What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Steven Mann's Who to add/drop (1 Viewer)

Steven Mann

Footballguy
STEVEN MANN'S WHO TO ADD/WHO TO DROP… AND WHY YOU MAY HAVE THE FANTASY FOOTBALL I.Q. OF A BUTTER DISH.

WEEK 3: If any or all of these players are currently on your roster you may in fact have the fantasy football I.Q. of a butter dish

DROP/DITCH/DROWN/DISCARD

Problem: JOE HORN

Let's be honest, there are a few things I believe will happen before Joe Horn puts up 1000 yards and 7 TD's again.

1) Russia will test a multi-head missile that contains nothing but shrapnel and progesterone.

2) I'll look at my wife and say "Yes Honey Sunday is a great day to do family stuff"

3) Al Jazeera will be airing re-runs of Full House during sweeps.

I promise you that at least one of the above will happen before Old Joe has any Fantasy Value again. As of this moment I don't even see the 'odd' big game happening. Also keep in mind that I am also aware that ATL just signed Leftwich. Needless to say there will be an instant comfort zone for Big Byron, as he is quite used to having nothing to throw at. Drop Joe ASAP and don't look back. If you really have a thing for old brittle receivers call your Aunt Kafka, she misses you and it would be a great way for you both to spend time together.

Solution: Drop

Problem: DEREK ANDERSON

HOLY #####! 5 TD's sure go a long way in the fantasy world don't they. I can't understand why all the others are saying 'Add' this guy. I wouldn't touch 'em with a flaming javelin. I'd rather have 'Louie' Anderson taking snaps! Stay away my friends. And for those of you that already had him on your squad before the 5 td's? Shame on you!!!! If you have no better option at QB other than Derek Anderson you should really try a NASCAR Pool. Pssst..Pick the dude in the car!

Solution: DISCARD

Problem: TARVARIS JACKSON

This guy was actually drafted in my league this year. The dude in my league said "He's gonna run for 0ver 500 yards" Now that's some great incentive. 500 yards rushing 3 td's and 95 yards on the year. Where do I sign? If Vince young is a Porsche then Tarvaris is a Hybrid Skateboard. This guy is total train wreck. Even as your 3rd QB, you are wasting a roster spot. I'd rather add the Houston D this week (next week vs. ATL) than have this guy wasting valuable bench space.

Solution: DROWN

Problem: TATUM BELL

This was trouble from day one. It's crazy that in almost every mock draft Bell was going before Jones. How many Bell owners are wishing that they had Jones instead. I understand that going into the year nobody knew if Jones was going on the Pup List. I must be honest; I would have taken Kevin Jones Before Tatum even if he were on Schindler's List. Tatum Bell couldn't even hold off a FB last year in Denver. Say ba-bye to Tatum Bell. Or better yet try and deal him to the guy who came to the draft with the '04 draft guide. Ya know the dude who drafted Eric Moulds in round 3. The guy who still thinks Lee Suggs has unlimited upside. Whatever you do make sure Tatum Bell is gone By dawn.

Solution: Ditch

Please see the toll free number that appears under my life and give generously.

S.Mann

Last edited by a moderator:
These are fine. We don't allow other websites or competing businesses to spam the boards with their info. But this doesn't look to be the case here. So they can stay.

J

These are fine. We don't allow other websites or competing businesses to spam the boards with their info. But this doesn't look to be the case here. So they can stay.J
What is this automated? Hey Joe can you like come up with something different to say, or is this a true example of copy and paste?

Question for the MANN:

Can we expect these to continue throughout the year or is this a one time thing?

Ministry of Pain said:
Doesn't the addition of Byron Lwftwich want to make you hang on to Joe Horn for at least a little while?
Not for even one second. When has Leftwich ever helped to make any of his receivers fantasy-relevant? And Horn isn't even the #1 receiver on his team, he is the 4th option in the passing game, perhaps 3rd if Dunn stays in the backfield.But if STEVEN MANN says otherwise then naturally I will discard my opinion and side with him.

Joe Bryant said:
These are fine. We don't allow other websites or competing businesses to spam the boards with their info. But this doesn't look to be the case here. So they can stay.J
Did someone actually complain that much about this? I actually think this is pretty funny. It's like Star magazine meets fantasy football.......

Ministry of Pain said:
Doesn't the addition of Byron Lwftwich want to make you hang on to Joe Horn for at least a little while?
Not for even one second. When has Leftwich ever helped to make any of his receivers fantasy-relevant? And Horn isn't even the #1 receiver on his team, he is the 4th option in the passing game, perhaps 3rd if Dunn stays in the backfield.But if STEVEN MANN says otherwise then naturally I will discard my opinion and side with him.
He starts along with White, yes? Just doesn't get the targets...maybe a better QB could find him once in awhile.

