What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

So the Steelers got handed another Superbowl. (1 Viewer)

I do not have a dog in this fight but I find it funny that the Steeler fans are out in force wearing their blinders. The refs in this game was atrocious and if I was a Steeler fan I would be embarrassed at this point. As outlined in the above thread there were at least 5 calls at critical times of Steeler drives. The number of no calls on holds on AZ lineman got to be just lol funny. The "late hit" on Ben on one drive in the 2nd qt was pretty suspicious as well. Overall I wouldnt be running my mouth too much today if I was a fan.
I guess it's fortunate for us that's not the case.
I don't "run my mouth" anyway but I do have a big ### smile on my face
:confused:

I do not have a dog in this fight but I find it funny that the Steeler fans are out in force wearing their blinders. The refs in this game was atrocious and if I was a Steeler fan I would be embarrassed at this point. As outlined in the above thread there were at least 5 calls at critical times of Steeler drives. The number of no calls on holds on AZ lineman got to be just lol funny. The "late hit" on Ben on one drive in the 2nd qt was pretty suspicious as well. Overall I wouldnt be running my mouth too much today if I was a fan.
This statement is particulary interesting, since you could have called Gandy for holding on practically every Arizona offensive down.

This statement is particulary interesting, since you could have called Gandy for holding on practically every Arizona offensive down.
:confused: and please that was a fumble by warner at the end of the game. get over it. the arm wasn't coming forward. woodley forced it, the steelers recovered it.

The Ref's realized in the 3rd quarter that they were being way too obvious in handing the STEALers the game, and tried to make up for it by throwing some flags the other way...but the booth upstairs not calling for a review on the final play leaves no question about what was going on last night.

That dude needs to lay off the HGH/Roids. LOL, dude sucks for years and is all of a sudden the NFL's defensive MVP, and makes the team. At 30!?!?!?
Wow, the tool factor is at an all-time high in here with the Steelers bashers. Good stuff. Joe and David should do us all a favor and ban clowns like SR388. I almost made it through the thread and was planning to post a simple "Steelers are the champs, get over it" type post. I don't need to defend my Super Bowl champs to some trolls on the internet with no life. The whole world saw a classic, thrilling game that will go down in history as one of the best.But this comment about Harrison is out of line. You can't just flippantly accuse a guy of being on drugs. I've personally met the guy several times and he is class act. I once saw him stand outside at training camp in 100 degree signing autographs after practice for 2 hours. He is friendly, funny, and polite. He is a true rags to riches story of perseverence and hard work. No one outworks James Harrison. All season long he has been a dominant player. He would have had over 30 sacks if not for the cobra clutch by offensive linemen. If you were any kind of football fan, you would appreciate how great of a season he had.

So, lay off Harrison, scumbag.

The Ref's realized in the 3rd quarter that they were being way too obvious in handing the STEALers the game, and tried to make up for it by throwing some flags the other way...but the booth upstairs not calling for a review on the final play leaves no question about what was going on last night.
:( is for losers. Next.

That dude needs to lay off the HGH/Roids. LOL, dude sucks for years and is all of a sudden the NFL's defensive MVP, and makes the team. At 30!?!?!?
Wow, the tool factor is at an all-time high in here with the Steelers bashers. Good stuff. Joe and David should do us all a favor and ban clowns like SR388. I almost made it through the thread and was planning to post a simple "Steelers are the champs, get over it" type post. I don't need to defend my Super Bowl champs to some trolls on the internet with no life. The whole world saw a classic, thrilling game that will go down in history as one of the best.But this comment about Harrison is out of line. You can't just flippantly accuse a guy of being on drugs. I've personally met the guy several times and he is class act. I once saw him stand outside at training camp in 100 degree signing autographs after practice for 2 hours. He is friendly, funny, and polite. He is a true rags to riches story of perseverence and hard work. No one outworks James Harrison. All season long he has been a dominant player. He would have had over 30 sacks if not for the cobra clutch by offensive linemen. If you were any kind of football fan, you would appreciate how great of a season he had.

:(

1 - It looked to me like the Steelers got the lion's share of the favourable calls in what was certainly a poorly officiated game. By maybe 60/40.

2 - On the other hand, the Cardinals got the benefit of the single biggest, most potentially game changing bad call in the game. The atrocious 4th quarter end zone holding call on the Steeler center, that negated what would likely have been a game-ending first down completion to the 20, and resulted in a quick nine point swing.

