What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

So hungover this morning I accidently wore two different shoes (2 Viewers)

You cant medicate a personality disorder, unfortunately. Antidepressants or mood stabilizers will help with symptoms, but only behavioral therapy has a chance to effect any real change. And to do that, one has to be willing to actually go to therapy. So says an armchair shrink.

i hate to see another living being in pain. But, if someone is intent on self-flagellation, im not going to forcefully intervene. And im not going to hold their hand either and tell them it's ok while they cry that the pain is unbearable, but they keep whipping themselves. Put down your implemenets of self-torture first, then if you want help- ill gladly help you take the steps to healing. White-knighting for someone who is taking zero responsibility and is the root cause of all of their own problems speaks of co-dependency issues, to me. But, have at it.
Now that I am aware of my condition I may have begun taking some strides to correct my behavior.

Turning away from a person that was driving me crazy was perhaps a step in the right direction. When I'm able to meet someone new I can monitor myself more closely.

Just had a great conversation with an attractive woman. Then she brought up Trump. I asked her not to discuss politics with me and just continue a friendly conversation. She insisted so I told her I'm a true patriot,a rebel I don't vote because we live in a fake democracy. She said to leave her alone because I don't do my " civic duty". I replied " if I don't like any politician I have a right not to vote for anyone and that is my version of voting". She went on and on and I told her she sounds like a fascist.

What kind of dating site is out there for people like me?

Ive been aware since day one of the truth behind Oklahoma City and 9/11.

Im very against our oligarchy in disguise of a democracy or republic ( just as it has been since the days of the Roman Empire and how it persists today).

Im aware of the dog and pony show ( the bread and circuses) that the rich feed to the ignorant. 

Im sympathetic to the downtrodden and as I get older more so for religious and ideological freedom.

I hold no allegiance to any party or person and I believe in true freedom and if necessary to spill my blood as a patriot for just the idea of freedom even if it's a pipe dream.

Who the hell do I talk to these days? I'm pretty much ok with claiming I'm apathetic about it but everyone is so politically charged that they think you are worse than a political enemy if you say " I don't want to discuss it " or " I don't care about politics".

How does one meet a woman that feels the same way? If you can't be defined how do you find others that aren't defined but still aware?

Last edited by a moderator:

Im very against our oligarchy in disguise of a democracy or republic ( just as it has been since the days of the Roman Empire and how it persists today).

Im aware of the dog and pony show ( the bread and circuses) that the rich feed to the ignorant. 

Im sympathetic to the downtrodden and as I get older more so for religious and ideological freedom.

I hold no allegiance to any party or person and I believe in true freedom and if necessary to spill my blood as a patriot for just the idea of freedom even if it's a pipe dream.

Who the hell do I talk to these days? I'm pretty much ok with claiming I'm apathetic about it but everyone is so politically charged that they think you are worse than a political enemy if you say " I don't want to discuss it " or " I don't care about politics".

How does one meet a woman that feels the same way? If you can't be defined how do you find others that aren't defined but still aware?
Honestly, you listen to her. Then you make your own informed decisions about to that which you've listened.

I think you're being difficult here. The vagaries of politics, if above even your intelligence, are above many. You seem to order a tallboy when you should just get a shot, frankly. 

But you're a good dude. It's a metaphor.   

Honestly, you listen to her. Then you make your own informed decisions about to that which you've listened.

I think you're being difficult here. The vagaries of politics, if above even your intelligence, are above many. You seem to order a tallboy when you should just get a shot, frankly. 

But you're a good dude. It's a metaphor.   
If they insist getting in to it what is one to do?

If they insist getting in to it what is one to do?
Then there are other fish in the sea, bro. 

Look, nobody is going to save you. We all have needs, but you don't seem like that you can handle somebody else before you can handle yourself. Just an opinion. Take it FWIW. 

Then there are other fish in the sea, bro. 

Look, nobody is going to save you. We all have needs, but you don't seem like that you can handle somebody else before you can handle yourself. Just an opinion. Take it FWIW. 
I don't need someone to save me. That's where I lose the " love yourself" theme. I know what I'm good at and I know what I'm bad at. I don't need to convince myself I'm perfect or deserve more because I already know my value and I'll always improve to some degree even if I take a few steps back.

