What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Starting Rb for week 7 on your WW (1 Viewer)

Theres always the chance that Mendy is out again. I can see him starting over Redman but if Menndy is back, Dwyer goes to the bench. i will add that this was the first week that I have seen them run like that. Dwyer is a pretty good RB in the style of Bettis and probally a better fit for this team. But Mendy is the man.
Agreed that Mendy will still be in the man, but dynasty/keepers may want to stash Dwyer away.Mendy will be an UFA after this season, and he could go elsewhere. The team could always sign/draft his replacement, but if Dwyer continues to improve, he could get a shot next year.

Theres always the chance that Mendy is out again. I can see him starting over Redman but if Menndy is back, Dwyer goes to the bench. i will add that this was the first week that I have seen them run like that. Dwyer is a pretty good RB in the style of Bettis and probally a better fit for this team. But Mendy is the man.
Agreed that Mendy will still be in the man, but dynasty/keepers may want to stash Dwyer away.Mendy will be an UFA after this season, and he could go elsewhere. The team could always sign/draft his replacement, but if Dwyer continues to improve, he could get a shot next year.
I'm not so sure Mendy is the man anymore. If you were the Steelers coaches and haven't been able to run the ball all year, would you bench the guy who finally brought it? We'll see, but Dwyer may have won the job last night.

I'm not so sure Mendy is the man anymore. If you were the Steelers coaches and haven't been able to run the ball all year, would you bench the guy who finally brought it? We'll see, but Dwyer may have won the job last night.
Possibly, but Mendy did do well his first week back. Really depends on whether Mendy is anywhere close to where he was last year after the ACL and now the achilles.One has to think though that Dwyer will be getting a piece of the action, and probably vaulted over Redman in the pecking order.

Dwyer looked like the best back in preseason as well, but that didn't stop them from giving Redman & then Mendy the chance in front of him. I think they believe that Dwyer can't hold up, especially since he looks for contact so much.

Dwyer looked like the best back in preseason as well, but that didn't stop them from giving Redman & then Mendy the chance in front of him. I think they believe that Dwyer can't hold up, especially since he looks for contact so much.
the real story is he was battling a toe injury and then he had a fumble against Oakland which sent him to the bench

'GordonGekko said:
You do realize Rainey has been on the team and active for every game this season right?And you do realize that Rainey has 7 carries for 15 yds and 6 catches for 45 THE ENTIRESEASON!!! Right?And you do realize that even with Mendy and Redman out and only 2 activ RBs in the game that Rainey had exactly 1 offensive touch THE ENTIRE GAME !!!!!!!!! And you also realize that Dwyer was the leading rusher in the first 2 games despite splitting carries with Redman and actually getting 1 less carry then him. Right?In conclusion, "although you could get very lucky and be right", your reasoning sucks badly.
Chris Rainey, RB, Steelers4 rushes for 17 yards, 1 rushing TD1 reception for 8 yards4 kickoff returns for 122 yardsLet's say PPR with standard fractional scoring and, to hedge it your way a little, 25 yards per point for return yardage. 1.7 + 6 + 1 +.8 + 4.88 = 14.38 pointsJonathan Dwyer, RB, Steelers17 carries for 122 yards0 receptions for 0 yards0 kick/punt returns for 0 yards0 TouchdownsSame scoring system12.2 pointsDwyer ripped a 32 yard run with less than 2 minutes to go. And he achieved 48 of his rushing yards with three minutes to go in the game. After the Steelers had won the time of possession battle, holding the ball nearly 40 minutes of the game. Given a bit more on offense by Cincy, I think the Bengals D could have held the Steelers rushing attack to a lot less. They had for most of the game. Vontaze Burfict had 13 solo tackles and 2 assists, including 2 tackles for a loss. Mike Johnson and Geno Atkins each had a sack. What luck is there to it? It's like I said, Rainey was going to give you points in three different directions, even without an endzone score, thought he did end up having an endzone score, while Dwyer was likely to only give you points in one direction. If you run this game over 100 different times, I still believe Rainey would outscore Dwyer most of the time. Every year, FBG and other sites say religiously, look at your scoring and settings for your league before you shape your roster. That everything you do is dependent on how you are scored. I'm glad Dwyer helped out some fellows here that needed him last night, but folks have to start considering there are players out there who can help you in a bunch of different ways like Rainey. Every week, someone here wins or loses by a few points in their various leagues, sometimes by fractional points or by a later week adjustment in scoring by the NFL. You might think my reasoning sucks, but the reality is the OP of this thread might have helped a lot of guys get a win and my replies might have helped some guys get a win. What's luckier? A guy with established roles that will give you points in three or four different directions or riding that a player will give you nearly 50 yards of rushing in the last three minutes of a game?
Why does it matter when you get the yards?You want your RB in there managing the clock, and grinding yards....As Collingsworth said, they knew they were going to run, and still couldn't stop him.Dwyer deserves a bigger look when the other RBS are back

