What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steven Jackson's value (1 Viewer)

EVHallofFamer

Footballguy
In his new situation, where do you guys see the value of SJax? Obviously everyone knows his age but his situation is nice. In terms of draft picks, wrs, and/or prospects, what do you see his value as?

In a 12 team dynasty .5 ppr this trade went down after he went to Atlanta. Jackson and a 14 3rd rounder for Demarco Murray and the #10 this year. The team that traded for Jackson is definately in a win now mode and was 2nd last year.

In a 12 team dynasty .5 ppr this trade went down after he went to Atlanta. Jackson and a 14 3rd rounder for Demarco Murray and the #10 this year. The team that traded for Jackson is definately in a win now mode and was 2nd last year.
Murray and 1.10 for Jackson and 2014 3rd? Wow thats a lot.

Wow. That is a ton. Kinda surprised by that one
Pick 10 on the wrong side. Even then I prolly dont deal Murray for Jackson and pick 10

Pick 10 on the wrong side. Even then I prolly dont deal Murray for Jackson and pick 10
:confused:

If Murray stays healthy, he could give you three seasons equal to the one you are likely to get from Jackson in 2013.

If Murray stays healthy, he could give you three seasons equal to the one you are likely to get from Jackson in 2013.
I have Murray in a couple leagues. If I am offered jackson and pick 10, I am rejecting pretty easily.

I gave 1.08,3.06 for him in one league. I offered RMathews in another league for a straight trade and was rejected

'ghostguy123 said:
'Gawain said:
'Shawnky said:
'ghostguy123 said:
'EVHallofFamer said:
I have Murray in a couple leagues. If I am offered jackson and pick 10, I am rejecting pretty easily.
And there's a reason why you don't win titles.

'ghostguy123 said:
'Gawain said:
'Shawnky said:
'ghostguy123 said:
'EVHallofFamer said:
And there's a reason why you don't win titles.
You might be on to something. Five dynasty leagues and I finished 2nd in three of them, bounced out 1st round in a shocker in one, and the other one was year 1 of the league where I didn't try to compete year 1, picking up all youth and a ton of picks (team looks good now though).Maybe if I trade for Jackson in all of them I will win them all. I did deal for him in one league, gave Bryce Brown and a 2014 1st.But no, unless I know I am quitting the league after this year, I am not dealing Murray for Jackson and pick 10.

Last edited by a moderator:
'ghostguy123 said:
Are we talking about DeMarco Murray? The guy who barely cracks 4 ypc, is allergic to the end zone, and can't stay on the field?

'ghostguy123 said:
Are we talking about DeMarco Murray? The guy who barely cracks 4 ypc, is allergic to the end zone, and can't stay on the field?
Yep, same fella. I don't value pick 10 very much this year, and I actually think Murray is a pretty good player. He obviously needs to stay healthy, and I am willing to take that chance that he does. I like both players, but I like Murray in dynasty enough more to not take that deal. Redraft, yes I take jackson for this season

'FF Ninja said:
'ghostguy123 said:
I wouldn't call 4.8 YPC "barely" cracking 4. The only year Steven Jackson broke 4.4 was his rookie year when he was backing up Faulk and only had 134 carries. And Jackson had back to back years where he only played in 12 games. Injuries happen. Players bounce back. The truth of the matter is Murray could easily out-perform Jackson this year and he's 5 years younger. Giving up Murray for Jackson in dynasty is foolish even with pick 1.10 thrown in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted a long rambling comparison of SJax production on sub-par Rams teams to Turner's production in Atlanta in the link referenced above. The resulting projection is that SJax finishes with 290+ FFpoints in PPR leagues; roughly top 5-7 RB numbers.

'FF Ninja said:
'ghostguy123 said:
I wouldn't call 4.8 YPC "barely" cracking 4. The only year Steven Jackson broke 4.4 was his rookie year when he was backing up Faulk and only had 134 carries. And Jackson had back to back years where he only played in 12 games. Injuries happen. Players bounce back. The truth of the matter is Murray could easily out-perform Jackson this year and he's 5 years younger. Giving up Murray for Jackson in dynasty is foolish even with pick 1.10 thrown in.
I must be in Bizarro world. To make sure I've got this straight, I have DeMarco Murray and 1.10 this year and someone offers me SJAX?I'm taking it without blinking. I've never been one of those people that gushed over SJAX. I thought until the last two years he was consistently overdrafted. However, at this point in time and for dynasty purposes, I will gladly take whatever SJAX has left with the Falcons over a rookie pick in a draft full of ??? and a RB that hasn't been able to stay healthy. I would be shocked if Dallas doen't draft a RB this year which means if you are a Murray owner, get ready to do some homework on whether you need to go get him to go with Murray...let me do the homework for you...YOU NEED HIS HANDCUFF. A FF team should either have ALL or NONE of the Cowboys' RBs because, while they all are valuable in spurts, none are durable to last the season. The only way I balk at that trade offer is if I am CLEARLY in a total youth movement/rebuild mode.

'FF Ninja said:
'ghostguy123 said:
Still hanging onto that St.Louis game, I see. Those numbers are going to get diluted a bit more each year, but not much since he can't stay on the field. But anyway, I was only referencing his numbers from last year, where he managed 4.1 ypc. DeMarco Murray reminds me a lot of another guy, drafted in the third round, that GMs saw as a 3rd down back who blew up when forced into action his rookie year, then looked average as a runner his second year, while still doing ok in the receptions department... Steve Slaton. At least Slaton had one 16 game season and a top 10 finish. I doubt Murray accomplishes either.

'FF Ninja said:
'ghostguy123 said:
Still hanging onto that St.Louis game, I see.
As far as I know they all count.

I sold him for the following in a dynasty today.

12 team. 0.5 PPR, start 1/2/3/1

I gave: SJax, J Rodgers, 2014 1st

I get: M Ryan/1.04/2014 2nd

'FF Ninja said:
'ghostguy123 said:
Nope. That one is buried in 2011. Didn't help anyone in 2012 and surely won't help you in 2013 where his mediocrity will surely continue. Bottom line is that I'd roll the dice on getting one more year out of SJax than ride the Slaton... I mean Murray.. bandwagon into the ground.

'FF Ninja said:
'ghostguy123 said:
Nope. That one is buried in 2011. Didn't help anyone in 2012 and surely won't help you in 2013 where his mediocrity will surely continue. Bottom line is that I'd roll the dice on getting one more year out of SJax than ride the Slaton... I mean Murray.. bandwagon into the ground.
:hophead:

Users who are viewing this thread