What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steven Mann’s indiscriminate NFL annotations (1 Viewer)

Steven Mann

Footballguy
*** DISCLAIMER ***

If you are the ‘show me the stats’ ‘ kinda guy, the ‘meat and potatoes’ type of player or are in any way adverse to any type of comedic infusion into your NFL information intake, this post is not for you. On the other hand, if you enjoy a little sarcasm with just a dash of insanity in your NFL sauce, please pull up a chair and enjoy your meal. First down!

Greetings and salutations fantasy football friends… Friday is almost over, leaving you just over 24 more hours to in order to cram, contemplate, and consider who you’re gonna start/sit this week. For the past 5 days you’ve prepared, pondered, planned, and projected 10 different possible staring lineups to roll with. You’ve examined cheat sheets, rankings, estimates and all injuries. You’ve digested opinion, analysis, and in all probability downloaded a pod cast or 2. Baring any last minute injury or ‘inactive’ e-mail update, I think you’re almost equipped. Nice job.

With that in mind, what better time than now to take a step back from the research and discontinue your intensive information ingestion. In the subsequent text, I will erratically present a few random thoughts that have come across my mind throughout the NFL season thus far. Do any of these have relevance to you or your starting line-up questions? The answer is no… Conversely, please feel free to share any or all of your random thoughts within this thread. It’s been a strange year indeed. I can’t be the only one seeing it. Time to throw the flag!

Steven Mann’s indiscriminate NFL annotations.

30 Rapid Fire observations

1) Is it me or is David Carr really just an incompletion away from becoming the next great regional meteorologist.

2) Derrick Mason WR #2? Come on, you’re kidding right? 33 receptions already? Have another sip…

3) Does Dallas Clark know his performance thus far has resembled a ‘Gonzo’ flick.

4) Matt Flashback… Remember this?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_ylt=AuU...gid=20051009001 Me too… I felt the same thing. To bad I forgot to draft ‘em.

5) Is Jamie Dukes really that good or am I really that bad. http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o56/lea...e/jamieduke.jpg

6) To me, Adam Schefter is the Henry Lee of NFL analysis.

7) Even though Brett Favre never left, why does this year seem like the 'feel good' 'comeback' story of they century?

8) I’d love to be wing man for Tom Brady… Just once.

9) Does Tatum Bell play RB? And if so for whom.

10) If Travis Henry’s life story were to be optioned for a movie who plays the lead? Todd Bridges or Shawn Kemp…

Todd Bridges starring as Travis:

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Events/0616-bow/bridges2.odd

Shawn Kemp starring as Travis:

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/7662/shaw...ebiggumsbd9.jpg

11) Boldin & Fitzgerald, Chad & Housh, Kennison and Bowe?

12) I wish Jeff Garlin was in my fantasy league don’t you?

13) In every confrontation there has to be a winner and a loser. With that in mind I present the latter. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6189

14) From the ‘Official who gives a crap file’… Andy Lee in San Fran leads the NFL in punt average at 49.7 yards.

15) So far this season who’s gained more momentum, Jon Kitna, or the Canadian Dollar?

16) If Bill Belichick was in Porky’s would he’d be playing this guy?

http://www.theplaza.ca/moview/Pics/Films/1...rkys/poster.jpg

17) When Does Issac Bruce turn 50?

18) NFL post game quote of the year thus far: Mike McCarthy: “Running, Shmunning”

19) I care more about the content in John Maddens colon than I do about Olindo Mare being listed as probable this week.

20) After watching Daunte Culpepper’s end zone celebration, kinda makes ya glad it wasn’t a groin injury.

21) Subsequent to playing the role of “Southeast Jerome ", "Doctor Don't Know", “Sheriff Gonna Getcha", and "Inspector 2-2". Wouldn’t it be nice to see Clinton Portis dress up as “Durable Dave”, “long-lasting Larry” or “Injury Free Ike”. http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/...9/08/portis.jpg http://www.squibkick.com/wp-content/upload...tis-glasses.jpg http://dc.metblogs.com/archives/images/2005/12/portis2.jpg

22) I’m older than Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin. I could have done more.

23) Last year you could have traded Henson for Harrington, this year it could cost you Cutler. Say What?

24) So far this year Vernon Davis has burned more people that an out of control conflagration.

25) I think I feel an unbridled affection for Adrian Peterson. 3 cheers for keeper leagues!

26) Is it me or will Rudi Johnson flame out faster than Mike Piazza at a gay pride procession.

27) Does Chad Pennington still have an elbow?

28) How long will it take for the entire Iraqi incursion to be blamed on Norv Turner?

29) Who should I start this week next to Ronnie with Peterson on a Bye? Dayne, Pittman or Graham. You make the call…

Please List yours... Strange days indeed.

Good Luck On Sunday and have a wonderful weekend.

I'm Out

Steven Mann

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought so... Now that Green may miss the game. I am cautiously optimistic. I just hope for a clear cut #1 to emerge in TB. I'm glad I have 'em both.. Now what? lol

(8) I'd love to be wing man for Tom Brady… Just once.

(15) So far this season who's gained more momentum, Jon Kitna, or the Canadian Dollar?

(21) After watching Daunte Culpepper's end zone celebration, kinda makes ya glad it wasn't a groin injury.
#8...friggin right..that guy swims in it,#9...Going to Buffalo this weekend to spend some of my Funny Money....Oh, how the times have changed...After I get my $$ from returning my beer bottles, maybe I'll buy the Buffalo Bills and take them to Toronto...

#21...LMAO

GREAT POST...Thanks for the chuckle...

And what...no Travis Henry Jokes?...lame... :thumbup:

31) If Trent Dilfer were to take SF to the Super Bowl this year, he still would be begging for a backup job next year somewhere. Story of his life.

