What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Subscriber Contest to be Unveiled by Wednesday Morning (2 Viewers)

I'm out.

I'd like to thank Spiller/MJD/TRich for being utterly useless this year, and my TE trio of Cook/Davis/J. Thomas for not showing up to work this week.

The rest of my team was decent. I still think those guys were good picks at the time... they had massive upside to their cost at the beginning of the season. Bleh.
I'm probably right there with you. My super safe stud at rb theory is gonna cost me (Ray Rice, Spiller, Wilson ooof). Need like a 30+ pt game from Brees tonight to reach 146. Not holding my breath.
Well, the cut line moves, right?

I'm at around 150, but the cut line always moves 5-10 points or something, so pretty sure I'm out this week.

I'm out.

I'd like to thank Spiller/MJD/TRich for being utterly useless this year, and my TE trio of Cook/Davis/J. Thomas for not showing up to work this week.

The rest of my team was decent. I still think those guys were good picks at the time... they had massive upside to their cost at the beginning of the season. Bleh.
I'm probably right there with you. My super safe stud at rb theory is gonna cost me (Ray Rice, Spiller, Wilson ooof). Need like a 30+ pt game from Brees tonight to reach 146. Not holding my breath.

I'm at around 150, but the cut line always moves 5-10 points or something, so pretty sure I'm out this week.
Yeah, I'd guess the cut ends up around 153 this week.

I'm out.

Yeah, I'd guess the cut ends up around 153 this week.
Just calculated my scores by hand. Forgot I had TEN defense :D Sitting at ~132.8 so 21 points from Brees isn't tooo much to ask for is it?

This was my worst week so far but, if I scored correctly, I still should be at 175 and change even without Hartley (-0) so I'm good this week.

At least Dwayne Bowe finally counted for me this week.

189.9 this week with Graham (-10.3) to go. Nice weeks from Charles, Dez, Thompkins, and Cameron. Julio and the Washington Def/ST also with good scores (probably one of the only times I'll use Washington D). Need someone/anyone from my RB stable of Lacy/Wilson/Bernard to step up before Charles week 10 bye if I'm going to last.

In at 173.8, so I should be ok for this week. I feel like I'm scraping by with my team, but I'm having new guys step up each week.

This week, it was Rashad Jennings giving me the unexpected big score.

168.7 + Brian Hartline (-9.7) should get me to next week, but with 5 of 24 on bye next week I won't be getting by much longer with performances like the past couple of weeks.

Have a feeling I may be scoring higher than my previous 200+ weeks. My backups scrubs (Blount, Thompkins, Washington, etc.) stepping up nicely. Kicking myself for going Brady instead of Peyton as my #1 QB. Oh well.

Cutler

Vick

Rice

Ridley

Wilson

Lacy

Powell

S. Taylor

Fitzgerald

Cruz

Wayne

Sanders

Floyd

Thompkins

Finley

Gates

Thomas

Hartley

Vinateri

Gould

Buccaneers

Ravens

Colts

= 289... I'm good for this week.

Spin said:
Phenix said:
How can you see live scores?
OC has a tool. http://ffltools.com/fbg35k/
You gotta pay for it? lol I'll pass.
I dunno I kind of like it can click on it during the games to see where I stand well worth it to me.4.99 doesn't seem like much to me.
Meh. $4.99 for something I enjoy, and certainly could not replicate on my own. I've paid $1.25 a week - I'll gladly toss him a few bones for his product.

Spin said:
Phenix said:
It's your prerogative, of course, but for a 16 week season, that works out to like 30 cents a week. It's literally not worth sitting there doing it yourself when there's already a tool that will do it for you automatically for that cheap. Well worth IMO it to support a fellow FBG who spends his own time and money to create it for everyone. :shrug:

Spin said:
Phenix said:
It's your prerogative, of course, but for a 16 week season, that works out to like 30 cents a week. It's literally not worth sitting there doing it yourself when there's already a tool that will do it for you automatically for that cheap. Well worth IMO it to support a fellow FBG who spends his own time and money to create it for everyone. :shrug:
If my MFL league scoring wasn't nearly exactly what the scoring is for the contest I'd pay the 4.99 too. If you don't have the wherewithal to set up a spreadsheet that automatically selects your starters as well as a source for up to the minute scores, OC's product is every bit worth the $5 he's asking, plus you see the cut line moving. In the end he's still probably only making minimum wage for his efforts, it's a LOT more worth than you'd think to calculate the live cut line, I know, I've done it in year's past. There's a reason that FBG doesn't do it for us...

