What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Super Bowl Week: Your toughest lineup decisions (1 Viewer)

Kendall Wright @ jac

Torrey Smith v NE

Riley Cooper v CHI

Leaning wright as he's been the most consistent and is playing the worst pass defense of the three.

Reggie Bush v NYG

Chris Ivory v CLE

Andre Brown @ DET

Rashad Jennings @ SD

Bobby Rainey @ STL

Pretty sure I'm going Bush.

i guess having depth has been a huge strength for me all season. but it's making for some real tough calls here.

QB - Foles, Kaepernick, Romo

immediate thought is keeping with hot hand of Foles. even in the snow he had a real good game. But Kaepernick has been real good since he got his WR unit back and Atlanta is so bad. but biggest issue for me is if Dallas wins, that Philly game means nothing. If Dallas loses, they can clinch and make week 17 not matter. so if Dallas were to win against Washington, which I would assume, potentially i could then decide to go Kaepernick. Chip Kelley claims he's not sitting his starters, but there's no logical reason to play them for 4 quarters if the game doesn't matter. Romo has a cush matchup but I just can't pick him right now, even though he was my starter for most of the season.

RB - Murray, Stacy, Mathews. Only other choices right now would be Jennings or Andre Brown...but honestly, not sure I'd sit any of those three.

WR - D Thomas, B Marshall, M Colston. Could slip Greg Jennings, Mike Wallace or Riley Cooper in for Colston, but it's a friggin crapshoot.

TE - G. Olsen. No real other options at this point. traded T Gonzalez in the offseason to get the pick where i took Stacy. Happy how that turned out.

D/ST - my biggest weak spot. Dallas or NY Jets. Been playing the Jets and praying not to get negative points. MIGHT go Dallas only because the Redskins scare me less than the Browns, but honestly, how much can the Browns scare you? if Cro can lock down Josh Gordon maybe that's the play.

Didn't expect to be in the finals so who knows. just enjoying it right now.

i guess having depth has been a huge strength for me all season. but it's making for some real tough calls here.

QB - Foles, Kaepernick, Romo

immediate thought is keeping with hot hand of Foles. even in the snow he had a real good game. But Kaepernick has been real good since he got his WR unit back and Atlanta is so bad. but biggest issue for me is if Dallas wins, that Philly game means nothing. If Dallas loses, they can clinch and make week 17 not matter. so if Dallas were to win against Washington, which I would assume, potentially i could then decide to go Kaepernick. Chip Kelley claims he's not sitting his starters, but there's no logical reason to play them for 4 quarters if the game doesn't matter. Romo has a cush matchup but I just can't pick him right now, even though he was my starter for most of the season.

RB - Murray, Stacy, Mathews. Only other choices right now would be Jennings or Andre Brown...but honestly, not sure I'd sit any of those three.

WR - D Thomas, B Marshall, M Colston. Could slip Greg Jennings, Mike Wallace or Riley Cooper in for Colston, but it's a friggin crapshoot.

TE - G. Olsen. No real other options at this point. traded T Gonzalez in the offseason to get the pick where i took Stacy. Happy how that turned out.

D/ST - my biggest weak spot. Dallas or NY Jets. Been playing the Jets and praying not to get negative points. MIGHT go Dallas only because the Redskins scare me less than the Browns, but honestly, how much can the Browns scare you? if Cro can lock down Josh Gordon maybe that's the play.

Didn't expect to be in the finals so who knows. just enjoying it right now.
I think all of your calls are sound. Truthfully, I don't think Chip Kelly is taking his foot off the gas. I hope not, anyway (it's either Foles or Ryan for me. Sticking w/ Foles.)

I'm trying to decide between Brady and Dalton. Either of them could easily score 6 or 60.
Same here.

I think that Dalton is the right play . . . as of now.
I'm leaning that way too. Great matchup at home. He's on somewhat of a hot streak. Honestly, my biggest problem with Dalton is them bringing in Peko to play FB when they reach the 5, and taking AJ Green, their best red zone threat, off the field.

Standard scoring, I have to pick 3 RBs out of: CJ2K, Ray Rice, Zac Stacy, Ryan Mathews, Fred Jackson, Shane Vereen, and Jordan Todman. Leaning Stacy/Mathews/CJ.

Have to pick 1 kicker out of: Hauschka, outdoors at home, Akers, indoors at home, or Dawson, outdoors on the road. Opponent has Kaepernick, leaning Dawson to limit his point potential.