3 - Ben and Polamalu both look really fat.
OK, being serious for a few.... how is that not a hold? You can't just grab a defender and pull him on top of you. I'm sure his intention was to make it look like he got rolled by the defender, but it was obvious he pulled him on top of him. Besides, if you watch the replay closely, you see him look at the camera and wink.
I thought the opposite was obvious. The defender's line took him straight over the center. The hands didn't even seem to come into play until they were on their way to the turf.I think at best that's a ticky-tack "letter of the law" penalty of the kind you can only call in that position if you've been calling the holds REAL tight all game long. Which they clearly weren't because that AZ left tackle held his guy every play all game long.

It looked to me like it was clearly a case of the refs attempting to make a call that would prolong the drama and make the game "better" for the fans. I wouldn't doubt that they're instructed to do just that, without regard to which team they're helping out.
Not a penalty? That was one of the most obvious calls in the whole game.

LOL, it only took a few minutes for two toolbags to post :moneybag: because they have nothing to say. That's the worst schtick on this board. Losers.

1 - It looked to me like the Steelers got the lion's share of the favourable calls in what was certainly a poorly officiated game. By maybe 60/40.

2 - On the other hand, the Cardinals got the benefit of the single biggest, most potentially game changing bad call in the game. The atrocious 4th quarter end zone holding call on the Steeler center, that negated what would likely have been a game-ending first down completion to the 20, and resulted in a quick nine point swing.

3 - Ben and Polamalu both look really fat.
OK, being serious for a few.... how is that not a hold? You can't just grab a defender and pull him on top of you. I'm sure his intention was to make it look like he got rolled by the defender, but it was obvious he pulled him on top of him. Besides, if you watch the replay closely, you see him look at the camera and wink.
I thought the opposite was obvious. The defender's line took him straight over the center. The hands didn't even seem to come into play until they were on their way to the turf.I think at best that's a ticky-tack "letter of the law" penalty of the kind you can only call in that position if you've been calling the holds REAL tight all game long. Which they clearly weren't because that AZ left tackle held his guy every play all game long.

It looked to me like it was clearly a case of the refs attempting to make a call that would prolong the drama and make the game "better" for the fans. I wouldn't doubt that they're instructed to do just that, without regard to which team they're helping out.
Not a penalty? That was one of the most obvious calls in the whole game.
They probably could have called holding on two other guys on that play

The whole world saw a classic, thrilling game that will go down in history as one of the best.
:moneybag: Not even close. The only thing exciting about this game was when the refs decided to let the Cardinals play in the 4th quarter. Other than that it was a horribly officiated game. I ask myself why i watch this stuff anymore because it seems the refs always have a factor in deciding the big games.Btw, Harrison is nothing but a thug. Plain and simple.

Sad thing is, this thread and every other like it could have been predicted two weeks ago.

Regardless of the winner of the game.

People are people and fans are fans. Both teams have ignorant trolls in their fanbase and those folks start threads like this.

I've personally met the guy several times and he is class act. So, lay off Harrison, scumbag.
Was definitely classing up when he was punching the Cardinal on the ground during that punt play. :)He's a punk.
Again, can a Steeler fan give me a legit reason he wasnt thrown out? I mean the ref obviously saw it.
I think he was kept in because ceisenhower66 met him one time, and he was smiling and such.

I've personally met the guy several times and he is class act. So, lay off Harrison, scumbag.
Was definitely classing up when he was punching the Cardinal on the ground during that punt play. :)He's a punk.
Again, can a Steeler fan give me a legit reason he wasnt thrown out? I mean the ref obviously saw it.
I don't think it was a "punch" as in a closed-fisted punch. I think he was punching at him with an open hand like olinemen punch at dlinemen. Excessive and unnecessary, but hardly worth an ejection.

Was definitely classing up when he was punching the Cardinal on the ground during that punt play. :thumbup:He's a punk.
can you tell me why Wilson wasn't thrown out for bulldozing the holder?
Seriously? Okay dude i will try, first it was unintentional and secondly Wilson didnt continue to hit him when he was down. If that is the best you guys can come up with then God Bless You and your 2nd tainted SB.

I've personally met the guy several times and he is class act.

