What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Streaming Defense 2015** Week 15 - Playoffs: No time to get cute (1 Viewer)

Wow...I also picked up KC for the week. Seems like we're all on the same wavelength.

Chargers with no one left to throw to, a shaky OL, and a plodding RB. Recipe for low score and high turnover opportunities.
Which RB are you talking about?
That would be 46 ypg Melvin Gordon. Woodhead may as well just line up at WR, given how depleted they are at that position.
Woodhead + Stevie + Gates is all the receivers they need, my friend.

Wow...I also picked up KC for the week. Seems like we're all on the same wavelength.

Chargers with no one left to throw to, a shaky OL, and a plodding RB. Recipe for low score and high turnover opportunities.
Which RB are you talking about?
That would be 46 ypg Melvin Gordon. Woodhead may as well just line up at WR, given how depleted they are at that position.
Woodhead + Stevie + Gates is all the receivers they need, my friend.
Sadly for that theory, Gates doesn't look to be close enough to 100% to actually get open. If he were healthy I might be persuaded.

We will see after the game is played, no doubt.

The Ravens have sucked bad this year, but I'm throwing them in at home vs. Case Keenum and the Rams. The Rams offense could be a dumpster fire.

The Ravens have sucked bad this year, but I'm throwing them in at home vs. Case Keenum and the Rams. The Rams offense could be a dumpster fire.
I considered picking them off the WW in a few leagues for this reason. Ultimately, I didn't. I think St. L commits to Gurley this week and that is bad news for Balt. Not just fantasy, but real game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I considered picking them off the WW in a few leagues for this reason. Ultimately, I didn't. I think St. L commits to Gurley this week and that is bad news for Balt. Not just fantasy, but real game.
Well I sure don't feel good about it. I'm hoping for a cheap pick or two that could turn into a cheap TD.

I'm also rolling with kc at sd over minny at home vs gb.

Minny has been awesome for me this year. Solid. But gb doesn't turn the ball over much and while Rodgers seems to struggle every week for 3 quarters, he is throwing like 250 yards and 3 tds in the 4th Qtr of every game.

I like kc @ ad BC rivers turns the ball over. And who does he have to throw to? Floyd is gimpy, gates gimpy, Allen gone. Stevie is good. Inman sucks. Woodhead is dangerous. But I think kc is gonna penetrate that o line and create turnovers

Well I sure don't feel good about it. I'm hoping for a cheap pick or two that could turn into a cheap TD.
I am leaning Baltimore now too. Sure, stl will probably commit even more to the run, but I can't see them scoring much and it seems like a good chance of a int or 2.

What about Houston for this week against the jets and rest of season ? Match ups week 15 and (especially 16) look pretty juicy. They have been study 3 of their last 4 games.

Also bengals are decent. Have not been explosively good, but have been solid week in and week out.

I was considering the Bears, because they are one of the few teams available in my leagues that are at home this week. Decided on Baltimore in one league and Houston in the other.

I think that the Broncos offense has the biggest upside out of STL, NYJ and DEN, so I think it's a little more risky.

Los Gigantes said:
What about Houston for this week against the jets and rest of season ? Match ups week 15 and (especially 16) look pretty juicy. They have been study 3 of their last 4 games.

Also bengals are decent. Have not been explosively good, but have been solid week in and week out.
I would have assumed there's no way they'd be available, but I play in two 16-team leagues, and they were on the wire in both of them. Missed out in one league, but got them in the other.

Don't love them this week, but I think they could really emerge as the top-flight D everyone assumed they were at the beginning of the season. I'm pairing them with the Eagles, who have been solid but have a few tough match-ups down the stretch, including NE and Arizona. Those weeks, Houston has @BUF and @IND, which are just so-so, but my hope is that by that point they're playing well enough to be virtually match-up proof. Also, Week 16 they're at Tenn, which is the best matchup in fantasy.

Read this thread and thought I could get away with one more week of waiting on KC. Not after today :kicksrock:

Tampa Bay perking my interest now.

