What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stafford (1 Viewer)

Clavin

Footballguy
I'm concerned about Matt Stafford. Last couple games he's looked a little lost out there.

It's not just the hurrying when he deson't have to or overthrowing people. That's bad enough. But he looks bewildered, and a little scared. His eyes don't have that "We'll get them next time look." I'm seeing the "What am I doing out here?" look.

Don't know where that's coming from but someone needs to get into his head. He's got too much talent.

I think this article does a really good job of summing up what we're seeing. The Lions are an incredibly talented passing team. But the presence of Jahvid Best in the backfield gives them another dimension that keeps opponents from teeing off.

That, and to a degree I think this is also a case of natural "market adjustment". Yes, the Lions were improved but they weren't 5-0 improved. I'd bet Stafford gets back on track against the Broncos, but Morris/Williams need 25+ combined carries. That's what will help Stafford get back on track.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this article does a really good job of summing up what we're seeing. The Lions are an incredibly talented passing team. But the presence of Jahvid Best in the backfield gives them another dimension that keeps opponents from teeing off.

That, and to a degree I think this is also a case of natural "market adjustment". Yes, the Lions were improved but they weren't 5-0 improved. I'd bet Stafford gets back on track against the Broncos, but Morris/Williams need 25+ combined carries. That's what will help Stafford get back on track.
Saddly, I'm thinkig they need to draft another RB. Who nows if Mikel will come back all the way, and the other guys just aren't great. We need a RB and a couple more road graders on the line.

His head is at getting the ball to Calvin Johnson! Pettigrew as well. Thought he would be using Burleson much more at this point in the season. If so, his numbers would be really incredible. He's young and defenses are adjusting to his tendencies. He's not mobile (9 rushing yds on the year) and the running game is average, which is causing some struggles. Lions are close to being an unbelievable offense and need to make a few adjustments. He should be very productive the rest of the year with high upside potential.

@Den

BYE

@Chi

Car

GB

@NO

Min

@Oak

SD

@GB

His head is at getting the ball to Calvin Johnson! Pettigrew as well. Thought he would be using Burleson much more at this point in the season. If so, his numbers would be really incredible. He's young and defenses are adjusting to his tendencies. He's not mobile (9 rushing yds on the year) and the running game is average, which is causing some struggles. Lions are close to being an unbelievable offense and need to make a few adjustments. He should be very productive the rest of the year with high upside potential. @DenBYE@ChiCarGB@NOMin@OakSD@GB
This schedule IMHO does not look very good AFTER THE BYE except for CAR......

His head is at getting the ball to Calvin Johnson! Pettigrew as well. Thought he would be using Burleson much more at this point in the season. If so, his numbers would be really incredible. He's young and defenses are adjusting to his tendencies. He's not mobile (9 rushing yds on the year) and the running game is average, which is causing some struggles. Lions are close to being an unbelievable offense and need to make a few adjustments. He should be very productive the rest of the year with high upside potential. @DenBYE@ChiCarGB@NOMin@OakSD@GB
This schedule IMHO does not look very good AFTER THE BYE except for CAR......
huh? Is this a bizarro post? Carolina is probably the "toughest" game left cuz their run defense is so poor. Chi, GB, NO are all HORRID defenses (passing in particular). OAK is among the worst. He already carved up Minny once this year. IMHO the only tough game is SD but that game can be a shootout.

Total passing YPG allowed ranks:

@Den- 19th

BYE

@Chi- 27th

Car- 12th

GB- 31st

@NO- 16th

Min- 29th

@Oak- 25th

SD- 3rd

@GB- 31st

Yeah real tough

Total passing YPG allowed ranks:mad:Den- 19thBYE@Chi- 27thCar- 12thGB- 31st@NO- 16thMin- 29th@Oak- 25thSD- 3rd@GB- 31stYeah real tough
Stafford has one of the best remaining schedules of any QB.. I also picked up Ponder as insurance, as Minny has a great SOS also. Let's see how he does in CAR this week..

I think losing Best is a huge blow to the offence. He helped keep heat off Stafford with a homerun threat on the screen pass and he could run the ball. It doesn't seem like he looks to his secondary WRs as much as he could right now, either.

:thumbup: to the Basement Jaxx subtitle

I think losing Best is a huge blow to the offence. He helped keep heat off Stafford with a homerun threat on the screen pass and he could run the ball. It doesn't seem like he looks to his secondary WRs as much as he could right now, either. :thumbup: to the Basement Jaxx subtitle
Actually, I think Best was more reputation than results. If he had been teamed with ML, then that would have been something. Saddly, I question whether his health will ever allow him to have a whole season. Another concussio or two and it will be time to shut it down for good. Too bad, like losing Billy Sims when he should have had more years.I agree, line needs to be fixed, but the yalso need anothr quality back. or maybe Harrison post surgery will bounce back. What they don;t need is another defensive lineman!

Titus Young looks great. :mellow:
So does Nick Fairley and LaShoure. Not getting much production from this draft. Young was doing OK but seemed to regress the last 2 weeks, he has been running the wrong routes and almost cause a INT for breaking off a route too early. Just not ready.

Users who are viewing this thread