I like your add drops immensely but this was a big swing and miss.. but keep trying... hershey was bankrupt before he invented hershey or somthing like that

I like your add drops immensely but this was a big swing and miss.. but keep trying... hershey was bankrupt before he invented hershey or somthing like that
Colonel Sanders was 117 when he struck chicken gold... I hear ya.. All good brother. :goodposting:

I'll aim for failure...

1) Note to self.. don't ever a draft a running QB one year after an ACL injury

2) When Henry retires, will he have more pot suspensions or kids?

3) Wouldn't it be funy if Henry is supended, the Broncos trade for Ricky, and he fails a drug test too?

4) I think at this point Marty Morninweig and Kevin Kolb are a more formidable duo than Andy Reid/ McNabb

5) I miss the good old days when the Bengals were arrested every week

6) Will nike change the Steve Jackson commercial to show him tackled after only a 3-4 yard gain?

7) Is it me or does Joseph Addai look 33? (maybe he lied about his age like the Cuban baseball players or Chinese basketball players)

8) Who else wants to see more wishbone and option plays?

9) There is nothing better than watching people debate if Darby, Pierre THomas or Hall will be the next Tomlinson (whats even more priceless is reading Pierre Thomas's sister trash Reggie Bush on a Saints fan board... read it its funny)

10) Lenny Pasquerelli just reported breaking news that today is Friday

11) I think the NFL should realign the dvisions by team names (Birds, Horses or Farm Related Teams, Cats, ***** slang terms, etc...

12) Joey Harrington pwns David Carr

13) Can the long hair trend just end now

I;m out of ideas.. respect to you Mr. Mann this is hard

I'll aim for failure...1) Note to self.. don't ever a draft a running QB one year after an ACL injury2) When Henry retires, will he have more pot suspensions or kids?3) Wouldn't it be funy if Henry is supended, the Broncos trade for Ricky, and he fails a drug test too?4) I think at this point Marty Morninweig and Kevin Kolb are a more formidable duo than Andy Reid/ McNabb5) I miss the good old days when the Bengals were arrested every week6) Will nike change the Steve Jackson commercial to show him tackled after only a 3-4 yard gain?7) Is it me or does Joseph Addai look 33? (maybe he lied about his age like the Cuban baseball players or Chinese basketball players)8) Who else wants to see more wishbone and option plays?9) There is nothing better than watching people debate if Darby, Pierre THomas or Hall will be the next Tomlinson (whats even more priceless is reading Pierre Thomas's sister trash Reggie Bush on a Saints fan board... )10) Lenny Pasquerelli just reported breaking news that today is Friday11) I think the NFL should realign the dvisions by team names (Birds, Horses or Farm Related Teams, Cats, ***** slang terms, etc...12) Joey Harrington pwns David Carr13) Can the long hair trend just end nowI;m out of ideas.. respect to you Mr. Mann this is hard
:thumbup: :thumbup: :goodposting: NICE!!! 6 & 7, 10 & 11 Gold Jerry! Nice job.

20) Since joining the football guys pay site, and reading the features, I really wish I hadn’t dropped math and calculus so soon. (Killer site btw)
Classic stuff. Entertaining, Schmertaining. You should have taken a statistics class too...

1) Is it me or is David Carr really just an incompletion away from becoming the next great regional meteorologist.
:lmao: let him work in Loving County Tx, population <100 people..

2) Derrick Mason WR #2? Come on, you’re kidding right? 33 receptions already? Have another sip
:lmao:
:thumbup:
obvious attempt at a ploy
what? the fat dude from Curb your Enthusiasm? oh wait, thats Garvin, not Garlin.
15) So far this season who’s gained more momentum, Jon Kitna, or the Canadian Dollar?
Kitna.

Tanner9919 said:
:thumbup: let him work in Loving County Tx, population <100 people..

2) Derrick Mason WR #2? Come on, you’re kidding right? 33 receptions already? Have another sip
:eek:
:goodposting:
obvious attempt at a ploy
what? the fat dude from Curb your Enthusiasm? oh wait, thats Garvin, not Garlin.
Kitna.
Tanner, it's not Garlin, or Garvin... It's Golic http://www.espn.go.com/media/radio/2006/01..._garlin_422.jpg

(8) I'd love to be wing man for Tom Brady… Just once.

(15) So far this season who's gained more momentum, Jon Kitna, or the Canadian Dollar?

(21) After watching Daunte Culpepper's end zone celebration, kinda makes ya glad it wasn't a groin injury.
#8...friggin right..that guy swims in it,#9...Going to Buffalo this weekend to spend some of my Funny Money....Oh, how the times have changed...After I get my $$ from returning my beer bottles, maybe I'll buy the Buffalo Bills and take them to Toronto...

#21...LMAO

GREAT POST...Thanks for the chuckle...

And what...no Travis Henry Jokes?...lame... :wub:
Are you blind?

#33) if Kitna's Lions plays Warner's Cardinals, which team does God favor to win?
Warner. He plays for the Cardinals, so he may be the next Pope. Besides, the Lions already took out many Christians, and God wants to even the score.

Greetings and salutations fantasy football friends…Friday is almost over, leaving you just 4 more days in order to cram, contemplate, and consider who you’re gonna start/sit week for week 7. For the past few days you’ve prepared, pondered, planned, and projected 10 different possible staring lineups to roll with. You’ve examined cheat sheets, rankings, estimates and all injuries.

===============

Sam

Gus Hansen - poker player profile - The Great Dane.

Out of all my posts this is the last one I wanted to see get bumped!

Old material... Outdated... Be gentle...

I guess that's it and that's all. Time for breakfast.. Red bull and Diazepam anyone?

Good luck in '08 playa's

Users who are viewing this thread