What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SNF Game Packers vs. Vikings (1 Viewer)

Hyperbole from Rotoworld in September: "Bailey is quite literally one of the best kickers in NFL history, boasting the second-best conversion rate (88.2) of all time. He did that in Dallas' dome and will be remaining indoors in Minnesota. The upgrade from rookie Daniel Carlson is impossibly large for a team with championship aspirations." 
I mean... is it a lie? One of the best kickers by percentage in history in Dallas. I don't know if it's kicking in the elements (which he didn't have a problem with before), but he's in a rut. To be fair, those were two very deep kicks he missed and one was a poor hold.

Last edited by a moderator:
From a management perspective I don't think it was a smart move for Spielman to try to go with a rookie kicker when the team has playoff aspirations.

They clearly did not like Forbath for some reason, but he mostly just missed extra points not field goals.

Carlson was a failure (although he has new life with the Raiders) and thus why they ended up with Dan Bailey.

The defense forcing a 4th and inches.

Is that the worst series ever? run with jones, screen to jones, run with jones, run with jones, turn over on downs. It's like McCarthy got the wrong message from everyone telling him to use Jones more and now he's the entire offense

Is that the worst series ever? run with jones, screen to jones, run with jones, run with jones, turn over on downs. It's like McCarthy got the wrong message from everyone telling him to use Jones more and now he's the entire offense
Hard to see on TV but I wonder how many of Rodgers passing options the Viking D is taking away.  It’s like it’s either Jones or Adams past two series.

so stupid. QB sneak that, you moron, McCarthy.

Don't understand why you don't QB sneak.
Only reason McCarthy didn't call a quick handoff to Kuhn was because he's no longer on the team.

Same stupid play call into the heart of a stacked defensive line...just like the safety in LA.  Horrible.

At least he went for it on 4th down after not doing so multiple times in Vikings territory already.

Playoff caliber offense at home would have at least 24 points on the Packers right now. 

Not sure if the Vikings O is getting worse as the season goes on or it was just overhyped. 

They're trying to get him out in space more, it looks like any time that happens he's a threat to take it to the house. He's also run a few routes in the slot.
They were trying to get it to him again in the red zone but it was covered and Cousins ends up running instead.

Offense bogged down in the red zone.

The inside zone run is not working. The Vikings guards just are not good enough to run inside right now.

At least pass protection has been pretty good. Cousins takes a coverage sack on 3rd down, but protection was there. All the receivers were on the outside and covered. No receivers over the middle.

I hate the Packers' play calling and offensive scheme.

It's the worst in critical situations.  

3rd and 7 you're taking deep shots into double coverage...  

4th and inches you're running a play where you try to pound it behind the guard but there are more defenders than blockers in front on the line of scrimmage. 

Nice rush by Weatherly there.

The defensive linemen have been able to get to Rodgers. Last week Trubisky was faster and they could not catch him.

Holy #### Cook laid the BOOM.

EDIT: Oh boy Brice had his head down on the tackle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Playoff caliber offense at home would have at least 24 points on the Packers right now. 

Not sure if the Vikings O is getting worse as the season goes on or it was just overhyped. 
Missed on 2 third and ones and missed two field goals. 

Lol “looks like a different team this week” uh really? I wonder if’s cause your playing a team with about half it’s starting D out and your at home.  

Managing the clock in general they are just as bad.  

Mccarthy is basically awful at all in game decision making.  His decisions always seem to be the least optimal for his win probability.
At some point the qb needs to be responsible too...should never happen with a delay of game with a while of Rodgers caliber.

Chargers at Pittsburgh next Sunday night, looking forward to a fun game and another fun Steelers game thread. 

Users who are viewing this thread