Djax or Vjax .5 ppr.

Djax seems like the obvious play, but I'm already starting Foles and McCoy. I don't think all three of them have gone off in the same week. It's supposed to be 66(crazy) in Philly on Sunday with a 50/50 chance of a thunderstorm, so I don't think I'll weather will be a concern.

KC D or Cleveland

INDY is tied for first with Seattle for the least amont of TOs with 14, while the Jets are tied for third with 29. Luck has only been sacked 30 times (6th least), while Geno has gone down 47 times (2nd most). KC has 43 sacks (3rd most) and the Browns have 39 (11th), so I'd give the Browns the advantage there. On the other hand KC has 35 TOs and 7 tds to Clevelands 19 TOs and 4 TDs.

Gottabesweet said:
Foles or Cutler?
Same dilemma here. Here's my thinking: Cutler has slightly better receivers (arguable), PHI pass D is terrible while CHI pass D has been ok (CHI run D is garbage). Foles has been more consistent and is playing at home. Slight advantage Cutler based primarily on the D he's facing. Thoughts?

The Foles not playing 4 quarters is all I'm worried about, can't they still finish as a 3 or 4 seed? The 3 avoids playing at Seattle..

RB: Bernard, Sproles, Ball

• thinking Bernard vs MIN @ home
Flex: Sproles, Ball, White, Streater

• planned on a healthy White based on his early returns back from injuries, but after his lackluster performance vs. WSH @ home, not too confident on the road @ SF
  • Sproles has been inconsistent plus NO on the road vs. CAR
  • Like the HOU matchup for Ball; with a blowout, should get more work; if tight, do they stick with Moreno
  • Streater could be in a shootout, but do you trust a Raider to perform for the championship?

MJD's hammy will help determine what I do- if he's out my choices at RB become more difficult

need 2 of the following

Chris Johnson

Bobby Rainey

Jordan Todman

Trent Richardson

Joique Bell

Torry Smith

For me,

there's a couple.

Foles or Rodgers, leaning Foles even if Rodgers comes back. I have Jordy, so the double pts for TD will help.

K. Wright or Welker. Welker will probably be cleared this week, but really hasn't done anything for the past 5 weeks, maybe stick with Wright.

TE spot. Have Fleener, T.Wright or D.Pitta. Missed the call last week..started Pitta, but Wright went off. Fleener didn't do sh!t.

QB: Romo, Dalton, Smith. 1/25 >100yds, 3/TD, -1.5/turnover

All have good matchups. Each has reason to win. Complicated by I have Dez and he has Charles and Green.

Currently Dalton 41%. Romo 39%, Smith 20%

RB: Moreno, Jennings, Vereen, DeAngelo, Tate. 1/25, 0.25/PPR, 6/TD, -1/fumble. TD a must for RB

Moreno 35%, Jennings 35%, DeAngelo 12.5%, Vereen 12.5%, Tate 5%

I have the championship AND points title on the line this week, with a 20 point lead heading in over the guy I'm facing.

Dalton vs Minnesota or Luck at KC

Both are top 10 QBs this year (Luck is #7 and Dalton is #9, only about 10 points behind on the season). Dalton has the better matchup, but in Cincy I can see the Bengals getting up and running a lot. Will they get up with TD passes or TD runs? I think KC will put up plenty of points which will keep Luck passing and probably playing catch-up, but on the road in KC isn't ideal. I'm leaning Dalton because of his matchup and his weapons.

Rashad Jennings at SD or Ryan Matthews vs OAK

Leaning Matthews, but both will get plenty of carries, a couple catches, and chances at TDs.

Pick a def

Kc vs indy

Buf vs mia

Det vs nyg

Pick a wr .5 ppr

White @ sf

Hilton @ kc

Baldwin vs arz

Pick 2 rbs .5 ppr

Vereen @ bal

Rainey @ stl

Todman vs ten

Sproles @ car

P.thomas @ car

Bowe vs Hilton vs G.Jennings (leaning Jennings if AP doesn't play, Hilton if he does)

AP or Vereen

Cousins or Fitz (leaning Cousins)

StL or Cle (leaning Cleveland)

As posted in another thread Brees v. Rivers. Haven't benched Brees all year, but odds really stacked against him

Rivers- Home, Brees- Road (where Brees has been quite mortal)

Rivers- going against the 30th ranked team in points given up to QBs, Brees going against the 2nd ranked team in points given up to QBs

That said, its Drew freakin' Brees. Can I really bench him?