Oh yeah...hello week 5! 195ish and done for the week. And Mr Rice, 1.7 points isn't going to cut it every week! :football:

I'm averaging 215 points per game....with a high of 234 and low of 196.

Is it just me or are we seeing much higher scores with the new scoring system? Seems like a lot of people are throwing up 200+ quite regularly. In the past 625 to 675 over the last three weeks would guarantee that your team was in the money....I'm thinking you will need to be in the 700+ range this year.

I'm averaging 215 points per game....with a high of 234 and low of 196.

Is it just me or are we seeing much higher scores with the new scoring system? Seems like a lot of people are throwing up 200+ quite regularly. In the past 625 to 675 over the last three weeks would guarantee that your team was in the money....I'm thinking you will need to be in the 700+ range this year.
Only 2 weeks for the money this year,but yea I bet you will have to score 230 to 240 each week.

Brees had 30+ points. I was dead on.

And what about a thank you Bass for putting my mind at ease that there was no way I was going to get cut?

Luck 22.6

Bush 27.3

Helu 16.4

Quizz 14.8

Bernard 13.5

Thompkins 24.7

Gordon 11.1

Vinatieri 14.6

145 so far and I have Jimmy Graham and the NO Saints tonight...easily should hit 160 perhaps even 170+, not a good week for my WRs but I love the 2 flex format which allowed some cheapies like Helu and and Quizz to make the cuts this week.

I also have Celek and NE but that is only about 10 points between the 2 of them, Graham and the Saints should move well ahead of that.
28 from Graham, 12 from NO Def, 185 for the week, should be plenty to advance and Graham must have raised the cut line some.

Cutler

Vick

Rice

Ridley

Wilson

Lacy

Powell

S. Taylor

Fitzgerald

Cruz

Wayne

Sanders

Floyd

Thompkins

Finley

Gates

Thomas

Hartley

Vinateri

Gould

Buccaneers

Ravens

Colts

= 289... I'm good for this week.
Actually =207.55, but, yeah, you're good for now

214! alright!!

seahawks 16

david akers 18.50?!

Jordan Cameron 30!

Kembrell THompkins 24.70

Demaryius 29

Dez 26

Lynch 23

Peyton 32

Woo

Still Alive, and been in Top 700 most weeks. 220.50 this week, thanks Graham and Cameron. 838.45 points so far with an average of 209.61 a week and a high of 220.60 and a low of 184.80. My first year trying this, looks to stack up pretty good but not sure as the season plays out.

As far as paying the 4.99, I have paid out enough this year for fantasy purposes, I'll check it out on Tuesdays. Maybe not being obsessed with my teams scoring is why I'm still alive. lol

Tom Brady
EJ Manuel

Trent Richardson
Reggie Bush
DeMarco Murray
David Wilson
Bilal Powell

Demaryius Thomas
Pierre Garcon
Reggie Wayne
Donnie Avery
Kenbrell Thompkins

Jimmy Graham
Jordan Cameron
Julius Thomas

Steve Hauschka
Kai Forbath

New England Patriots
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe I'm still alive with my "stud" RB core of Spiller, Forte, Wilson and Lacy. Forte and Cameron are the only guys keeping me afloat. Maybe Blackmon coming in this week can save me? Wouldn't mind seeing Amendola back either.

231.95 (#178) this week...probably my highest in this contest yet. Woot!

Some surprising contributors (Powell - 3 times, Nate Washington - 3 times). My 3 TEs (Graham, Cameron and J. Thomas) are collectively carrying my team. Pretty even usages from my 3 DEF and 3 kickers.

