saves when Miller returns, and K-Rod should have been :tfp: two years ago and could get traded to be an 8th inning guy somewhere. I like the Berserker side better. :shrug:
Thought it was a win/win & would take Bezerkers side
Me too. lol

But I think it was fair and pretty even. I probably rate Taylor too high. I don't think he has the 25-25 upside that some people think, but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes 17-25 next year and beyond. His K rate is high, but whose isn't these days? The few times I've watched him, I've been surprisingly impressed with his ability to take a walk. He had a great at bat against Aroldis Chapman a few nights ago that ended up in a BB. If he can get his OBP over .330, that would be great, as I think he'll really be helpful in most of the counting stats hitting at the top of what should be a great team for several years. I love the power/speed potential.

I know Teheran's stats this year aren't pretty, but I think he's so close to becoming what most scouts thought he'd be. With Liriano, Arietta, Teheran, and C.Martinez (and Severino maybe?), I might finally have a legitimate pitching staff next year.

Hoos obviously is going all-out to win this year, and getting Gonzalez will help out. But as DrD said, he's getting up in age. After a torrid April (I should have traded him then), he's basically been on a pace that translates to a 21-homer, 84-RBI campaign over a 162-game schedule. Betances is awesome, even if he's not the closer. My pitching stats would be even more brutal if I hadn't had him the last two years.

Anyway, it's a fun trade. Should be interesting to see how it turns out. Hoos is stacked (he was already stacked), and can afford to lose those two. I hope the teams he is competing with up top don't get too mad at me. :no:

Berserker said:
Anyway, it's a fun trade. Should be interesting to see how it turns out. Hoos is stacked (he was already stacked), and can afford to lose those two. I hope the teams he is competing with up top don't get too mad at me. :no:
Only thing I'm mad about is that this Lucas Duda you sold me is defective.

Can I add Astros catching prospect Jacob Nottingham, and I'll drop broken catching prospect Arfarlo. Thanks

I guess I'm the anti PIK, in that I think Yahoo is a billion times better than CBS.
For me its that all my other leagues are on CBS and its easier to deal with from my phone. Yahoo is awful on my phone.
Are you using the App? I find CBS app to be dog####, where Yahoo instantlyvtells me who is and isn't in the lineup and lets me make all the changes from the roster page - not clicking edit lineup, pitchers, batters, whatever and having to go to another site to check lineups.

CBS app is terrible but the overall site is much better. Plus with Yahoo there is the issue of the player pool, which probably has half the players CBS does.

PIK95 said:
Getting Andrew McCutchen in the 1st round when you thought he'd be long gone, $25.ingl

Buying three drinks at your local because the bartender has firm double d cans, $18

Quiting the same baseball league twice in a five year time span, priceless.
:goodposting:
Are you quitting again?
No, I'll never quit again. I shouldn't have the first time, but I had IRL stuff that prevented me from staying.

But I quit.

PIK's idle threats are 8 years strong. He won't even remember he said that next week.

You'd know all this if you hadn't quit on your family in here.
But I LOVE this league. I would never quit. There was a time when I turned down Mensa and remembered everything. That was pre concussions I guess.....

Steve Sousa turned 26 so my other players think he's a Narc. I could move him and Jace Peterson for a younger 2B or OF.

Thanks for the offer! I think you got the better of the deal, but I have really wanted to drop Jace Pete and pick up Newcomb all week. I figured Ee would get mad if I didn't have a 2b so thanks.

Thanks for the offer! I think you got the better of the deal, but I have really wanted to drop Jace Pete and pick up Newcomb all week. I figured Ee would get mad if I didn't have a 2b so thanks.
My pleasure. I needed more guys hitting below .220 anyway.

P.s. Maybe we need a league vote on this. Can we please add K% as a hitting category? #winning!!

Fysa the guys that were in the 2015 draft are mostly available now. I picked up real Brendan Rodgers, dropped placeholder Brendan Rodgers

Fysa the guys that were in the 2015 draft are mostly available now. I picked up real Brendan Rodgers, dropped placeholder Brendan Rodgers
Thanks, although it may take me all night. Still no Nottingham though. Weird.

Only thing I'm mad about is that this Lucas Duda you sold me is defective.
:thumbup:

First-two-months Duda was way better than this recent Duda.
This new Duda that homers all the time is even better.

Users who are viewing this thread