Was definitely classing up when he was punching the Cardinal on the ground during that punt play. :thumbup: He's a punk.
I don't think it was a "punch" as in a closed-fisted punch. I think he was punching at him with an open hand like olinemen punch at dlinemen. Excessive and unnecessary, but hardly worth an ejection.
:lmao: Oh right - that kind of punch, the kind that makes it okay to punch a guy who is on the ground at your feet.

Was definitely classing up when he was punching the Cardinal on the ground during that punt play. :thumbup: He's a punk.
:lmao: Oh right - that kind of punch, the kind that makes it okay to punch a guy who is on the ground at your feet.
Did I say it was OK? I said it was excessive and unnecessary. It deserved the penalty flag. But I've seen guys do a lot worse and not get ejected.

Was definitely classing up when he was punching the Cardinal on the ground during that punt play. :thumbup:He's a punk.
can you tell me why Wilson wasn't thrown out for bulldozing the holder?
Seriously? Okay dude i will try, first it was unintentional and secondly Wilson didnt continue to hit him when he was down. If that is the best you guys can come up with then God Bless You and your 2nd tainted SB.
I'm just trying to join some of you guys in the fishing. Seems like fun.

This is dumb.

Steeler fans shouldn't dignify this thread with responses. Enjoy the win and ignore these petty threads.

Did I say it was OK? I said it was excessive and unnecessary. It deserved the penalty flag. But I've seen guys do a lot worse and not get ejected.
Care to elaborate on the worse things you've seen?

Stuff done by teams not named the Stealers, I'm guessing.

Sapps hit on Clifton

first access i have had to a computer since yesterday before the game. I knew there would be threads like this where whiny cardinal fans and steeler haters were crying.

I am not a fan of either team, just wanted to see a great Super Bowl and I got one.

I was mad that they didnt call for a review, i was mad that they didnt call a penalty on Holmes celebration. I was mad because i knew some whiny fans would turn those two things into a reason that the Steelers were handed the game.

Wake up guys. Your argument for this game is that a play where Warner fumbled because defenders were all over him and he wasnt able to run a hail mary play was actually an incomplete pass and that they would have surely scored when given another chance to run the same play and they certainly would have kept Warner safe this time?

Sapps hit on Clifton
Yep, that was excessive and unnecessary, but not worth an ejection. Sapp didn't punch the guy in the face when he was on the ground though.

WWE meets NFL. It was embarassing. My 7 yr. old daughter, who was rooting for PIT. all game. changed her mind after the play because "when a guy is down and giving up you shouldn't punch him. He doesn't dererve to win" Ahhh, from the mouth of babes.

Sapps hit on Clifton
Yep, that was excessive and unnecessary, but not worth an ejection. Sapp didn't punch the guy in the face when he was on the ground though.
neither did Harrison.

first access i have had to a computer since yesterday before the game. I knew there would be threads like this where whiny cardinal fans and steeler haters were crying. I am not a fan of either team, just wanted to see a great Super Bowl and I got one.I was mad that they didnt call for a review, i was mad that they didnt call a penalty on Holmes celebration. I was mad because i knew some whiny fans would turn those two things into a reason that the Steelers were handed the game.Wake up guys. Your argument for this game is that a play where Warner fumbled because defenders were all over him and he wasnt able to run a hail mary play was actually an incomplete pass and that they would have surely scored when given another chance to run the same play and they certainly would have kept Warner safe this time?
In all fairness, the one's doing the whining (and fishing) aren't Cards fans.

:popcorn: Oh right - that kind of punch, the kind that makes it okay to punch a guy who is on the ground at your feet.
Sapps hit on Clifton
neither did Harrison.
Yeah, punching a guy while he is down doesn't warrant an ejection. :confused:

:goodposting: Thank you so much. You have the best response yet. BTW, Demarcus Ware had a better season. More sacks, same amount of forced fumbles. And he isn't on roids/HGH just to make the roster cut.

The in the grasp rule is still there. Everything else you said is right on.
Technically, yes it is, but not in the way that you used it.The in the grasp rule was changed years ago. It used to be that as soon as a defender had "control" of the QB, he could be ruled "in the grasp." That has since been changed that a defender has to be in "control" of the QB, with another defender bearing down on him. Only then can he be ruled "in the grasp." In reality, it's not a whole lot different from the "forward progress" rule.

