What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

southern border invasion (1 Viewer)

Illegal immigrant caught dealing drugs. Hey, let's release him. Illegal immigrant continues to deal drugs, 18 year old girl dies as a result. 

It's funny, back before trump, stories of mules were super common. Even NPR ran a story about illegals carrying backpacks full of drugs across the border in exchange for transport to the border. 

Weird we don't see those anymore? 

It's funny, back before trump, stories of mules were super common. Even NPR ran a story about illegals carrying backpacks full of drugs across the border in exchange for transport to the border. 

Weird we don't see those anymore? 
Perhaps because those stories were always extremely sensational. Again, drug mules represent a tiny tiny minority of those crossing the border. 

In just one county in arizona...

2018 — deputies made 30 fentanyl seizures.
2019 — the number rose to 677
2020 — it jumped to more than 200,000
And this year so far (April), there more than 90,000 seizures — addictive drugs that are making their way into Arizona communities.

ETA: and this is just what they caught!!! 

Last edited by a moderator:

And this year so far (April), there more than 90,000 seizures — addictive drugs that are making their way into Arizona communities.
Very depressing news. 
But it has far more to do with demand increasing than it does with poor desperate people trying to find a new life here. 

How many overdoses likely occurred just from the drugs brought across in Pinal county? How many Americans died? 
So you’re saying the responsibility doesn’t lie with the drug user. It’s the person who moved the drugs fault.  Interesting position.  

Officer it’s not my fault I robbed the bank. It’s the armored car drivers fault. You know he was illegal an alien right?     

So you’re saying the responsibility doesn’t lie with the drug user. It’s the person who moved the drugs fault.  Interesting position.  

Officer it’s not my fault I robbed the bank. It’s the armored car drivers fault. You know he was illegal an alien right?     
You know that what is causing a massive amount of deaths is because the drugs are cut right? 

"Sorry your kid died because the baby formula was contaminated. But hey, that's the risk you take with not breast feeding" is a much better analogy than what you just came up with. 

Never good to hear about my country being invaded, but I'm still pretty stoked for the GoodGuyWithAGun Cosplayer. 

Squeeze into that ****'s Sporting Goods camouflage,  grab your AR-15, swing by Circle K for one last 120 oz. MT Dew, and get down to the border. This is your time. Godspeed.

What is your suggestion to fix the problem? What happened from 2019 to 2020 that caused such a huge jump?

Kinda destroys the whole “open border” narrative

You know that what is causing a massive amount of deaths is because the drugs are cut right? 

"Sorry your kid died because the baby formula was contaminated. But hey, that's the risk you take with not breast feeding" is a much better analogy than what you just came up with. 
It’s not a better analogy, but that’s beside the point. 

The person choosing to use the drugs is the responsibility holder. They made a choice they deal with the consequences.  The other side of the equation is a ####### drug dealer, literally the text book definition of someone who doesn’t give a #### about you.  But no, let’s not blame the person choosing to use drugs, let’s not blame the drug dealer making the drugs.  Let’s blame the person in the middle carrying the drugs.  Yep, sounds about right.  

And here I was thinking all this time conservatives were the party of personal responsibility.  

The person choosing to use the drugs is the responsibility holder. They made a choice they deal with the consequences.  The other side of the equation is a ####### drug dealer, literally the text book definition of someone who doesn’t give a #### about you.  But no, let’s not blame the person choosing to use drugs, let’s not blame the drug dealer making the drugs.  Let’s blame the person in the middle carrying the drugs.  Yep, sounds about right.  

And here I was thinking all this time conservatives were the party of personal responsibility.  
The person selling the drugs has a high likelihood of being an illegal immigrant as well. 

In fact sometimes they have been protected. 

I apologize because I must have missed it...where did the conservatives give a free pass to the dealers and users?

I apologize because I must have missed it...where did the conservatives give a free pass to the dealers and users?
When he as a conservative laid blame for overdosing and American deaths on immigration.  

