What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Slow Online Draft - Experts League (1 Viewer)

Jeff, 4 pts per pass TD, cross off QB until Round 6, what are you looking for as an answer?

You don't want a RB? I would just drive the stake in the ground and grab a top 5 RB...come back in the 2nd and 3rd, grab 2 stud WRs, 4th/5th you got options, if there is value at any position you can jump on it. Round 6/7 grab a nice combo at QB. Is there special nuances to the league we would not understand in the FBG?

You can't take Brady/Rogers there with only 4 its per pass TD IMHO...

You might want to take Calvin Johnson and then grab a couple of RBs on the 2/3 turn that have fallen way too far but are slowly starting to creep back up, then go WR/WR on the 4/5 turn, QB/TE 6/7.

Where do you see the scoring and roster requirements?
Never used MFL? Drop down menu with League-Scoring rules.
Please don't criticize - just help.We all had to learn MFL at some point.http://football33.myfantasyleague.com/2012/options?L=26963&O=09
Rules for QB, RB, WR, TE, PK Event Range (Low-High) Points Test? Number of Passing TDs 1-10 4 points each Test Passing Yards 1-999 0.05 points each Test Pass Interceptions Thrown 1-10 -1 point each Test Passing 2 Pointers 1-10 2 points each Test Number of Rushing TDs 1-10 6 points each Test Rushing Yards 1-999 0.1 points each Test Rushing 2 Pointers 1-10 2 points each Test Number of Receiving TDs 1-10 6 points each Test Receiving Yards 1-999 0.1 points each Test Receptions 1-99 1 point each Test Receiving 2 Pointers 1-10 2 points each Test Length of Field Goal Made 1-30 3 Test Length of Field Goal Made 31-99 0.1 points each Test Extra Points 1-20 1 point each Test Rules for Def Event Range (Low-High) Points Test? Number of Punt Return TDs 1-10 6 points each Test Number of Kickoff Return TDs 1-10 6 points each Test Number of Defensive Fumble Recovery TDs 1-10 6 points each Test Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent) 1-99 2 points each Test Number of Interception Return TDs 1-10 6 points each Test Interceptions Caught 1-99 2 points each Test Number of Blocked Field Goal TDs 1-10 6 points each Test Number of Missed Field Goal Return TDs 1-10 6 points each Test Number of Blocked Punt TDs 1-10 6 points each Test Sacked a QB 0-99 1 point each Test Safeties 1-10 2 points each Test Total Points Allowed 0-0 5 Test Total Points Allowed 1-5 2 Test Total Points Allowed 6-10 1 Test Total Points Allowed 11-99 0 Test

Jeff, 4 pts per pass TD, cross off QB until Round 6, what are you looking for as an answer?You don't want a RB? I would just drive the stake in the ground and grab a top 5 RB...come back in the 2nd and 3rd, grab 2 stud WRs, 4th/5th you got options, if there is value at any position you can jump on it. Round 6/7 grab a nice combo at QB. Is there special nuances to the league we would not understand in the FBG? You can't take Brady/Rogers there with only 4 its per pass TD IMHO...You might want to take Calvin Johnson and then grab a couple of RBs on the 2/3 turn that have fallen way too far but are slowly starting to creep back up, then go WR/WR on the 4/5 turn, QB/TE 6/7.
Yes I wanted a RB.Had them ranked Rice/McCoy/FosterTake a stud RB early in PPR then get WR/RB/TE values for next several rounds. Yes, QB can slide. Hoping 1.01 or 1.02 reach for a QB so I can wait an extra round to take one (since they'd already have one).

I play in a 4pt/passing TD league and I don't see why taking Brady at 5 or Rodgers at 9 is a problem. Given the depth at receiver this year isn't Calvin at 4 the reach?

Also, thanks for posting this. The comments you and your peers are putting the margins area are very helpful. Usually when I see these expert mocks they're in a magazine and months old so it's great to have it fresh.

4 pts for a passing TD in a best ball league.... hard to justify QB early...

Took Gronk in Rd 2 - hard to pass on that for value.

Probably going WR at 3.03.

4 pts for a passing TD in a best ball league.... hard to justify QB early...Took Gronk in Rd 2 - hard to pass on that for value.Probably going WR at 3.03.
I like your style.Thoughts on pairing Murray with Mathews?Turns out the 3 seat is a pretty good seat. Go figure lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
4 pts for a passing TD in a best ball league.... hard to justify QB early...Took Gronk in Rd 2 - hard to pass on that for value.Probably going WR at 3.03.
I like your style.Thoughts on pairing Murray with Mathews?Turns out the 3 seat is a pretty good seat. Go figure lol.
:thumbup:Murray's a risk - he hasn't proven to be able to stay healthy. Missed the OAK/DAL game the other night but didn't hear if he did much. I've read Murray is the main man in Dallas but I have questions if he'll be able to stay healthy all year, so coupling that with Mathews is two risks early in the draft. That said, if both are healthy you're set and strong - but I might go in a different direction to have one more stable RB - but in Rds 2 and 3 that's tough right now. Great upside but low floor on Murray and you'll likely miss 1-3 weeks with Mathews.