My love is for something that should be loved. A kitten, a child, or a beautiful woman. A man is a nail. We can bend but we stay strong til the bitter end.

Love myself? I don't know what that means. If I didn't love myself or feel confident I can survive and take on the world I would have been dead long ago. I don't need to BS myself. I'm not perfect and never could be but when I meet a woman I love , several of which I've found and only a few appreciated, I love with all my heart.

Cant be a perfect man but you can try to be every day and that's all that matters. Nobody appreciates the effort they just want perfection right off the bat.

I don't need someone to save me. That's where I lose the " love yourself" theme. I know what I'm good at and I know what I'm bad at. I don't need to convince myself I'm perfect or deserve more because I already know my value and I'll always improve to some degree even if I take a few steps back.

My love is for something that should be loved. A kitten, a child, or a beautiful woman. A man is a nail. We can bend but we stay strong til the bitter end.

Love myself? I don't know what that means. If I didn't love myself or feel confident I can survive and take on the world I would have been dead long ago. I don't need to BS myself. I'm not perfect and never could be but when I meet a woman I love , several of which I've found and only a few appreciated, I love with all my heart.

Cant be a perfect man but you can try to be every day and that's all that matters. Nobody appreciates the effort they just want perfection right off the bat.
Yeah, no, you can't be. Just sounds like you need a program and structure. Like AA. But this is the last I do. I hope it works for you. I just got involved. My bad. 

Yeah, no, you can't be. Just sounds like you need a program and structure. Like AA. But this is the last I do. I hope it works for you. I just got involved. My bad. 
I can live healthy any time I want. I'm very close to doing it again. Addiction is not a condition for everyone. It's a means to an end.

Addiction doesn't exist for some people because they are always aware of it. 

I think there is a misinterpretation of anger and sadness. 

I am am very confident and think very much of myself but I'm very angry about the world of ignorance we are surrounded by. I know any day I want to I can draw or write something great, but who would listen? I still need to make a living if I'm going to put that much effort in. Does the world really deserve it?

I started my t shirt business because I was in love with a wonderful woman.

I know what love is and I know what it means to " love myself". I put in the work and I will eventually do it again. Not because it's easy for me but because it's challenging.

Many may say " you did it for her. Not because your heart was in it"

BS. I spent my entire life honing my skills. I didn't even do it to impress her. I did it because I wanted to make a little bit of money and give her a better life.

I don't need personal satisfaction for my talents. I despise praise. I hate anyone telling me I'm good at something. I don't do it for that. At the very least it's to make a decent living and if I were able to get rich from it I would give away every penny I don't need for something more important than t shirts or huge comical dongs.

The only think that matters is self respect. That's what it means to love yourself. Looking in the mirror every day and knowing you did all you could and the little extra you may get can go towards something much more important.

i don't need to tell myself " I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And goddonit people like me"

i say " I'm more than good enough. I'm more than smart enough. And if I do it I better help the world or I'm just another scumbag".

ill be damned if I'll be just another scumbag. Mark my words.

I'll get right on that. 
Don't.

Its all nonsense and in the past.

I have 3 days off this week because I requested them. Ive been saving up money and I can afford to adopt 2 kittens ( I want 2 so they can keep eachother company when I'm at work). I'm going to get them the high grade blue wilderness food and I'm going to keep packs of salmon filets in the fridge to poach for them as a treat . I'll ask the cooks at work to put aside the steak trimmings from the raw meat for me and poach those on occasion too. They are going to be very spoiled.

Most women don't care for politics or are angry esp now that we have this sexist. racist president who has put down women. So not a good topic to bring up to women off the bat. Talk about things other than religion and politics. Those 2 have always been the golden rule to not discuss when starting to date.

Don't.

Its all nonsense and in the past.

