What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Since the handshake that crushed Jim Schwartz's hand (1 Viewer)

AmosMoses

Footballguy
The Detroit Lions are 2-4. From 5-1 to 7-5. Wins: Denver, Carolina. Losses: Atlanta, Chicago, Green Bay, New Orleans. The defense has allowed 19 points per game before the handshake to over 23. Suspension for Nstompokong Suh.

Is this just a product of their schedule? Something else?

Remaining games:

Vikings

AT Raiders

Chargers

AT Packers

2 likely wins. At Raiders will be a challenge, and at Packers is going to be a loss.

Playoffs?

harbough is so good he can steal your soul with a handshake and send your team to the eternal pits of firey losnig hell so no wonder shchwarts was mad!@

harbough is so good he can steal your soul with a handshake and send your team to the eternal pits of firey losnig hell so no wonder shchwarts was mad!@
DET isn't the only team to get sprung by the Harbaugh jinx.TB: Before loss to SF: 3-1. After losse: 1-6.NYG:Before loss : 6-2After loss: 0-3

wow i didnt know that based on that do NOT touch jim harboughs loss maker hand if you do not play football and you shake it you will not lose games you will probably lose your hair

Actually, I think that after the handshake incident, Schwartz's team realized what a #### he was. :shrug:

Since the unnamed Detroit defender made fun of Tebow, the Detroit defense has given up 130 points while going 1-3. Meanwhile, Tebow and Denver have gone 5-0.

I think it's funny that after he ran down Harbough now his team thinks they can do the same thing in games.

This is a better correlation than Madden.

It's something to look forward to in upcoming NFL seaons, as soon as the schedule is released.

i bet that if jim harbough probably did get inside shcwartsz head and now he cant call a good play or control his players because they all saw him lose it and now his words about maintaining control and being not provoked ring totally hollow to them and basically they are a ship without a rudder and i expect that kansas city could probably even beat them take that to the credit union i mean bank

The Detroit Lions are 2-4. From 5-1 to 7-5. Wins: Denver, Carolina. Losses: Atlanta, Chicago, Green Bay, New Orleans. The defense has allowed 19 points per game before the handshake to over 23. Suspension for Nstompokong Suh.

Is this just a product of their schedule? Something else?

Remaining games:

Vikings

AT Raiders

Chargers

AT Packers

2 likely wins. At Raiders will be a challenge, and at Packers is going to be a loss.

Playoffs?
This is what happens when you mock the Tebow.

Lions were 0-16 three years ago. 0-16!!

Now in the hunt for a playoff spot and selling out every game. Being the new badboys is so much better than being 0-16.

Lions were 0-16 three years ago. 0-16!!Now in the hunt for a playoff spot and selling out every game. Being the new badboys is so much better than being 0-16.
:goodposting: People loved the Lions, now everybody hates the Lions. Give it a few weeks and everybody will love and hate somebody else. Detroit has a good team, a good coach, and the Lions are relevant again. They're going to get better. They're not going anywhere.

Detroit's losses:

Green Bay (12-0)

San Francisco (10-2)

New Orleans (9-3)

Chicago (7-5) -- split season series, each team winning at home

Atlanta (7-5)

The only possible bad loss was to Atlanta. San Francisco came down to a fourth down play. Of course, there is something to be said for how they have been playing and that is perhaps a different story.

Even so, in the past two weeks, I think Detroit was reasonably competitive for a time against both Green Bay and especially New Orleans. They just couldn't get points out of many reasonable scoring opportunities. Given that no one has beaten Green Bay at all or the Saints in New Orleans all season long, those are not completely bad showings. If they could play with composure, they could theoretically play with anyone. However, that composure deficit seems like a situation that is not going to improve any time soon.

I think it's funny that after he ran down Harbough now his team thinks they can do the same thing in games.
:lmao: I wonder what Schwartz's players say to him when he pulls them aside after a dumb personal found penalty... "I learned it from watching you!"

wow i didnt know that based on that do NOT touch jim harboughs loss maker hand if you do not play football and you shake it you will not lose games you will probably lose your hair
i bet that if jim harbough probably did get inside shcwartsz head and now he cant call a good play or control his players because they all saw him lose it and now his words about maintaining control and being not provoked ring totally hollow to them and basically they are a ship without a rudder and i expect that kansas city could probably even beat them take that to the credit union i mean bank
These crack me up. I don't know if it is the nonsensical aspect of it or the lack of punctuation, but I almost laughed out loud.

Lions were 0-16 three years ago. 0-16!!Now in the hunt for a playoff spot and selling out every game. Being the new badboys is so much better than being 0-16.
:goodposting: People loved the Lions, now everybody hates the Lions. Give it a few weeks and everybody will love and hate somebody else. Detroit has a good team, a good coach, and the Lions are relevant again. They're going to get better. They're not going anywhere.
You got one sentence right. :tfp:

These crack me up. I don't know if it is the nonsensical aspect of it or the lack of punctuation, but I almost laughed out loud.
:goodposting:

the lions season is pretty muched summed up by this:

They beat the teams they should have (non-playoff teams)

and Lost to the playoff teams (GBx2, NO x2, SF, Atl) the other loss being a fully healthy Chicago team that IMO was going to the playoffs instead of the lions probably.

They are a work in progress and considering they were worse off than an expansion team, have come along way in 3 seasons.

They have the most important piece to win the in the NFL, an elite level QB, can he stay healthy 2 seasons in a row? If he does they will contend for the playoffs again

The Detroit Lions are 2-4. From 5-1 to 7-5. Wins: Denver, Carolina. Losses: Atlanta, Chicago, Green Bay, New Orleans. The defense has allowed 19 points per game before the handshake to over 23. Suspension for Nstompokong Suh.Is this just a product of their schedule? Something else?Remaining games:VikingsAT RaidersChargersAT Packers2 likely wins. At Raiders will be a challenge, and at Packers is going to be a loss.Playoffs?
this is why belichick doesn't like shaking hands

i think jim shwartz had bad karma on him from having a fit over that handshake but now that they lost its gone and hopefully next year he will run a tighter ship and not let dumb emotion things like that ruin his day so much

'Kool-Aid Larry said:
The Detroit Lions are 2-4. From 5-1 to 7-5. Wins: Denver, Carolina. Losses: Atlanta, Chicago, Green Bay, New Orleans. The defense has allowed 19 points per game before the handshake to over 23. Suspension for Nstompokong Suh.Is this just a product of their schedule? Something else?Remaining games:VikingsAT RaidersChargersAT Packers2 likely wins. At Raiders will be a challenge, and at Packers is going to be a loss.Playoffs?
this is why belichick doesn't like shaking hands
:goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread