What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Star Wars Universe (2 Viewers)

Mando = good, old fashioned Star Wars. Plenty for the adults but don't take it too seriously. It's made for kids, too. Sure there's intrigue but there's podracing and Jar Jar equivalents too.
Andor = SW for grown ups (like the movie it spun off of, Rogue One, but even moreso).
Nailed it. I would watch a thousand Andor/Rogue One shows/movies. Take all my money

Mando = good, old fashioned Star Wars. Plenty for the adults but don't take it too seriously. It's made for kids, too. Sure there's intrigue but there's podracing and Jar Jar equivalents too.
Andor = SW for grown ups (like the movie it spun off of, Rogue One, but even moreso).
The thing about Mando is if we were all kids when it came out we would think it was the greatest thing ever, like Return of the Jedi, a trash movie featuring teddy bears taking down the empire we grew to fear for two previous movies. But we are adults now so people have to engage their critical thinking skills and some don’t like it.

I am a simpleton and love it.

Ok, so I watched Andor again. I must say, I enjoyed it much more the 2nd time around. It's really good.

Never watched thru credits before to see the parts they assembled in prison being put into the death stars weapon.

I would say it equals Mando for me now......very different shows. Mando still has better Star Wars characters, but the rebellion storyline in Andor is pretty awesome. I think my favorite part is Marva's hologram at her funeral. Very powerful.

The first watch thru of Andor I got a little bored I think. Sometimes if there's too much dialogue I can drift off a bit, and lose interest. I was determined to stay focused this time, and it paid off.

Still enjoying S3 of Bad Batch, personally, but I didn't care for the end of Ep 11. It was probably inevitable and not unexpected, but it leaves a feeling of, "we're right back where we started."

The Elsbeth story line should be interesting. Is she completely unaware the Emperor whose empire she wants to perpetuate is the reason her people were slaughtered?

Star Wars: A New Hope at the "World Famous" Fargo Theater tonight! A pleasant surprise.

It's not the Safari Theater I grew up with and first saw it in theaters - but it's a more than worthy replacement.

Just finished re-watch of Book of Boba Fett. I really enjoyed it!
Cad Bane, Boba riding a Rangkor.....lots of Mando and Grogu, Peli, Cobb, Ahsoka, and Luke Skywalker. Good stuff!

Last edited:
My son got us tickets to see A New Hope on May 4th at a large auditorium and the music was provided by a live orchestra. It was fantastic and a great time if you ever get a chance to see it.
My wife sings with a symphony chorus. They did the LOTR movies this way and it was incredible. Chorus singing in elvish and orcish, percussion playing something called a "distressed piano" (I think they took the top off and beat the internals of a piano with chains), spectacular all around. About 50 seconds into this clip is my favorite choral part - of course it was more pronounced when the symphony and chorus were performing along with the movie:

I wish they had done the fights without whatever that fast frame or CGI camera work was. It was distracting and they could have just gone old school kung fu style and it would have been great.

I thought the second episode was better than the first. Didn’t care for the first episode much. Loooove the Sol character. I told my wife he reminds me of Qui-Gon and then reading on it after that’s exactly who the actor modeled him after.

Some of the cast looks like they should be on the CW but that’s fine. Hopefully it’s good. I’ll obviously watch the entire season.

Been reading lots of negative takes on the new series but fan fighting is always politically supercharged around Star Wars these days so hopefully that's it.

The lack of posting about the new show in this thread though is making me nervous. I'll give it a shot regardless, but I'm not super confident.

Been reading lots of negative takes on the new series but fan fighting is always politically supercharged around Star Wars these days so hopefully that's it.

The lack of posting about the new show in this thread though is making me nervous. I'll give it a shot regardless, but I'm not super confident.
I kinda wanna wait and binge it so dont read into my lack of participation. I hate this stupid weekly release things now.

I tapped out of Disney Plus.

I loooooove Star Wars. But that’s all I used it for.

Not worth the price of admission at all to just watch tv series here and there.

I can sit back…wait to read old school SW takes from the FFA and pick up blue ray on the cheap.

Man I loved Mandolorian and Obi Wan and of course the last series (name is escaping me I am 54) based off Rouge One. That was AAA.

I was kinda meh on Boba Fett….had some really high moments and some meh.

Bad Batch kicked ***.

But yeah…..canceled Disney Plus at the very end of 2023.

Missed Osoka. How was that?

I have read that critics, etc. were given the first 4 episodes, and general consensus is that, like many of the series, it starts to pick up decently and that episodes 3 and 4 are even better, with the ending of episode 4 being particularly good.

We'll see - but to be fair, when it comes to the Marvel/Star Wars shows, I have my expectations set that it is going to be entertaining, not an all time great type of show, and one that my wife has no interest in so I can watch it when I am able to, and then if it exceeds that expectation, I am pleasantly surprised.

I can sit back…wait to read old school SW takes from the FFA and pick up blue ray on the cheap.

Man I loved Mandolorian and Obi Wan and of course the last series (name is escaping me I am 54) based off Rouge One. That was AAA.

Bad Batch kicked ***.

Ahsoka was awesome imo but I was a rebels fan. One of my favorite series.

Why not just subscribe once or twice a year when the latest series is completely out and binge then? Would only cost ya one month.

Bad Batch kicked ***.

Why not just subscribe once or twice a year when the latest series is completely out and binge then? Would only cost ya one month.
Yeah thought of that….smart idea.

Bad Batch kicked ***.

