What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steve Smith (Car) (1 Viewer)

He has had a week off to rest his injury and has a great matchup against NO.

Who will be the QB this week, and does it really matter?
Yes.However, if he can somehow get matched up with David instead of McKenzie....I could get him the damn ball. So yes, IMO, the QB does matter, but NO is too good of a matchup to not play Smitty.

Vinny has been named the starter for the rest of the year, and Smith is feeling better, and plays against a very poor secondary. I'm betting Smith has a very nice game. 8 catches, 120 yards, 1 TD.

I'm starting him in several leagues and tempted in another. The Saints haven't stopped a whole lot of guys this year. They have allowed a WR to get 120+ yards three weeks in a row.

OK, you guys have talked me into it. I have to choose 3 from Hackett, Evans, J Walker and Smith. Looks like Walker will have to show me what he has before I start him.

He has had a week off to rest his injury and has a great matchup against NO.

Who will be the QB this week, and does it really matter?
Yes.However, if he can somehow get matched up with David instead of McKenzie....I could get him the damn ball. So yes, IMO, the QB does matter, but NO is too good of a matchup to not play Smitty.
Saints homers will maybe correct me on this, but when I've seen them play David has invariably been on the right hand side. That's why I'm starting Smith with confidence, not too hard to get him matched up against David if that's the case. If anyone hasn't been following this sorry tale, David has been torched repeatedly for big plays this yea, often biting on fakes.

I wouldn't be surprised if Foster and Smith have career type numbers this week, especially if the NO offense shows up.

I have Smith, Fitzy, Walker and Evans. With the NO matchup, Smith will once again be in my lineup along side Fitzy.

Playing him over Housh. Reason? Injury for Housh and matchup for Smith. The NO Def is last in the league (by double the amount vs 31st team) vs WR1s according to the DVOA @ footballoutsiders.com

I have to chose 3 of Smith, A. Johnson, Evens and Welker. I'm going with Johnson for sure but i'm completely torn between the other 2/3

as of now i'm starting him over Bush in my flex spot......since reggie is the dreaded game time decision, i can't risk it.

I am not sure that I am "starting him with confidence".... more like starting him because I 'd hate to be the guy that leaves 200 yards and 3 TDs on the bench.

.... which would surely be the result if I were to bench him.

So....how good a play would this make Carter also?
I'd be interested to hear others thoughts on this but I think its an obvious downgrade to Carter compared to last week. I'm sure Carter will get a chance at a deep ball or two but I'd imagine that Colbert would be in on most of the two receiver sets.

Was starting Henry over Smith, but now am leaning towards starting Smith. Decisions, decisions..... :lmao:
I'm in the same boat with Henry or Smith at my flex, since it looks like Chatman is a big "?" on Monday night. Smith is in my lineup as of today. I need a big day from SOMEONE with Roy Williams and Addai disappointing on Thursday, and Smith has big upside potential. Potential being the operable word in that sentence. :scared:

I am not sure that I am "starting him with confidence".... more like starting him because I 'd hate to be the guy that leaves 200 yards and 3 TDs on the bench..... which would surely be the result if I were to bench him.
Bench him then PLEASE!!!!!!

OMG

Vinny Testaverde was added to the Panthers' injury report as "questionable" after experiencing stiffness in his back Saturday morning.

It's reportedly uncertain whether David Carr or Matt Moore would start in his place. Testaverde will be a game-time decision Sunday vs. New Orleans.

http://www.charlotte.com/panthers/story/376442.html

:banned:
:sigh:He's a 44-yr old QB who has more health issues than my 80 yr old grandmother. Why even come back to the NFL if you can't physically play?

OMG

Vinny Testaverde was added to the Panthers' injury report as "questionable" after experiencing stiffness in his back Saturday morning.

It's reportedly uncertain whether David Carr or Matt Moore would start in his place. Testaverde will be a game-time decision Sunday vs. New Orleans.

:banned:
:sigh:He's a 44-yr old QB who has more health issues than my 80 yr old grandmother. Why even come back to the NFL if you can't physically play?
Perhaps the health issues happen when playing the game (and being 44)

Liquid Tension said:
beavers said:
Young 8 said:
OMG

:lmao:
Perhaps the health issues happen when playing the game (and being 44)
Based on Testy's questionable status, I think Smith is going back to my bench and being replaced by Henry. I truly wanted to start Smith this week but there is NO WAY I'd start him with Carr(wreck) or Moore(practice-needed) playing.

Based on Testy's questionable status, I think Smith is going back to my bench and being replaced by Henry. I truly wanted to start Smith this week but there is NO WAY I'd start him with Carr(wreck) or Moore(practice-needed) playing.
True 'dat. Looks like Henry is going in for me in place of Smith as well. I'm still hoping for some late news that Vinnie wakes up on Sunday morning and feels great. I'm living in denial, basically.

beavers said:
He's a 44-yr old QB who has more health issues than my 80 yr old grandmother. Why even come back to the NFL if you can't physically play?
Well, you're still talking about somebody who can do more to help a team win than David Carr.Not Testaverde. I mean your grandmother.

Start Smith w/confidence? Not just no. Hell no!
Smith scares me this week, because he's so over due it's not funny, and he's playing against the Saints who can't stop anyone, and my fantasy team that seems to attract bad luck. All superstitions aside, a big game would be a lot to ask for with Carr in there or an ailing Vinny T.

Users who are viewing this thread