What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Severe weather outbreak expected tomorrow Chicago/Cinci Concern (1 Viewer)

Why is this not being talked about more in the fantasy community? There could be some big implications for games in these areas tomorrow.

Why is this not being talked about more in the fantasy community? There could be some big implications for games in these areas tomorrow.
I agree. I'm a SKYWARN spotter and storm chaser and this set up is really conducive to a major event. The timing of these games is primetime for development.

Last edited by a moderator:
two threads on page1 about it.

check in tomorrow pre-kick to see exact severity of the game, switch em to monday nights!
I did actually look down the page and missed that thread. Ahh well. The big problem is if they decide to play these games tomorrow and we get the pop up lines of t-storms. It's going to get ugly and dangerous quickly.

check in tomorrow pre-kick to see exact severity of the game, switch em to monday nights!
I did actually look down the page and missed that thread. Ahh well. The big problem is if they decide to play these games tomorrow and we get the pop up lines of t-storms. It's going to get ugly and dangerous quickly.
if there is lightning, they will just stop the game and then resume once the weather passes.

if there is lightning, they will just stop the game and then resume once the weather passes.
Lightning is only a part of the issue. Torrential downpours, bow echo straight line winds, and tornadoes are a bigger concern.

Lightning is only a part of the issue. Torrential downpours, bow echo straight line winds, and tornadoes are a bigger concern.
Thinking about a couple major rain event games... KC with the water gushing out of the stands, the swamp bowl in Pittsburgh on the chewed-up turf, and Big Ben's first start in Miami... all total stink-ups from a fantasy perspective.

I started the earlier post about this same topic. What I am concerned about for fantasy is having to start McCown this week because I have Romo on a bye. I'm thinking about switiching to Palmer or someone else available. I dunno who has read any of the minitab statistics articles, but there is a good one about the impact of bad weather of fantasy points for QBs. It basically says that bad weather has very little negative effects on fantasy QB production with the exception of GUSTING WINDS. This game has gusty winds written all over it which to means both kickers are a must sit. I'm torn about the QB situation. The short passing game should be OK. The Bears should win this game at home. Flacco's long ball to Smith will be a non factor, and we alrady know how bad Baltimore's run game is. I can see the Bears easliy winning this game with a defensive boost at home.

I think you're all making a big stink about nothing. It's weather. It's football. At worst there might be some annoying delays. The overall impact will be minimal. DBs have to run in the rain too, which makes them more susceptible to mistakes and big plays.

I foresee a low scoring, boring game if this forecast is right. Downgrade all Chi/Balt. players and upgrade both defenses.

So obviously you can't bench uber-studs like A.J. Green & Marshall in these games. But now I'm wondering what to do with the likes of Marvin Jones, Jordan Cameron & Ray Rice, from whom I was hoping for better-than-usual performances.

I started the earlier post about this same topic. What I am concerned about for fantasy is having to start McCown this week because I have Romo on a bye. I'm thinking about switiching to Palmer or someone else available. I dunno who has read any of the minitab statistics articles, but there is a good one about the impact of bad weather of fantasy points for QBs. It basically says that bad weather has very little negative effects on fantasy QB production with the exception of GUSTING WINDS. This game has gusty winds written all over it which to means both kickers are a must sit. I'm torn about the QB situation. The short passing game should be OK. The Bears should win this game at home. Flacco's long ball to Smith will be a non factor, and we alrady know how bad Baltimore's run game is. I can see the Bears easliy winning this game with a defensive boost at home.
Who else is available? Alex smith?

So obviously you can't bench uber-studs like A.J. Green & Marshall in these games. But now I'm wondering what to do with the likes of Marvin Jones, Jordan Cameron & Ray Rice, from whom I was hoping for better-than-usual performances.
I remember a game one year where it was a blizzard and people considered benching Tom Brady..

He ended up throwing for 6 TDs. Just sayin!

Phenix said:
http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=698907

Glad there wasnt a couple threads on this already but here is the latest.

Maybe people should read the forum before the post.
Thanks for the reminder, Officer Penix
My stalker is back!

Ironic, considering you are quite the officer yourself.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=698745&page=3#entry16202854

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=698904#entry16207200

This one is my favorite >>> http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=698783#entry16203813

Like I said, if you are going to police, police right. lol
:lmao:

Phenix calling people out on posting topics that already have or will be posted on is hypocrisy at its finest, "post active/inactive players here" last week when FBG does this every Sunday morning was comical.

It's not the steady wind that is the major concern. Gusting winds are what kill the passing game. Show me a game with gusts to 45 where a QB threw anything over 5 yards for a TD pass!! LOL I can't start McCown under those conditions.

E. Manning, Palmer, Tannheill, Glennon, and the rest of the bottom guys are my only other options. All the hot waivers and top ranked are taken.

Phenix said:
Phenix said:
http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=698907

Glad there wasnt a couple threads on this already but here is the latest.

Maybe people should read the forum before the post.
Thanks for the reminder, Officer Penix
My stalker is back!

Ironic, considering you are quite the officer yourself. http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=698745&page=3#entry16202854http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=698904#entry16207200

This one is my favorite >>> http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=698783#entry16203813

Like I said, if you are going to police, police right. lol
:lmao: Phenix calling people out on posting topics that already have or will be posted on is hypocrisy at its finest, "post active/inactive players here" last week when FBG does this every Sunday morning was comical.
The fact you have so much anger over that, I suggest help!

