What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Starting two RBs from the same team (1 Viewer)

LordHusker

Hot sauce addict
When the matchup is right, I think it's reasonable to start two RBs from the same team, just as some owners think it's fine to start a Wayne/Harrison or Marshall/Royal at WR. Am I misguided? I never really considered this until today, but I'm going to start Lendale White/Chris Johnson against the Bengals. The matchup is just too good. Granted, if I had better RB options -- I'm benching McGahee and Kevin Smith -- I might feel differently.

This is not a WDIS. I'm simply interested in whether the idea of starting two RBs from the same team is bad strategy. Obviously, Reggie Bush/McCallister owners are familiar with this tactic. I'm sure there have been past threads on this subject, but I couldn't locate one via searching.

I'm starting Maroney and Sammy Morris in one league this week, but it's out of necessity. I think it's more possible for both WRs on a team to have very good games than two RBs.

I agree...there are a handful of backs who can thrive vs. the right competition.

JStew and DWill

LenDale and CJ3

Atlanta's duo did fine last weekend

I'm sure there are others I am missing.

I sure wish I had played Norwood to go along with Turner last weekend...who knew LJ would have been better on my bench?

When the matchup is right, I think it's reasonable to start two RBs from the same team, just as some owners think it's fine to start a Wayne/Harrison or Marshall/Royal at WR. Am I misguided? I never really considered this until today, but I'm going to start Lendale White/Chris Johnson against the Bengals. The matchup is just too good. Granted, if I had better RB options -- I'm benching McGahee and Kevin Smith -- I might feel differently.This is not a WDIS. I'm simply interested in whether the idea of starting two RBs from the same team is bad strategy. Obviously, Reggie Bush/McCallister owners are familiar with this tactic. I'm sure there have been past threads on this subject, but I couldn't locate one via searching.
I would have to disagree for the simple fact that passing yardage is usually twice of what rushing yardage is. Therefore there are more overall points to go around in the passing game.

It's not something I would advocate but the guy who finished second in my league last year started Jones-Drew and Taylor all season long.

I don't think it's a very good strategy on a weekly basis. It just seems too inconsistent for my tastes.

Situationally (i.e. playing the Lions) or for covering bye weeks it's perfectly fine.

Without better options, why not? I'm very seriously considering starting both Jacobs and Ward this week. Of course I'm also very seriously considering starting Selvin, LenDale and Sammy so I think I fall into the without better options camp. Livin the dream, fellas. Livin the dream.

BroadwayG said:
I don't think it's a very good strategy on a weekly basis. It just seems too inconsistent for my tastes.Situationally (i.e. playing the Lions) or for covering bye weeks it's perfectly fine.
I agree. I actually started looking at the dual approach first with LJ and Priest. But...it's fairly rare that you could make this a winning habit.I thought Parker / Mendenhall might be viable early in camp...but it hasn't developed.Obviously...using one of the pair as a flex as opposed to RB2 expands your options.

I picked up Pierre Thomas earlier in the week because I was thinking about doing this with Reggie Bush. The way I see it, in PPR it makes sense. The possibility that these guys could rack up points catching the ball as well as running it gives them a decent chance to perform well. Colston getting hurt only sweetens the deal, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread