What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steven Davis....? (1 Viewer)

Super Hogs

Footballguy
Did S.Davis touch the ball today?? With SJAx not looking great why wasn't S.Davis used.....?

(I'm in a deep league..........so I'm curious.)

Did S.Davis touch the ball today?? With SJAx not looking great why wasn't S.Davis used.....?(I'm in a deep league..........so I'm curious.)
I'll take 22 for 121 from S-Jax every week. Yes there were no TDs, but the Broncos have a solid D.

Did S.Davis touch the ball today?? With SJAx not looking great why wasn't S.Davis used.....?(I'm in a deep league..........so I'm curious.)
I'll take 22 for 121 from S-Jax every week. Yes there were no TDs, but the Broncos have a solid D.
Let me rephrase my comment...SJAx couldn't punch it in today even with several opportunities. I really don't think Wilkins is going to win every game for the Rams. Why wasn't S.Davis used???

Super Hogs said:
Alluro said:
Super Hogs said:
Did S.Davis touch the ball today?? With SJAx not looking great why wasn't S.Davis used.....?

Let me rephrase my comment...SJAx couldn't punch it in today even with several opportunities. I really don't think Wilkins is going to win every game for the Rams. Why wasn't S.Davis used???
honestly did you even SEE the game today???by my count there was exactly ONE rushing attempt by a StL RB inside the Denver 10 - by 3 yard run by Jackson from the 9. So there was one goal-line opp for the Rams rushers, and I don't even know if you can really consider a run from the 9 a GL carry. Jackson also caught a 1 yard rec w/in the 10.

According to the gamebook Davis did play but did not get a touch.

Please do some research before posting incorrect broad generalizations such as these.

Super Hogs said:
Alluro said:
Super Hogs said:

honestly did you even SEE the game today???by my count there was exactly ONE rushing attempt by a StL RB inside the Denver 10 - by 3 yard run by Jackson from the 9. So there was one goal-line opp for the Rams rushers, and I don't even know if you can really consider a run from the 9 a GL carry. Jackson also caught a 1 yard rec w/in the 10.

Please do some research before posting incorrect broad generalizations such as these.
Research?? How's your reading comprehension?? I never said "Goalline"; I said "several opportunites" meaning carries (22). Since when does a running back only score with a goal line carry?? Thanks for the info that he played, but didn't get a touch....you should have stopped there.

Super Hogs said:
Alluro said:
Super Hogs said:

Research?? How's your reading comprehension?? I never said "Goalline"; I said "several opportunites" meaning carries (22). Since when does a running back only score with a goal line carry?? Thanks for the info that he played, but didn't get a touch....you should have stopped there.
Hogs....you're making yourself look like a fool here.

with about 2:10 left Jackson had a quietly very impressive run Roger Craig would have been proud of

Super Hogs said:
Alluro said:
Super Hogs said:

Hogs....you're making yourself look like a fool here.
:goodposting: I was a Steven Jackson detractor -- even passed on him for Edge, believe it or not -- and I have to say, he looked like a STUD today against my Broncos. He was hammering on us.

I have no bias as I have no stake in either team and I'd say that "stud" is a pretty generous take regarding Steve Jackson's game.

The Rams running game was broken up in the backfield several times and Jackson's moments of greatness were infrequent. He did well when the Rams were essentially working the clock and looking to avoid risk.

Good stats but he was hardly a difference maker today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Super Hogs said:
Alluro said:
Super Hogs said:

Okey dokey smokey...

Users who are viewing this thread