'GordonGekko said:
You do realize Rainey has been on the team and active for every game this season right?And you do realize that Rainey has 7 carries for 15 yds and 6 catches for 45 THE ENTIRESEASON!!! Right?And you do realize that even with Mendy and Redman out and only 2 activ RBs in the game that Rainey had exactly 1 offensive touch THE ENTIRE GAME !!!!!!!!! And you also realize that Dwyer was the leading rusher in the first 2 games despite splitting carries with Redman and actually getting 1 less carry then him. Right?In conclusion, "although you could get very lucky and be right", your reasoning sucks badly.
Chris Rainey, RB, Steelers4 rushes for 17 yards, 1 rushing TD1 reception for 8 yards4 kickoff returns for 122 yardsLet's say PPR with standard fractional scoring and, to hedge it your way a little, 25 yards per point for return yardage. 1.7 + 6 + 1 +.8 + 4.88 = 14.38 pointsJonathan Dwyer, RB, Steelers17 carries for 122 yards0 receptions for 0 yards0 kick/punt returns for 0 yards0 TouchdownsSame scoring system12.2 pointsDwyer ripped a 32 yard run with less than 2 minutes to go. And he achieved 48 of his rushing yards with three minutes to go in the game. After the Steelers had won the time of possession battle, holding the ball nearly 40 minutes of the game. Given a bit more on offense by Cincy, I think the Bengals D could have held the Steelers rushing attack to a lot less. They had for most of the game. Vontaze Burfict had 13 solo tackles and 2 assists, including 2 tackles for a loss. Mike Johnson and Geno Atkins each had a sack. What luck is there to it? It's like I said, Rainey was going to give you points in three different directions, even without an endzone score, thought he did end up having an endzone score, while Dwyer was likely to only give you points in one direction. If you run this game over 100 different times, I still believe Rainey would outscore Dwyer most of the time. Every year, FBG and other sites say religiously, look at your scoring and settings for your league before you shape your roster. That everything you do is dependent on how you are scored. I'm glad Dwyer helped out some fellows here that needed him last night, but folks have to start considering there are players out there who can help you in a bunch of different ways like Rainey. Every week, someone here wins or loses by a few points in their various leagues, sometimes by fractional points or by a later week adjustment in scoring by the NFL. You might think my reasoning sucks, but the reality is the OP of this thread might have helped a lot of guys get a win and my replies might have helped some guys get a win. What's luckier? A guy with established roles that will give you points in three or four different directions or riding that a player will give you nearly 50 yards of rushing in the last three minutes of a game?
Yeah. But in a points per carry/reception/return yardage(PPCRR)league in which most of us play in, Dwyer (25.2 points) beat Rainey (18.38) by almost 7 points.

'GordonGekko said:
You do realize Rainey has been on the team and active for every game this season right?

And you do realize that Rainey has 7 carries for 15 yds and 6 catches for 45 THE ENTIRESEASON!!! Right?

And you do realize that even with Mendy and Redman out and only 2 activ RBs in the game that Rainey had exactly 1 offensive touch THE ENTIRE GAME !!!!!!!!!

And you also realize that Dwyer was the leading rusher in the first 2 games despite splitting carries with Redman and actually getting 1 less carry then him. Right?

In conclusion, "although you could get very lucky and be right", your reasoning sucks badly.
Chris Rainey, RB, Steelers

4 rushes for 17 yards, 1 rushing TD

1 reception for 8 yards

4 kickoff returns for 122 yards

Let's say PPR with standard fractional scoring and, to hedge it your way a little, 25 yards per point for return yardage.

1.7 + 6 + 1 +.8 + 4.88 = 14.38 points

Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Steelers

17 carries for 122 yards

0 receptions for 0 yards

0 kick/punt returns for 0 yards

0 Touchdowns

Same scoring system

12.2 points

Dwyer ripped a 32 yard run with less than 2 minutes to go. And he achieved 48 of his rushing yards with three minutes to go in the game. After the Steelers had won the time of possession battle, holding the ball nearly 40 minutes of the game. Given a bit more on offense by Cincy, I think the Bengals D could have held the Steelers rushing attack to a lot less. They had for most of the game.

Vontaze Burfict had 13 solo tackles and 2 assists, including 2 tackles for a loss. Mike Johnson and Geno Atkins each had a sack.

What luck is there to it? It's like I said, Rainey was going to give you points in three different directions, even without an endzone score, thought he did end up having an endzone score, while Dwyer was likely to only give you points in one direction. If you run this game over 100 different times, I still believe Rainey would outscore Dwyer most of the time.

Every year, FBG and other sites say religiously, look at your scoring and settings for your league before you shape your roster. That everything you do is dependent on how you are scored. I'm glad Dwyer helped out some fellows here that needed him last night, but folks have to start considering there are players out there who can help you in a bunch of different ways like Rainey. Every week, someone here wins or loses by a few points in their various leagues, sometimes by fractional points or by a later week adjustment in scoring by the NFL. You might think my reasoning sucks, but the reality is the OP of this thread might have helped a lot of guys get a win and my replies might have helped some guys get a win.