I have 3 days off this week because I requested them. Ive been saving up money and I can afford to adopt 2 kittens ( I want 2 so they can keep eachother company when I'm at work). I'm going to get them the high grade blue wilderness food and I'm going to keep packs of salmon filets in the fridge to poach for them as a treat . I'll ask the cooks at work to put aside the steak trimmings from the raw meat for me and poach those on occasion too. They are going to be very spoiled.
If you do this, make sure the 2 you get are bonded. It can be a nightmare if you try to put 2 together who don't know each other.. You also want the same sex so you don't have to worry about babies, or make sure they are spayed/neutered. I think it's a good idea for people who work to have a pair that like each other. They can keep each other company, play with each other..

Pets are great for people suffering MI. They give unconditional love. That's why there is support dogs not just for vets but for those suffering MI.

If you do this, make sure the 2 you get are bonded. It can be a nightmare if you try to put 2 together who don't know each other.. You also want the same sex so you don't have to worry about babies, or make sure they are spayed/neutered. I think it's a good idea for people who work to have a pair that like each other. They can keep each other company, play with each other..

Pets are great for people suffering MI. They give unconditional love. That's why there is support dogs not just for vets but for those suffering MI.
RnR - please take the bold seriously. 

Just had a great conversation with an attractive woman. Then she brought up Trump. I asked her not to discuss politics with me and just continue a friendly conversation. She insisted so I told her I'm a true patriot,a rebel I don't vote because we live in a fake democracy. She said to leave her alone because I don't do my " civic duty". I replied " if I don't like any politician I have a right not to vote for anyone and that is my version of voting". She went on and on and I told her she sounds like a fascist.

What kind of dating site is out there for people like me?
www.tinfoilhat.com , www.justbecauseimparanoiddoesntmeantheyarentouttogetme.com, www.nosmellycrotches.com, www.imnottheproblemyouare.com 

I just put this in my dating profiles under my " self summary"

As I get older I realize I'm the bad boy with a heart of gold. Strong and rebellious but melt for my love. I'm from NY. I've been in Dallas for a year. Yes I'm sarcastic and I sound like a character from The Sopranos but I'll make you laugh until you can't breath. I'm a marshmallow for all animals. One of my biggest hobbies is cooking, which I will do for you every day. I'm not perfect and I am not afraid to admit when I'm wrong and try to be s better man. Sometimes I do stupid things to get it out of my system . I play drums, I draw , I write. Inside I'm a pretty big nerd but I never give up the fight.

Is that any good?

I just put this in my dating profiles under my " self summary"

As I get older I realize I'm the bad boy with a heart of gold. Strong and rebellious but melt for my love. I'm from NY. I've been in Dallas for a year. Yes I'm sarcastic and I sound like a character from The Sopranos but I'll make you laugh until you can't breath. I'm a marshmallow for all animals. One of my biggest hobbies is cooking, which I will do for you every day. I'm not perfect and I am not afraid to admit when I'm wrong and try to be s better man. Sometimes I do stupid things to get it out of my system . I play drums, I draw , I write. Inside I'm a pretty big nerd but I never give up the fight.

Is that any good?
As long as you are attractive it doesn't matter what your profile says. 

I'd ditch the bit about cooking for her everyday, otherwise it looks like a good mix of bad boy with a sensitive streak, which would make my panties melt, if I wore panties. 

ETA: I see the cooking bit was addressed. 

Dallas is chock full of attractive women, homegrown and imported from all over the country. You are going to have a lot of fun. Just don't propose to the first girl you get in bed. 

As long as you are attractive it doesn't matter what your profile says. 

I'd ditch the bit about cooking for her everyday, otherwise it looks like a good mix of bad boy with a sensitive streak, which would make my panties melt, if I wore panties. 

ETA: I see the cooking bit was addressed. 

Dallas is chock full of attractive women, homegrown and imported from all over the country. You are going to have a lot of fun. Just don't propose to the first girl you get in bed. 
My photos aren't great and don't do me any justice. Several women I've met through dating sites told me I look a lot better in person, almost shockingly better. I've actually considered hiring a photographer for help because I can't take a decent selfie to save my life. I just can't fake a convincing smile.

As for DFW women, I've seen plenty in person that look good but on the dating sites it seems like 80%+ are much too over weight or looking for a Jesus freak. Often both.

Users who are viewing this thread