* no I’m not saying he represents all conservatives, I was merely pointing out how imo his blame laying runs counter to a core conservative belief of personal responsibility.

The person selling the drugs has a high likelihood of being an illegal immigrant as well. 

In fact sometimes they have been protected. 
Where on the percentage scale of blame do these people end up.   Drug manufacturer, drug mule, drug seller and drug user.  

College kid studying for exams. Takes Adderall. A drug that is very unlikely to cause death. An illegal brought it across the border and an illegal sold it to her. 

She died because, surprise, it ain't Adderall. 

And we should only be upset about the kid taking the drug. That's it. Just them. 

When he as a conservative laid blame for overdosing and American deaths on immigration.  

* no I’m not saying he represents all conservatives, I was merely pointing out how imo his blame laying runs counter to a core conservative belief of personal responsibility.

I still don't understand it...what exactly did he say was wrong?  I would think there are many steps to the process and the one he pointed out was pertinent to this specific topic...I would think all involved would share personal responsibility.

I still don't understand it...what exactly did he say was wrong?  I would think there are many steps to the process and the one he pointed out was pertinent to this specific topic...I would think all involved would share personal responsibility.
But that’s not what he’s saying.  Not yet at least. 

And if you mean by shared responsibility you mean one person holds 90% of the blame and another holds 3%.  Then yes I’d agree.  

But that’s not what he’s saying.  Not yet at least. 

And if you mean by shared responsibility you mean one person holds 90% of the blame and another holds 3%.  Then yes I’d agree.  

Still not sure what you are getting at...are you saying actually crossing the border illegally with Fentanyl which is killing American citizens is no big deal?

Still not sure what you are getting at...are you saying actually crossing the border illegally with Fentanyl which is killing American citizens is no big deal?
No what I’m saying is that’s not the reason for the deaths.  The drug user is.  And on the scale of who’s to blame the border crossers are at the very end with basically none.  So to blame overdosing and American deaths on illegal aliens crossing the board is ridiculous, it’s a fear mongering tactic.  

For the record, don’t confuse my argument here as arguing for open boarders, I’m not.  But the drug angle is ridiculous imo. 

No what I’m saying is that’s not the reason for the deaths.  The drug user is.  And on the scale of who’s to blame the border crossers are at the very end with basically none.  So to blame overdosing and American deaths on illegal aliens crossing the board is ridiculous it’s a fear mongering tactic.  

For the record, don’t confuse my argument here as arguing for open boarders, I’m not.  But the drug angle is ridiculous imo. 

So, are you saying no one is crossing the border illegally with fentanyl or if you are crossing the border illegally with Fentanyl you are doing nothing wrong?

Manchild shoots up a parade... Lack of gun control is a huge part of  the problem.

Employee does something really stupid at work and gets injured... Company is held at least partially at fault.

Drugs that are laced causing deaths flow across our border carried by individuals ... Seems reasonable to hold other parties partially responsible. Especially when they are sneaking across our border. And are not American citizens. And are obviously not very moral people(specifically the ones carrying drugs)

So, are you saying no one is crossing the border illegally with fentanyl or if you are crossing the border illegally with Fentanyl you are doing nothing wrong?
No. I’m responding to and discussing the blame, not the legality.  Catch and prosecute them all day long, I’m all for it, but they still aren’t to blame for the death. That goes almost exclusively to the user.  

No. I’m responding to and discussing the blame, not the legality.  Catch and prosecute them all day long, I’m all for it, but they still aren’t to blame for the death. That goes almost exclusively to the user.  

Fentanyl seems much different than something like weed...I think all parties involved with this drug are complicit including someone coming into our country illegally and then upon coming into the country illegally they help flood the streets with a drug that is killing people...they are not innocent cogs in the supply chain.

I get the pickle you have created for yourself here. You don't want to admit they share fault, because the obvious conclusion would be that we should stop them. 

But you don't want to say they aren't doing anything wrong, because of course that's insane.

Users who are viewing this thread