Yeah, punching a guy while he is down doesn't warrant an ejection. :lol:
you said "Sapp didn't punch the guy in the face". I said "neither did Harrison". :rolleyes:
My bad, thought he got him in the face. It was in the back and just under the helmet. He even got a 3rd shot in and a shove at the end. Classy guy that Harrison is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIF_ucHzbIk
Ouch, that one is going to stink a little.How can any steeler fan watch that and argue that he shouldnt have been thrown out? Friggin low ridiculous and low class.

you said "Sapp didn't punch the guy in the face". I said "neither did Harrison". :rolleyes:
My bad, thought he got him in the face. It was in the back and just under the helmet. He even got a 3rd shot in and a shove at the end. Classy guy that Harrison is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIF_ucHzbIk
Each was an open handed push. Not a punch. He got called for and deserved an unnecessary roughness penalty.

Was definitely classing up when he was punching the Cardinal on the ground during that punt play. :lol:He's a punk.
Not a Steelers fan, but I can.He wasn't thrown out, because what he did didn't warrant it. Unnecessary roughness is a 15 yard penalty, not expulsion from the game, unless it is WAY over the line.The man Harrison was supposed to block went down to the ground. He laid on him (THATS WHAT YOU ARE TAUGHT TO DO!)The penalty came when he gave him several unnecessary shots while he was on the ground, and then knocked him over as he was trying to get up at the end of the play. HE DIDN'T PUNCH HIM IN THE HEAD, as someone posted earlier. Both the shots he gave him while on the ground AND the shot when the Cardinal was getting up were to the chest/upper body. It was dirty an unnecessary, but not a whole lot worse than a late hit on a guy out of bounds, or the stuff that goes on at the bottom of the pile.

Each was an open handed push. Not a punch. He got called for and deserved an unnecessary roughness penalty.
ROID RAGE

ROID RAGE
:goodposting: you're really enjoying this, aren't you?

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:

Seriously though, Harrison appeared upset that dude went low on him and he was going to make him pay. The Cardinal player should be ashamed of himself for getting punked like that. He was obviously intimidated by Harrison.

Yeah, punching a guy while he is down doesn't warrant an ejection. :goodposting:
ROID RAGE
:lmao: you're really enjoying this, aren't you?
:yes: I'm just messing around. I do think the final play should have been reviewed. IMO it wasn't a fumble. I actually think the first fumble could have went either way as well. In fact i was sorta shocked it was overturned, only because I have seen the refs call that a fumble in other games.

The refs screwed up a lot, but as I have said a few times during my prodding, I don't blame the Steelers. They played a good game and were deserving of the win.

but it is fun seeing these guys get so flustered defending their team, that doesn't need defending.

first access i have had to a computer since yesterday before the game. I knew there would be threads like this where whiny cardinal fans and steeler haters were crying. I am not a fan of either team, just wanted to see a great Super Bowl and I got one.I was mad that they didnt call for a review, i was mad that they didnt call a penalty on Holmes celebration. I was mad because i knew some whiny fans would turn those two things into a reason that the Steelers were handed the game.Wake up guys. Your argument for this game is that a play where Warner fumbled because defenders were all over him and he wasnt able to run a hail mary play was actually an incomplete pass and that they would have surely scored when given another chance to run the same play and they certainly would have kept Warner safe this time?
In all fairness, the one's doing the whining (and fishing) aren't Cards fans.
Yeah, I think most of them are bitter Seahawks and Browns fans who just can't get over their hatred of the Steelers. :goodposting:

:goodposting: Seriously though, Harrison appeared upset that dude went low on him and he was going to make him pay. The Cardinal player should be ashamed of himself for getting punked like that. He was obviously intimidated by Harrison.
you know, I hadn't even thought about that until I saw the comments on the youtube clip duece posted. Then I went back to my HD recording. Francisco went right at Harrisons knees. It could be like you said that he lost his cool because of it.

i know it sounds stupid, but i was thinking fitz should have downed it on the 1 yard line kinda like brian westbrook(which killed many fantasy dreams) did to kill time...im sure the cards could have punched it in and killed a lot of time
I had the same thought. Of course, if the Cards offense had botched it and not scored the TD, then Fitz would've gone down as one of the all time superbowl goats.Bottom line is the Cards defense had held the Steelers offense to 13 points all game and they should have been able to prevent the Steelers from scoring on that last drive.

Users who are viewing this thread