What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sneaky,Tasty, Juicy, Salty week 1 starts (1 Viewer)

rickyg

Footballguy
this topic isn't to discuss the obvious starts (studs who you start regardless of matchup).

This is about the guys who make for an intriguing play based on matchup.

Id love to hear who you got!

Here's one:

Owen Daniels vs. Balt. Wasn't Baltimore horrible vs the TE last season? Have they fixed that problem?

Manning loves throwing to the TE, Kubal system favors the x wr and the TE. And Daniels represents that sure handed reliable receiver that manning likes to throw to.

50 yards and a td.

Who ya got?

Last edited by a moderator:
With half my team suspended or hurt, I am counting on Bryce Brown. If I had Jonas Gray I'd start him against a Steelers D who may give up 50 on Thursday. In fact, start every Patriot you own, I'd say.

Woodhead versus Detroit.

Could see this being a higher scoring affair than predicted and hopeful that Woodhead gets a lot of touches.

4 for 40 rushing

8 for 65 receiving and a TD

Woodhead versus Detroit.

Could see this being a higher scoring affair than predicted and hopeful that Woodhead gets a lot of touches.

4 for 40 rushing

You're predicting 25 points from Woody? That is a bold prediction.

I'll add that if you're thin at RB, Jonas could be your whale in Week 1.

Woodhead versus Detroit.

4 for 40 rushing

You're predicting 25 points from Woody? That is a bold prediction.

I'll add that if you're thin at RB, Jonas could be your whale in Week 1.
I'm a bold dude, but not bold enough to play PPR, so I'm predicting 16.5 points.

Ty Montgomery - GB - WR

With the Jordy injury, everyone ran to Jeff Janis as the third option, but it looks like Montgomery gets a chance to shoulder that role initially. I'm not totally buying Cobb as healed and think Montgomery is the sneaky play this week for GB.

I was hoping the term 'sneaky' would have died in 2014. No suck luck.

How about DWill against a NE D that can't stop the run?

Is Marcus Wheaton a "sneaky" play? I've got him in one league and totally forgot about him until this morning. I'd love to get him in for the Thursday night circus against the Pats, but I'd have to bench Jarvis Landry...

I think I'm gonna do it.

pecorino said:
With half my team suspended or hurt, I am counting on Bryce Brown. If I had Jonas Gray I'd start him against a Steelers D who may give up 50 on Thursday. In fact, start every Patriot you own, I'd say.
Agreed on Jonas gray. Playing to make a point too. Might be his only chance to shine this year and to redeem himself from his antics last season that relegated him to bench duty.

Air Stich said:
Is Marcus Wheaton a "sneaky" play? I've got him in one league and totally forgot about him until this morning. I'd love to get him in for the Thursday night circus against the Pats, but I'd have to bench Jarvis Landry...

I think I'm gonna do it.
I think Landry is the better player. But Wheaton is on the more potent offense. And frankly, once Bryant comes off suspension Wheaton might become unstartable. Smoke if you got me I guess.

Air Stich said:

I think I'm gonna do it.
No. A starting WR on one of the best passing teams in the league is not sneaky. If you said Coates, I would have agreed. They cut everyone who was in front of him but DHB...

Not sure its sneaky, but I this guy is kind of underrated right now. Kendell wright vs. TB. He seems to be MM's favorite target. Should get plenty of targets.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Tre Mason can't go, I really like Benny Cunningham as a minimum salary back in DFS. He has a tough matchup vs. Seattle, but would get all the work he could handle, including passing downs.

Don't WAIT for David Johnson to be the main RB in Zona. Against a very offensive Saints defense he'll SNEAK in 2 TD's this week and pick up some to a lot of fourth quarter touches as The Cards sit on a multiple TD lead late in the game.

pecorino said:
Agreed on Jonas gray. Playing to make a point too. Might be his only chance to shine this year and to redeem himself from his antics last season that relegated him to bench duty.
I am going to vote a great big NO on this one.

VikingFrog said:
Woodhead versus Detroit.

4 for 40 rushing

Came in here to post the same thing. Woody should really shine this week because it'll be a high scoring game and there should be a lot of quick passes and draw plays featuring Woodhead on 3rd down.

I think your estimate is very possible.

I'm riding the Woodhead express while L. Bell and Spiller are in the shop.

pecorino said:
Guess you read what I just read: Gray may be cut today. Who's carrying the ball for NE in week 1, Bolden?

pecorino said:
Guess you read what I just read: Gray may be cut today. Who's carrying the ball for NE in week 1, Bolden?
Gray definitely cut. Probably Bolden for Week 1, but I think this may be a week where the Pats just air it out and use some dink and dunk routes to serve as their running game. Brady with a 400/4 first week.

If Tre Mason can't go, I really like Benny Cunningham as a minimum salary back in DFS. He has a tough matchup vs. Seattle, but would get all the work he could handle, including passing downs.
While Cunningham is a cheap play in DFS, I still don't see him as a value play as his ceiling still isn't very high and his floor is very low. Think there are better cheap plays out there.

NajehHejan said:
Eddie Royal vs Packers. Should be a shoutout. Alshon iffy to play or could be limited/gimpy.
i think you mean shutout

packers dst will $$$

pecorino said:
Ok now you guys seriously have me thinking about starting Gray in week 1

I am the only idiot in my league will to touch NE RB's so I drafted both Gray and Blount

pecorino said:
Ok now you guys seriously have me thinking about starting Gray in week 1

I am the only idiot in my league will to touch NE RB's so I drafted both Gray and Blount
Soooooooo I read down a bit further in the thread and see that Gray has been cut

Therefore I won't consider starting him this week I am however still an idiot

Deangelo Williams. Bell is suspended, Wilfork gone from NE. Should be a lot of scoring

Wheaton, WR PIT. Bryant is suspended, NE has some defensive holes.

Crockett Gillmore, TE Ravens. Only TE on team that's been practicing and Dens OLBs love to blitz, could get burnt.

Richard Rogers, TE GB. Playing the Bears and not many receiving options for Rodgers currently.

Alfred Blue. Foster is hurt.

Eddie Royal. Jeffery banged up and smith out against what might be a shootout.

Reuben Randle WR. Cowboys lost Scandrick and Randle looks to be the benefitiary.

pecorino said:
U would lose

WR - Steve Smith Sr. (all year)

WR - Stevie Johnson

Interesting to think that david Johnson is a good play this week, You like him better than Ellington this week?

Steve Smith , Sr....I agree, should be very solid, at least until he pulls a second half of season disappearing act. Just not sure I'd use him week 1 vs. Talib, et al.

Air Stich said:

I think I'm gonna do it.
You'd be an idiot to bench Jarvis Landry vs. the Redskins secondary, I think. Or really most weeks unless you have 2-3 better options.

Users who are viewing this thread