1.03 Shady McCoy (7)

2.10 Rob Gronkowski (11)

3.03 Greg Jennings (10)

RB/TE/WR start allows for great versatility going forward. Really like this start.

Thinking either RB/WR or WR/WR at next turn. Given best ball, if a strong RB2 candidate is there at 4.10 you have to take him and go WR3BC.

1.03 Shady McCoy (7)2.10 Rob Gronkowski (11)3.03 Greg Jennings (10)RB/TE/WR start allows for great versatility going forward. Really like this start.Thinking either RB/WR or WR/WR at next turn. Given best ball, if a strong RB2 candidate is there at 4.10 you have to take him and go WR3BC.
Why Jennings over Roddy? Not a bashing...just askin

1.03 Shady McCoy (7)

2.10 Rob Gronkowski (11)

3.03 Greg Jennings (10)

RB/TE/WR start allows for great versatility going forward. Really like this start.

Thinking either RB/WR or WR/WR at next turn. Given best ball, if a strong RB2 candidate is there at 4.10 you have to take him and go WR3BC.
Good call. The depth at WR makes this a great way to go IMO.

1.03 Shady McCoy (7)2.10 Rob Gronkowski (11)3.03 Greg Jennings (10)RB/TE/WR start allows for great versatility going forward. Really like this start.Thinking either RB/WR or WR/WR at next turn. Given best ball, if a strong RB2 candidate is there at 4.10 you have to take him and go WR3BC.
Because Julio Jones is now the WR1 in Atlanta by a wide margin, and I see Jennings getting more TDs (which is more important in a best ball league).I see more bigger weeks for Jennings in this format, while I see more 5-7 catch, 75-100 yard games for White. I see Jennings getting several 100+ yard games and 8-11 TDs, while White may have similar catches but fewer YPC and TDs.

Because Julio Jones is now the WR1 in Atlanta by a wide margin, and I see Jennings getting more TDs (which is more important in a best ball league).I see more bigger weeks for Jennings in this format, while I see more 5-7 catch, 75-100 yard games for White. I see Jennings getting several 100+ yard games and 8-11 TDs, while White may have similar catches but fewer YPC and TDs.
I would still rank White over Jennings - the same argument can be made about Nelson-Jennings. I have seen Nelson ranked higher.

QBs are dropping and this is why I don't like taking a QB early.

QB and TE you are going to take 1 in the 1st 8 rounds. If you take a QB/TE early and someone presents good value in the 3rd or 4th you need to pass on him.

I take it you're not worried at all about the concussion thing going on with Jennings currently?

'Kuz said:
'Jeff Pasquino said:
'TheWick said:
'Jeff Pasquino said:
I take it you're not worried at all about the concussion thing going on with Jennings currently?
No, not at all. In fact, him resting now prevents any other chances of injuries

'Kuz said:
'Jeff Pasquino said:
'TheWick said:
'Jeff Pasquino said:
This screams reggie bush, right? Any other opinions? About to enjoy dinner but thought Io would ask the pool....

'Kuz said:
'Jeff Pasquino said:
'TheWick said:
'Jeff Pasquino said:
This screams reggie bush, right? Any other opinions? About to enjoy dinner but thought Io would ask the pool....
I like it..

I like the pick. With the PPR stats, I certainly believe Bush will have a ton of value this year in MIA and could be the leading receiver.

FFToday goes Calvin, Andre Johnson, Roddy and now Demaryius Thomas? :confused:

At least some semblance of "normal" would be nice. I understand the urge to see what happens "if," and WR-WR-WR is cool to watch, but 4

Jeff, I love the McCoy and Gronk picks but I'm more lukewarm on Jennings. Good start though.

I really like Reggie this year in PPR, great value for his production. I agree with the post above, I'm steering clear of Jennings this year. Concussions that won't go away, always seem rear their ugly heads more then once. Good start, I'm curious to see how this pans out.

I'm thinking both these teams after you will take a QB, so if you want 1 of Matt Ryan or Eli Manning, I would pull the trigger here.

ETA:If there is 3 guys you like i.e P. Manning in that tier, then wait till next round.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking both these teams after you will take a QB, so if you want 1 of Matt Ryan or Eli Manning, I would pull the trigger here.
Not in a best ball, 4pt / pass TD league.Has to be RB or WR I think.
That's right. Personally I'd go Wells and look for Reggie Wayne on the way back. Don't like Stewart as much. D. Brown would be the other RB I would look at.

Users who are viewing this thread