I agree with most of these, but I think Derek Anderson has some value. Let's face it, 5TD's is nothing to sneeze at, even if it was against the Bengals. I think he's an average #2 with upside, a great #3 (ya never know, we might have another Brees/Rivers situation here).

:moneybag:

I agree with most of these, but I think Derek Anderson has some value. Let's face it, 5TD's is nothing to sneeze at, even if it was against the Bengals. I think he's an average #2 with upside, a great #3 (ya never know, we might have another Brees/Rivers situation here). :goodposting:
Maybe... anything is possible...I'm still wanting to see what Brady Quinn can do in a real game. Hope it happens soon.

I agree with most of these, but I think Derek Anderson has some value. Let's face it, 5TD's is nothing to sneeze at, even if it was against the Bengals. I think he's an average #2 with upside, a great #3 (ya never know, we might have another Brees/Rivers situation here). :goodposting:
Maybe... anything is possible...I'm still wanting to see what Brady Quinn can do in a real game. Hope it happens soon.
I think Braylon and Winslow owners would be perfectly happy (####ting all over themselves happy) if Derek Anderson gets the start every week and continues to to play even close to that level. Quinn can wait as far as I'm concerned.

Just a quick question on this... Is it considered a "competing business" if their information is 100% free? Would that be okay?

Just a quick question on this... Is it considered a "competing business" if their information is 100% free? Would that be okay?
No, that wouldn't be ok. Lots of our competition offers free content. The boards are not a place where other businesses can try to lure readers over to their site. It never has been about that.An MOP or LHUCKS or another member of our boards writing a big analysis on a player is great. They're doing it to contribute to the boards.A guy from another website putting his stuff here with the idea of "Hey, FBG has built up a great audience, I'll show what I can do for those guys in hopes they'll come visit my site" is something that's never worked here.I spend way too much time, effort and money on these boards to give other businesses (for any thing) a free place to advertise.J

He starts along with White, yes? Just doesn't get the targets...maybe a better QB could find him once in awhile.
I didn't say he wasn't a starter but he is still his teams 4th option in the passing game. And it's a run-first team too.I don't see him being worth a roster spot in most leagues. What is he a #4 fantasy WR on most teams? I will take a chance on a big upside guy like Jacoby Jones long before a declining and injury prone WR with a substandard quarterback.

I understand that going into the year nobody knew if Jones was going on the Pup List. I must be honest; I would have taken Kevin Jones Before Tatum even if he were on Schindler's List. Tatum Bell couldn't even hold off a FB last year in Denver.
Hilarious and true. Good stuff Mann.

I understand that going into the year nobody knew if Jones was going on the Pup List. I must be honest; I would have taken Kevin Jones Before Tatum even if he were on Schindler's List. Tatum Bell couldn't even hold off a FB last year in Denver.
Hilarious and true. Good stuff Mann.
It got a laugh from me for shock value but being on Schindler's list was a good thing, no?

I agree with most of these, but I think Derek Anderson has some value. Let's face it, 5TD's is nothing to sneeze at, even if it was against the Bengals. I think he's an average #2 with upside, a great #3 (ya never know, we might have another Brees/Rivers situation here). :sadbanana:
I picked up Anderson as a QB3 but if STEVE MANN says DISCARD I guess I better drop him. :D

I agree with most of these, but I think Derek Anderson has some value. Let's face it, 5TD's is nothing to sneeze at, even if it was against the Bengals. I think he's an average #2 with upside, a great #3 (ya never know, we might have another Brees/Rivers situation here). :sadbanana:
I picked up Anderson as a QB3 but if STEVE MANN says DISCARD I guess I better drop him. :D
Haha... I think STEVE MANN plays in a 8 team league with no bench spots.

I agree with most of these, but I think Derek Anderson has some value. Let's face it, 5TD's is nothing to sneeze at, even if it was against the Bengals. I think he's an average #2 with upside, a great #3 (ya never know, we might have another Brees/Rivers situation here).

:sadbanana:
I picked up Anderson as a QB3 but if STEVE MANN says DISCARD I guess I better drop him. :confused:
yes, its true.Steve Mann is SO dominant that only 7 others on earth are brave enough to draft next to him.

You might as well pull out a 100 dollar bill and light it on fire.

One said:
Kirby said:
boilerdave said:

:o
I picked up Anderson as a QB3 but if STEVE MANN says DISCARD I guess I better drop him. :lmao:
yes, its true.Steve Mann is SO dominant that only 7 others on earth are brave enough to draft next to him.

You might as well pull out a 100 dollar bill and light it on fire.
First, I play in a 12 team league... Second thing is that I am not telling you what to do within the context of what I write... Opinion is always subjective. I'm also going on record as saying you don't even have to read what I write. By no means am I expert.... Nor do I claim to be. I guess I'm more like YOU...A guy who loves fantasy football and likes to share thoughts etc. Good Luck On Sunday

Users who are viewing this thread