What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Subscriber Contest to be Unveiled by Wednesday Morning (1 Viewer)

Just got off the phone with Geoff at FanDuel. Here is what we can offer to the people that do not qualify (joined FanDuel through a different deal than what we offered last year) but are subscribers and play at FanDuel.

You can be eligible for the extra $35K in prizes (but not the free subscription) by doing these things:

1. Reloading $100 with FanDuel

2. Emailing Geoff at geoff@fanduel.com after depositing the $100

3. Geoff will send us a list to include these players for the additional $35K
Thanks David. This shows the kind of site that FBG is and why you're so successful.

This is the first year I have noticed early bye weeks with higher dollar amounts than they would normally have.....interesting....I like it.

:excited: this seems early to me. Maybe we've just been having more fun this summer than last year. :whistle:

I always change my entry way too often but it's fun. First "attempt" is just a rough shot using mostly stud-theory without looking at byes. The second fixes the bye week issues. I usually do a "value bucket" entry later just to get an idea of what a large roster would look like. Then, a few weeks later, I'll decide on something in the middle...

I think I'm happy with my first entry. Only one "surprise" bye week issue and it's not a major one. I think I need to switch one player. I'm sure I'll end up switching 20-something or more...

Man, does it feel like the RBs and WRs are expensive?

...ok, I didn't want to look like a fool so I compared to last year:

#1RB - 34 to 37

#1WR - 29 to 31

#10RB - 24 to 26

#10WR - 22 to 23

#20RB - 19 to 21

#20WR - 18 to 19

#30RB - 16 to 17

#30WR - 16 to 17

So I guess it's not too bad, but I feel like it's putting the squeeze on my 30 man roster. I thought for sure I could afford Reggie Bush and Bradshaw, but they are too rich for my blood. Mathews is my most expensive RB and Miles Austin is my most expensive WR.

It sure feels like a small roster is going to be the way to go. At least QB has some good value from the looks of it, but the mid-range value for RB/WR/TE doesn't feel as easy to spot as it did a year ago.

Hey, at least we have over a month this time to figure it out!

#1RB - 34 to 37

#1WR - 29 to 31

#10RB - 24 to 26

#10WR - 22 to 23

#20RB - 19 to 21

#20WR - 18 to 19

#30RB - 16 to 17

#30WR - 16 to 17

So I guess it's not too bad, but I feel like it's putting the squeeze on my 30 man roster. I thought for sure I could afford Reggie Bush and Bradshaw, but they are too rich for my blood. Mathews is my most expensive RB and Miles Austin is my most expensive WR.
I did squeeze things a bit as I wanted to put more roster sizes in play (instead of most everyone trying to field 30 man rosters). I also squeezed the early bye week players that many of you covet (while providing some discounts to late byes) to better even things out.

I don't think it's a given that the 30 player teams will dominate as easily as year's past.

So much for late summer work productivity.

Looking forward to the renewed debate about small vs large teams.

And the inevitable, "SHOW ME YOUR ROOSTER!"

Love this contest, thank you FBG.
Thanks,but I'll pass on wanting to see anyone's Rooster,at least on this board. :sadbanana:

#1RB - 34 to 37

#1WR - 29 to 31

#10RB - 24 to 26

#10WR - 22 to 23

#20RB - 19 to 21

#20WR - 18 to 19

#30RB - 16 to 17

#30WR - 16 to 17

I did squeeze things a bit as I wanted to put more roster sizes in play (instead of most everyone trying to field 30 man rosters). I also squeezed the early bye week players that many of you covet (while providing some discounts to late byes) to better even things out.

I don't think it's a given that the 30 player teams will dominate as easily as year's past.
Did you look at the results last year first?

Top five teams had rosters of 25, 18, 26, 24, and 19.

#1RB - 34 to 37

#1WR - 29 to 31

#10RB - 24 to 26

#10WR - 22 to 23

#20RB - 19 to 21

#20WR - 18 to 19

#30RB - 16 to 17

#30WR - 16 to 17

Did you look at the results last year first?