Sigh. -8 from Philly vs the 28 spot KC put up leaves me scrambling.
I had the exact same match-up this week. I don't think Philly is as bad as they looked today, but it sure isn't encouraging. I picked up Houston this week and am considering rolling them out ROS. Only hesitation is next week's matchup. Philly is at Detroit, Houston is home vs NO.

Agreed on KC I was all ready to pick this up then realized they were playing SD, I have Rivers/Woodhead so can't have my cake both ways. Pass. Keep in mind KC plays SD WK11 & WK14.
That's interesting. Didn't notice their playoff schedule. Anyone else feel SD could be a dumpster fire with their injury bug? Rivers is a solid QB but who the hell is he throwing to? Even Gates is hobbled.

KC could be the shark play down the stretch.
:ph34r:

ETA: Didn't wanna say "told you so" but that emoji just doesn't do that foresight justice :whistle:

I had the exact same match-up this week. I don't think Philly is as bad as they looked today, but it sure isn't encouraging. I picked up Houston this week and am considering rolling them out ROS. Only hesitation is next week's matchup. Philly is at Detroit, Houston is home vs NO.
I was thinking the same exact thing about Philly and I'm considering picking up Houston or the Steelers if I can't get them.

KC's W15 @Bal looking even better than before with Flacco and Forsett out, plus W14 a replay with SD this time at home, and W16 home against Cleveland. I think we've found our top target for a playoff defense. Glad I picked them up in both leagues last week, though I only started them in one.

I've been worried about the NE game as a Denver owner, but the last couple weeks have me downright petrified now. I'm actually considering the Raiders at TN.

So did Philly D get exposed? I mean "exposed" is putting it lightly. They were top 5-6 D in my league before yesterday. WTF happened? Full streaming now as Hou and KC gone in my league -

So did Philly D get exposed? I mean "exposed" is putting it lightly. They were top 5-6 D in my league before yesterday. WTF happened? Full streaming now as Hou and KC gone in my league -
Jordan Hicks was a lot better than people realized. They said a stat on the air last week. The QBR with Hicks in the game was 34.1. With him out of the game it was 75.6. I'm sure that went up with the last 2 weeks. He really was a force.

I was thinking the same exact thing about Philly and I'm considering picking up Houston or the Steelers if I can't get them.
If you can get Houston I think you have to go for it. They're playing out of their mind right now. One TD in like 14 quarters.

If you can only afford to use one roster spot for your D, I'd go with Houston even if that meant taking the one-week hit. They're worth it ROS.

If you have two, then you have a decision to make. NO obviously isn't a great match-up, though the game is in Houston. Meanwhile, Detroit has looked pretty blah on offense lately, but hard to trust Philly going forward. Classic dilemma between good D/bad match-up and mediocre D/good match-up.

Any other Jets owners thinking of ditching them for streamers? I feel like I'll give them one more week at home vs Miami, which should be a good match-up. But they've been underperforming for weeks, and now Revis is banged up.

Buffalo is out there on the WW and I'm really tempted ...

Any other Jets owners thinking of ditching them for streamers? I feel like I'll give them one more week at home vs Miami, which should be a good match-up. But they've been underperforming for weeks, and now Revis is banged up.

I'll stream them for Miami and Tenn at home but @ NYG, @ Dallas and finish up with NE, no thanks. With the exception of week 15 TB and NYJ have nice back and forth match ups. Dallas against the NYJ may be the play in week 15.

I am going to drop NYJ & run with KC for the rest of the year.

I am going to drop NYJ & run with KC for the rest of the year.
Yeah, if I could get KC it wouldn't be a question. But Buffalo has been a lot more up and down.

KC was picked up last week in my league, didnt realize how good they had been - double digits 6 weeks in a row, 15+ pts last 4 weeks. Damn. :kicksrock:

HOU is available. Might drop NE for them if they dont look good vs BUF tonight, but NE has a pretty nice ROS - @DEN, PHI, @HOU, TEN, @NYJ

Looking at wk 12, we have Detroit vs Philly and Cleveland vs Balt on the waiver wire. KC was snagged 2 weeks ago. Both of these 2 seem like they are ripe for picking up easy turnovers.

