What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steve Smith (Car) vs Leon Hall & the Bengals (1 Viewer)

Resident A

Footballguy
The Bengals did an excellent job of shutting down teams' #1 WRs last year.

So far this year, they held Moss to 5 catches for 59 yds, and Boldin to 5 catches for 35 yds. Add in a rookie QB making his first start, and the prospects for Steve Smith are not so good.

I'm considering sitting him for somebody with upside. I'll kick myself if I start Smith & he goes 3 for 29. Anybody thinking the same thing?

I'm sitting him this week, but I've got great options as he's in a mix with bradshaw/nicks/marshall (this will be the first week I've started Nicks). I personally wouldn't sit him for a Maclin/Knox/Floyd type option though.

I'm sitting him this week and even possibly looking to trade him. More left wrist/arm issues, rookie QB coming in, struggling running game... he's scored a TD in the first two weeks so I'll push that fact while shopping him.

I'm sitting him this week and even possibly looking to trade him. More left wrist/arm issues, rookie QB coming in, struggling running game... he's scored a TD in the first two weeks so I'll push that fact while shopping him.
I considered this, but I don't know if Smith's value will ever be lower. Unless you can find someone who believes Clausen is the answer, you're going to get very little in return. I don't think he'll do well this week, but I'm going to hold onto him in the hopes that he and Clausen will get a connection going, at least against weaker defenses.

Users who are viewing this thread