Top five teams had rosters of 25, 18, 26, 24, and 19.
I cared more about the percentage of teams advancing (and the 30 team rosters did quite well). I just wanted to make it a bit harder for 30 team rosters to start because I was releasing the values a week earlier too.

I assume that once the camp battles start to shake out this will get a lot easier, but right now I can't field a team that looks viable. Even the back-up RBs cost too much. Of course that hasn't stopped me from putting in about 8 different line-ups.

Just to clarify. I made a Fanduel deposit last year and that got my subscription here bumped through this year. Am I playing for $35,000 or $70,000?

Hey Dodds, just want to clarify - on the rules page it says, "Each team must select at least 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 PK and 1 Def/ST." That should say 2 WRs right?
Not sure that really matters since I don't see you going far only rocking 2 WR's anyways. This is what really matters:

Each week your top QB, top 2 RBs, top 2 WRs, top TE, top 2 flex (either RB, WR or TE), top PK and top Def/ST will count towards your weekly total.

Pantherz said:
Just to clarify. I made a Fanduel deposit last year and that got my subscription here bumped through this year. Am I playing for $35,000 or $70,000?
I believe $35k. You would have to reload with $100 at fanduel to play for $70k.

Pantherz said:
I assume that once the camp battles start to shake out this will get a lot easier, but right now I can't field a team that looks viable. Even the back-up RBs cost too much. Of course that hasn't stopped me from putting in about 8 different line-ups.
Yeah, it was fun to look at but it's not worth spending much time on until the injuries hit and camp battles clear up. As soon as Foster or Rice blow out a knee, this contest gets much easier. I really wish they would start this contest later in pre-season.

Pantherz said:
Yeah, it was fun to look at but it's not worth spending much time on until the injuries hit and camp battles clear up. As soon as Foster or Rice blow out a knee, this contest gets much easier. I really wish they would start this contest later in pre-season.
But then I'd have to be working right now....

I'm finding it nearly impossible to find some good value so early. I think the plan for now is to figure out which stud players to tie the wagon to, and then identify value as the preseason goes on. Hey, anything to spend an entire month planning out my team.

There are definitely some value guys right now, mostly at WR but not as much as in year's past. I'm sure more value will emerge over the next few weeks.

Ignoratio Elenchi said:
Hey Dodds, just want to clarify - on the rules page it says, "Each team must select at least 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 PK and 1 Def/ST." That should say 2 WRs right?
yes, this was a holdover from last year's rules. I changed it to 2 WRs

Silly question:

Seems like the new format devalues WR a bit from last year. Correct?
Just curious, but what about the format or scoring devalues the WR's? Off the top of my head, the only difference I see is TE's getting 1.5 PPR. What else has changed?

Silly question:

Seems like the new format devalues WR a bit from last year. Correct?
Just curious, but what about the format or scoring devalues the WR's? Off the top of my head, the only difference I see is TE's getting 1.5 PPR. What else has changed?
Like I said, I am probably just reading it wrong. But last year, didn't three WR score every week?
Just 2 WRs start, but flex was increased from 1 to 2 spots. Last year QBs earned 6 and -2. This year they are 4 and -1. We always had TE PPR = 1.5. Overall QBs and WRs are likely devalued a little bit based on these changes.

First crack at it, won't be the last one:

QB: 2 / $33

RB: 5 / $87

WR: 6 / $87

TE: 4 / $31

K: 2 / $6

DEF: 2 / $6

TOTAL: 21 / $250

So the roster you set on September 4th is your roster for the whole season? Or do you set a new lineup every week? Sorry I'm new to this.

David - Any way they could put the bye weeks on the entry form? It would make things a lot easier.

David - Any way they could put the bye weeks on the entry form? It would make things a lot easier.
Hell NO
Ain't supposed to be effin easy :) Get a schedule
I'm not sure where to find one?
Once you submit lineup, it shows byes. However:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/schedulegrid
I was kiddin. Schedules are everywhere, it'd just be nice on the entry page.

Hell NO

If they ain't the bye weeks, what are the numbers next to the players name then?

Hell NO

If they ain't the bye weeks, what are the numbers next to the players name then?
Shouldn't you be busy changing your LU?

Users who are viewing this thread