Looking at wk 12, we have Detroit vs Philly and Cleveland vs Balt on the waiver wire. KC was snagged 2 weeks ago. Both of these 2 seem like they are ripe for picking up easy turnovers.
Not sure if it changes the calculation one way or another, but it looks like Bradford may be back for the Detroit game.

After last week I can still taste a little throw up in my mouth, but is Philly a good play @ Detroit in prime time game in a tight race for the division.

Matter last week I can dull taste a little throw up in my mouth, but is Philly a good play @ Detroit in prime time in a tight race for the division.
They're either going to come out blazing because they have pride or they packed it in and quit on the coach. I think they have pride.

Matter last week I can dull taste a little throw up in my mouth, but is Philly a good play @ Detroit in prime time in a tight race for the division.
They're either going to come out blazing because they have pride or they packed it in and quit on the coach. I think they have pride.
Post proofread fail on my part. Need coffee.

Hard to say if there are better options on my wire. May just go with highest ranked flavor of the week as Philly's next three games do not look fun. (@NE, Buff, Az)

Hou vs NO - defense playing better, but you never know which Brees will show, Jekyll or Hyde

Browns vs Bal - no Flacco, no Forsett and old man Schaub throwing again. Is Hayden back?

Jay vs SD - west coast team traveling 3,000 miles with no WR , O-line and a struggling QB

Was lucky enough to snag KC off the wire last week. Looking at their remaining schedule, I don't think KC owners need to stream anymore :towelwave:

Hou vs NO - defense playing better, but you never know which Brees will show, Jekyll or Hyde

Browns vs Bal - no Flacco, no Forsett and old man Schaub throwing again. Is Hayden back?

Jay vs SD - west coast team traveling 3,000 miles with no WR , O-line and a struggling QB
of these three, JAX is the most appealing for the reason stated. Browns defense hasn't put up points all and I don't think Schaub helps the Browns cause. Most likely the Ravens have a conservative approach to this game, so unless you get points for a low scoring game, I wouldn't expect much.

of these three, JAX is the most appealing for the reason stated.
Rivers has thrown 4 Pick Sixes this season. That enhances the Jags' value as well.

No idea what to think about Philly. Their D has been pretty solid most of the season but that was an abomination vs. the Bucs. The Lions' offense has generally been a trainwreck and Stafford will make bad throws but who knows which Philly D shows up this week.

So how would you guys rank these 3 these this week?

Denver

Buffalo

Oakland
Buffalo (pass rush is improving)

Denver (Ware still out with back injury)

Oakland

The Raiders have surrendered a ton of points and don't force a lot of turnovers. Kahlil Mack is a load, Woodson is having a phenomenal year. But they've been fading the last couple weeks.

Rivers has thrown 4 Pick Sixes this season. That enhances the Jags' value as well.

No idea what to think about Philly. Their D has been pretty solid most of the season but that was an abomination vs. the Bucs. The Lions' offense has generally been a trainwreck and Stafford will make bad throws but who knows which Philly D shows up this week.
Could be losing Jordan Hicks to IR. He seemed to be their best playmaker.

Hicks is on IR. Done for the year. And yes, it is definitely a loss.

Hicks is on IR. Done for the year. And yes, it is definitely a loss.
Yeah, I meant that losing him could be what's caused them to fall off, not that it was still an open question as to whether he's going on IR.

It happened after the Dallas game. They looked so-so vs Miami and terrible this week.

I'm putting in a bunch of waiver claims for RBs this week (Allen, Coleman, Ware). No idea if I'll get them, but if I do, it will be for Philly's roster spot, and I'll roll with Houston ROS.

I didn't think the Philly D was that bad against Miami. They gave up 20 points but one TD came after a blocked punt deep in their own territory. I didn't blame the D for that loss. But the Bucs' game was an absolute and total collapse

Users who are viewing this thread