I think there was a big gap in appreciation of Ahsoka between those of us who watched Rebels and those who did not. It made a huge difference knowing the backstory. Like GOT book readers imo. I also thought they made some mistakes that could have easily made the connection to the characters better, though (e.g., there was no reason to hold back the Sabine falling out/Purge of Mandalore aspect. That would have given us a much better connection to Sabine earlier in the show).

I kinda wanna wait and binge it so dont read into my lack of participation. I hate this stupid weekly release things now.
That was my plan, but my son could not wait so we watched together.

Bad Batch kicked ***.

I think there was a big gap in appreciation of Ahsoka between those of us who watched Rebels and those who did not. It made a huge difference knowing the backstory. Like GOT book readers imo. I also thought they made some mistakes that could have easily made the connection to the characters better, though (e.g., there was no reason to hold back the Sabine falling out/Purge of Mandalore aspect. That would have given us a much better connection to Sabine earlier in the show).
Totally agree. My wife didn’t really get it at all but she did like Ahsoka the character. I told her she would probably like Rebels but there are simply too many Real Housewives shows for her to watch.

Watched the first two episodes. It was fine. Like early Andor, engaging enough to want to hear the rest of the story at this point. Jedi who acknowledge being fallible and having attachments are good imo. And I definitely like Sol so far. Anyone ripping this to shreds at this point was going to do that no matter what they saw on screen. Your mother was probably the first strong female antagonist you hated. Don't let it go now, whatever you do.

I'm really hoping we don't get to see anyone we already know in this series. I feel like the complete break from the Skywalker storyline is needed. Though I might make an exception for Maz Kanata. I know Yoda and Chewie are kicking around somewhere in this timeline. That doesn't mean they need to be onscreen, thanks.

I'm really hoping we don't get to see anyone we already know in this series. I feel like the complete break from the Skywalker storyline is needed. Though I might make an exception for Maz Kanata. I know Yoda and Chewie are kicking around somewhere in this timeline. That doesn't mean they need to be onscreen, thanks.
Agreed. Such a big universe. Lets see some other stories in it.

Anyone ripping this to shreds at this point was going to do that no matter what they saw on screen. Your mother was probably the first strong female antagonist you hated. Don't let it go now, whatever you do.
See, that's just not true. Categorizing anyone who criticizes a non-white male character or story featuring the same as a racist misogynist is simply inaccurate. Nor does a story become bulletproof just because its cast is diverse.

Some things are just not very good because they're not very good. And so far, that's The Acolyte.

Watched the first two episodes. It was fine. Like early Andor, engaging enough to want to hear the rest of the story at this point. Jedi who acknowledge being fallible and having attachments are good imo. And I definitely like Sol so far. Anyone ripping this to shreds at this point was going to do that no matter what they saw on screen. Your mother was probably the first strong female antagonist you hated. Don't let it go now, whatever you do.

Good post but isn’t Yoda on the Jedi council at this point? I agree we don’t have to see him but it would make sense if we did.

I’m didn’t think Chewie was that old but either way he shouldn’t appear.

Anyone ripping this to shreds at this point was going to do that no matter what they saw on screen. Your mother was probably the first strong female antagonist you hated. Don't let it go now, whatever you do.
Nor does a story become bulletproof just because its cast is diverse.

Some things are just not very good because they're not very good. And so far, that's The Acolyte.
I agree with the first part. IDGAF what the make up of the cast is either way. The biggest issue I have so far is the fat Jedi who indiscreetly yelled, "he's gone!" in a very unjedilike way.

What, specifically, besides the diverse cast isn't very good?

See, that's just not true. Categorizing anyone who criticizes a non-white male character or story featuring the same as a racist misogynist is simply inaccurate. Nor does a story become bulletproof just because its cast is diverse.

And I'm pretty sure I didn't do this. But it's most of the criticism thus far.

"OH, we HAVE to have a strong female antagonist."

"OH, there's 1 token white guy. "

"OH, why do they all have to be diverse? When do we get the gay kisses?"

We get it. People think Disney is woke without even knowing what the word means, and they're waiting to tear it apart no matter what. They're ruining Star Wars!! There's nothing in these 2 episodes that's ruining star wars. Might the rest of the series suck out loud like book of boba fett did (imo)? Yep. But so far? No.

Categorizing anyone who criticizes a non-white male character or story featuring the same as a racist misogynist is simply inaccurate.
:confused:
I dont think what @Bob Sacamano said had anything to do with race or female character did he?
"Your mother was probably the first strong female antagonist you hated". Yeah he did. But we're past that now.
"What, specifically, besides the diverse cast isn't very good?"

Categorizing anyone who criticizes a non-white male character or story featuring the same as a racist misogynist is simply inaccurate.
:confused:
I dont think what @Bob Sacamano said had anything to do with race or female character did he?
There are a lot of people banging on this simply because they don't like diverse casting decisions. I couldn't care less what those people think. To that end, yes, what I said related to that.

I'm not a fan boy without his criticisms of the SW content. There's plenty to be criticized. If I'm missing something as to the quality of the actual product itself through 2 episodes, I'd welcome being enlightened. I'm not seeing it. Certainly not to the extent of getting 26% on rotten tomatoes. That's a concerted effort by people with agendas. It isn't a remotely reasonable reflection of content. To those people, my comment isn't strong enough, and they can all take it however personally they like. If you aren't one of those people, it's not meant for you and there's nothing to take personally.

Users who are viewing this thread