If you want a real doctor for your issues, I may be able look some up for you here online since you do not have too much time yourself since you like stalking me.
Keep it up, I've got a real nice collection of your postings going to the mods :)

It's not the steady wind that is the major concern. Gusting winds are what kill the passing game. Show me a game with gusts to 45 where a QB threw anything over 5 yards for a TD pass!! LOL I can't start McCown under those conditions.

E. Manning, Palmer, Tannheill, Glennon, and the rest of the bottom guys are my only other options. All the hot waivers and top ranked are taken.
You are overthinking it. Most games look to have some bad weather for tomorrow. All options look like they might have some form of precipitation.

Hopefully when they realize how you clutter up everyone else postings with your uninformatrive bad attitude they will just ban you instead. Keep reporting.. you are helping us all.

PS... why does Phenix have to be such a tool?
No idea. I think it makes him feel important. :rolleyes: I chalk it up to being an immature child or some college punk with too much time on his hands. We've all been there and we all grew up one day... Most of us at leastJust wait until he starts sending you private messages. Just do what I do and save them to report to the mods. He'll have his privileges taken away one of these days for excessive tool-ery :)

the ignore function here is actually something that improved w/ the upgrade

still, though, please stop circumventing it by quoting. thanks.

PS... why does Phenix have to be such a tool?
He can't help it. Everyone that posts his hypocrisy is a "stalker". It shows he doesn't perceive reality - it is a mental deficiency.
:lmao: glad I'm not the only one who can't stand her antics!

What was great is that someone called her "officer Phenix" in this thread, and she turned around and used the same posting on someone else in a different thread. Can't even think of her own comebacks. Comical

Stick with the weather, looks like McCown is a downgrade, but Bears D is an upgrade, lord I shudder at the thought of trotting Eli out there once again.

Whats everyone else doing?

I remember a game one year where it was a blizzard and people considered benching Tom Brady..

Yeah and then another year there was a huge icy rain storm. I started Brady and Moss and they combined for ZERO TDs. Week 15 no less.

Yeah and then another year there was a huge icy rain storm. I started Brady and Moss and they combined for ZERO TDs. Week 15 no less.
My point exactly. It just like any other game, so dont over think it.

I believe I started a thread 3 or 4 days ago pointing towards inclement weather this week in most of the venues and got laughed at.

I believe I started a thread 3 or 4 days ago pointing towards inclement weather this week in most of the venues and got laughed at.
Just shows you should wait a couple days :) people don't tend to worry about weather until 2 days beforehand. It said it would be raining all day here today for 3-4 days ago but it's just been gloomy and rained for 10 minutes pretty hard. A lot can change, but you were correct in trying to raise awareness on this

Stick with the weather, looks like McCown is a downgrade, but Bears D is an upgrade, lord I shudder at the thought of trotting Eli out there once again.

Whats everyone else doing?
Waiting as long as possible. I'll go right up to the deadline if necessary. Seen far too many instances where even projected gusty winds don't end up wreaking havoc on the passing game. Really don't want to sit McCown because I like the matchup a lot. I think Marshall, Jeffery and Bennett (plus Forte out of the backfield) could all have good to great days against the Ravens. My options off the WW would be Glennon, Campbell, Geno Smith or Manuel. I like Glennon's matchup a lot so I'll probably pick him up and use him if I have to. But I really wanna go with McCown.

Wind Advisory in effect from 11AM EST SUN/10AM CST SUN until 9PM EST SUN/8PM CST SUN

WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM CST /11 AM EST/ TO 8 PM CST /9 PM EST/ SUNDAY

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CHICAGO HAS ISSUED A WIND ADVISORY

WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM CST /11 AM EST/ TO 8 PM CST /9 PM EST/ SUNDAY.

TIMING

MID SUNDAY MORNING THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING.

WINDS

SOUTHWEST WINDS AT 30 MPH WILL BE GUSTING TO 45 MPH BY MID SUNDAY MORNING. THEY WILL THEN TURN WEST BEHIND A COLD FRONT SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND CONTINUE TO BE STRONG THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING.

IMPACTS

BE CERTAIN THAT ANY LOOSE ITEMS SUSCEPTIBLE TO HIGH WINDS ARE SECURED. WINDS MAY ADVERSELY IMPACT HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS

A WIND ADVISORY MEANS THAT SUSTAINED WINDS OF 30 TO 39 MPH

OR GUSTS BETWEEN 45 AND 57 MPH

ARE LIKELY. WINDS THIS STRONG CAN CAUSE MINOR PROPERTY DAMAGE UNLESS PRECAUTIONS ARE TAKEN. DRIVING MAY BE DIFFICULT

ESPECIALLY IN HIGH PROFILE VEHICLES. MOTORISTS SHOULD BE ALERT AND USE CAUTION.

since the NFL has focused on being a pass happy league, sadly the tradition of playing in any weather anytime should also change. Rule changes over the past few years have forced teams to build their offenses around the passing game while defenses have done the same, if weather is going to severely affect the game and can be avoided by simply delaying the game a few hours then so be it.

Not everyone laughed, but Tornado warnings for the Chicago-Balt game could have huge FFB impacts.
I'd say chances of a tornado tomorrow at soldier field are minimal

Man I'm not sure if this hurts or helps Gio. I'd imagine it will all be quick/short throws in the wind. Which would favor Gio no?

Users who are viewing this thread