What's luckier? A guy with established roles that will give you points in three or four different directions or riding that a player will give you nearly 50 yards of rushing in the last three minutes of a game?
Yeah. But in a points per carry/reception/return yardage(PPCRR)league in which most of us play in, Dwyer (25.2 points) beat Rainey (18.38) by almost 7 points.
No way most of us play in a pp carry scoring system. In fact, I would never want to be in that type of league. A. Green was a stud yesterday in that system. Most of us don't play in return yardage leagues either.

Funny thing is I hadn't seen Dwyer play this year until last night (didn't see him in preseason either). It's borderline shocking to me that this is the slimmed-down, in-shape version of Jonathan Dwyer.

What did he look like before this year?

That dude is a LOT bigger than he was at GT... or else college cameras remove 20 lbs.

'GordonGekko said:
You do realize Rainey has been on the team and active for every game this season right?

And you do realize that Rainey has 7 carries for 15 yds and 6 catches for 45 THE ENTIRESEASON!!! Right?

And you do realize that even with Mendy and Redman out and only 2 activ RBs in the game that Rainey had exactly 1 offensive touch THE ENTIRE GAME !!!!!!!!!

And you also realize that Dwyer was the leading rusher in the first 2 games despite splitting carries with Redman and actually getting 1 less carry then him. Right?

In conclusion, "although you could get very lucky and be right", your reasoning sucks badly.

1 reception for 8 yards

Let's say PPR with standard fractional scoring and, to hedge it your way a little, 25 yards per point for return yardage.

17 carries for 122 yards

0 receptions for 0 yards

0 Touchdowns

Same scoring system

12.2 points

Dwyer ripped a 32 yard run with less than 2 minutes to go. And he achieved 48 of his rushing yards with three minutes to go in the game. After the Steelers had won the time of possession battle, holding the ball nearly 40 minutes of the game. Given a bit more on offense by Cincy, I think the Bengals D could have held the Steelers rushing attack to a lot less. They had for most of the game.

Vontaze Burfict had 13 solo tackles and 2 assists, including 2 tackles for a loss. Mike Johnson and Geno Atkins each had a sack.

What luck is there to it? It's like I said, Rainey was going to give you points in three different directions, even without an endzone score, thought he did end up having an endzone score, while Dwyer was likely to only give you points in one direction. If you run this game over 100 different times, I still believe Rainey would outscore Dwyer most of the time.

Every year, FBG and other sites say religiously, look at your scoring and settings for your league before you shape your roster. That everything you do is dependent on how you are scored. I'm glad Dwyer helped out some fellows here that needed him last night, but folks have to start considering there are players out there who can help you in a bunch of different ways like Rainey. Every week, someone here wins or loses by a few points in their various leagues, sometimes by fractional points or by a later week adjustment in scoring by the NFL. You might think my reasoning sucks, but the reality is the OP of this thread might have helped a lot of guys get a win and my replies might have helped some guys get a win.

What's luckier? A guy with established roles that will give you points in three or four different directions or riding that a player will give you nearly 50 yards of rushing in the last three minutes of a game?
No way most of us play in a pp carry scoring system. In fact, I would never want to be in that type of league. A. Green was a stud yesterday in that system. Most of us don't play in return yardage leagues either.
:lol: Actually I'm pretty sure PPC poster was taking a dig @ GG for using the not very common return yardage system to pimp Rainey. If I had to guess, I'd say 80% play standard or PPR, 15-18% IDP, and likely no more than 2-5% are in return y

yardage leagues.

So yeah, Dwyer got topped in one out of twenty/fifty leagues last night.

'GordonGekko said:

1 reception for 8 yards

17 carries for 122 yards

0 receptions for 0 yards

0 Touchdowns

Same scoring system

12.2 points

:lol: Actually I'm pretty sure PPC poster was taking a dig @ GG for using the not very common return yardage system to pimp Rainey. If I had to guess, I'd say 80% play standard or PPR, 15-18% IDP, and likely no more than 2-5% are in return y

yardage leagues.

So yeah, Dwyer got topped in one out of twenty/fifty leagues last night.
Hell, I play in a return league, and Dwyer still smoked Rainey. I'd much rather have a guy who gets a ton one way than a guy who gets a tiny amount 3-4 ways.

Return yardage leagues are a blast when you get it right (e.g. don't aggressively favor the KR).

Regarding Dwyer, I wonder if this situational opportunity plays out like Bradshaw/Brown did. Mendy looked good in his debut. If he's healthy I suspect gets his job back, and Jonathan has earned himself a portion of the workload ROS.

If Mendy ain't right, though, he looks like a solid RB2.

Users who are viewing this thread