Reggie Bush has also surprised me. I need Amendola to get healthy and regret going with him instead of Welker. Damn!

Lots of Staff members going out this week: Bloom, Chase, Clayton, Henderson and a couple others. In past years, we'd still be weeding out primarily junk entries. This year the cuts are teams that looked solid to start, but are paying for underachievers/injuries like Wilson, Vereen, Lacy & MJD. The gamble on Gronk is also starting to backfire and burn a lot of teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of Staff members going out this week: Bloom, Chase, Clayton, Henderson and a couple others. In past years, we'd still be weeding out primarily junk entries. This year the cuts are teams that looked solid to start, but are paying for underachievers/injuries like Wilson, Vereen, Lacy & MJD. The gamble on Gronk is also starting to backfire and burn a lot of teams.
Bloom was the only one with a good team. Looks like the rest of the guys need to purchase a FBG subscription to assist them.

This entry is still alive
Code:
158.40  / 155.95
By less than 3 points. :clap: thank you thompkins and Henery.

Fred Davis and David Ausberry were a waste of money, so far Amendola has been too.

Now I'm passed Cam's bye week, so that's good. Really should have checked Bradford's opponent in week 4 when I paired those two up.

Amendola, Lacy, Blount and Bills D/ST are my only bums so far, and I don't regret any of those buys.

My survival odds still look good long-term. I may be a little light at TE.

205.60 this week thanks to Charles, Julio, Dez, Thompkins, Graham, Cameron, and the Detroit Def/ST. Now I just need Bernard, Lacy, or Wilson to step up to the plate and help out in the RB production.

UNBELIEVABLE.

Score: 155.85

Cut: 155.95

Not like I was going to make a run with this team, but to get KO'd by 1/10th of a point.... brutal.

Still alive although just barely. I really like my RBs and WRs, but think the QBs are going to kill me.

RBs: McCoy, Richardson, Gio, Wilson, J. Bell, Helu

WRs: Dez, Garcon, Hilton, Jeffery, Thompkins, Givens, Hankerson

But my QBs: Bradford, Manual. :topcat: Other than one big game from Bradford in week 2, both are averaging around 17 per game. :sadbanana:

Survived the cut but will be needing more scrubs to start stepping it up or I won't be surviving much longer.

Note to self ... Load in more players with week 4 byes next year. It think it's easier to survive a zero for a few players early against weaker competition than zeros later against tougher competition. Let the tough competition take the zeros in crunch time.

My team is heavy with underperforming guys like Amendola, Wilson and Lacy. Fortunately I'm still alive, barely. Still not liking my team overall, but I live to play another day.

199.45, with Gronk in the back pocket.

Manning, Byant, Julio, Fitz.....Thompkins, Julius, Mccoy. Solid Core

Danny Woodhead has contributed three times for me thus far.

Any teams with Graham, Juilius, and Cameron really did well for themselves....

187.95 with Gronk and an injured Roddy... Been averaging close to 190 for the first 4 weeks.

Just need AlfMo and TRich to start doing something...

Bilal Powell was a nice $3 pickup as well. Been one of my high scorers each week so far.

QB Vick (2/4) Romo (1/4) Schaub (1/4)

RB Powell (4/4) Richardson (3/4) Lacy (1/4) Wilson (0/4) Redman (0/4)

WR D Thomas (4/4) A Johnson (3/4) N Washington (2/4) Thompkins (2/4) Givens (1/4) V Brown (0/4) Streater (0/4) Kerley (0/4) J Morgan (0/4) B Gibson (0/4)

TE J Thomas (3/4) Cook (2/4) Winslow (2/4) Finley (1/4)

PK Hauschka (3/4) J Brown (1/4) Forbath (0/4)

Def Tennessee (2/4) Cincy (1/4) Washington (1/4)

20 out of 28 used

Flex distribution: RB 0, WR 4, TE 4

-QG

Users who are viewing this thread