Also, my defense. Same issue as with Brees and Rivers

Cards- 4th ranked Team Defense, but going to Seattle, as compared to the Lions who are below average but host the Giants in the best matchup possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep swapping Stafford and Fitzpatrick back and forth. Excruciating. 4 point TDs, -1 point INTs.

No idea who I'll end up going with.

Last edited by a moderator:
at RB:

Alfred Morris vs Zac Stacy vs Ryan Mathews for 2 spots

at WR:

Keenan Allen vs TY Hilton vs Mike Wallace vs Riley Cooper vs Cordarrelle Patterson - for 3 spots

sitting woodhead for todman, ppr

figure Matthews will get the bulk as theyl be running a lot to kill the clock

As posted in another thread Brees v. Rivers. Haven't benched Brees all year, but odds really stacked against him

Rivers- Home, Brees- Road (where Brees has been quite mortal)

Rivers- going against the 30th ranked team in points given up to QBs, Brees going against the 2nd ranked team in points given up to QBs

That said, its Drew freakin' Brees. Can I really bench him?

Also, my defense. Same issue as with Brees and Rivers

Cards- 4th ranked Team Defense, but going to Seattle, as compared to the Lions who are below average but host the Giants in the best matchup possible.
I am thinking of playing Russell Wilson over Brees....not sure on final decision yet.

eeeek

Have to decide between

C. Patterson and E Sanders

KC or Tenn

Jennings, Ivory, or D Williams flex

T Gonzalez @ SF or T Wright @ ST.L te

So basically half of my team could go either way, PPR with .1 per 1yd and 6 per td. I'm not liking the match ups this week with any of my players, should lose by 30.
Gonzo for sure...he will get his, and a TD is always possible.

Just two areas this week:

QB:

Cutler or Alex Smith

WR:

Alshon Jeffrey vs. Keenan Allen: Worried about the effect Cutler has on Jeffrey's targets, but Allen hasn't exactly been getting a ton of receptions lately.

Biggest one now is my RB spots in both leagues.

TD only league

Lacy, Moreno and Gore.

Right now have Lacy and Gore in there...but really think Moreno for Gore may be the right call. Can't take Lacy out the way he is carrying the Packers O and they will give him the ball any time near the GL.

Other league I have Moreno, Lacy and Bush in the lineup and feel great about that. But if MJD is out...I really want to slide Todman in somewhere. But will likely watch him have a great game on my bench as I can't see taking any of the others out.

Benching Brees for Rivers......crazy?

Brees on the road vs. Carolina.

Rivers at home vs. Raiders.

Brees has not been that great on the road....

Dalton vs Wilson

G Jennings or E Sanders

And benching one of M Wallace, Rashad Jennings, Fred Jackson in a PPR with .5 for RB

Dual flex league and I'm sitting Ellington and looking for a WR4 with some juice off the WW. Been looking at this all week and can't separate Marvin Jones, Jacoby Jones, Santana Moss and Andre Caldwell. Can come up with a convincing reason for every one of them and reasons to avoid all of them too. Might end up putting their pictures on the wall, closing my eyes and throwing a dart and picking one that way.

So this is the thread where everyone posts their own lineups asking for advice and nobody actually give the advice?

Miami or chiefs defence it's my only concern anyone want to weigh in I have very little hair left

Just two tough ones for me. Brady or Cutler. I have Marshall. KC defense or Det Defense is the other one.

My only decision probably comes up if Rodgers starts - I'm pretty much locked into Charles and Lacy at RB, and Gordon and Jeffery at WR. Flex is either R. Bush or Nelson.

I own Rodgers, Cutler and Roethlisberger, so if Rodgers plays, I'll have to consider he and Nelson. I almost hope he is ruled out.
Yeah I could have a potential Rodges/Rivers decision. I've been waiting for Rodgers for awhile now, but I'd kinda prefer he not play this week just to make it a simple decision.
I have those two as well and am almost certainly going with rivers regardless. After the way the chiefs thrashed the raiders, and green Bays tougher match up, and the rust factor...My only other one that might be up for debate is Colston vs Cooper, but I'm leaning very heavily towards Colston.
With Rodgers being out this became pretty easy - starting Cutler, Charles, Lacy, R. Bush, Gordon, Jeffery. Can't justify Nelson in there with no Rodgers.

Users who are viewing this thread