What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

So I bought into a "Craft" Beer n Wine store with a Drive-Thru (1 Viewer)

3 months for an IPA is not a drain pour...most people would be hard pressed to notice any difference. Fresh is better, 3 months is fine. Most breweries say their IPAs have a 5 month shelf life.
Hmmmm. I'd say inside of 30 days is the separator. yes, outside of that it's still good maybe up to 60 days. That's my limit.

@Ministry of Pain I have some questions about your ownership.

What percentage did you get? How are the returns so far? I get that you liked the store, but why did you want to get into retail?

I guess I'd just like some more unpacking of the business side of the equation, if you feel like sharing. Cool story, glad you're enjoying it to this point.

3 months for an IPA is not a drain pour...most people would be hard pressed to notice any difference. Fresh is better, 3 months is fine. Most breweries say their IPAs have a 5 month shelf life.
I agree ...and a lot of heavily dry hopped IPAs are better at 14 days then they are the day they were canned/kegged.

Most IPAs will start to show some early signs of oxidation after 3-4 months, depending largely on the malt bill. The majority of beer drinkers probably wouldn't notice but an everyday IPA drinker would.

We test ours weekly and the peak flavour usually lasts 6-8 weeks after canning for most IPAs but they're shelf safe for six months.

I agree ...and a lot of heavily dry hopped IPAs are better at 14 days then they are the day they were canned/kegged.

Most IPAs will start to show some early signs of oxidation after 3-4 months, depending largely on the malt bill. The majority of beer drinkers probably wouldn't notice but an everyday IPA drinker would.

We test ours weekly and the peak flavour usually lasts 6-8 weeks after canning for most IPAs but they're shelf safe for six months.
I bet most everyday ipa drinkers wouldn't notice either in a blind test.

Users who are viewing this thread