What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Survivor II Rosters Announced (1 Viewer)

cracKer

Pick Pos Name Team

1.07 RB Ricky Williams Mia - stacked

2.06 RB Deuce McAllister NO - stacked

3.07 WR Jimmy Smith Jac - stacked

4.06 RB Garrison Hearst SF - stacked

5.07 TE Tony Gonzalez KC - stacked

6.06 QB Trent Green KC - stacked

7.07 QB Michael Vick Atl - stacked

8.06 WR Koren Robinson Sea - stacked

9.07 RB Olandis Gary Den - stacked

10.06 WR Derrick Alexander Min - stacked

11.07 WR Donte' Stallworth NO - stacked

12.06 Def Chicago Bears Chi - stacked

13.07 WR Corey Bradford Hou - stacked

14.06 WR Jacquez Green Was - stacked

15.07 TE Stephen Alexander SD - stacked

16.06 PK Joe Nedney Ten - stacked

17.07 PK Jeff Chandler SF - stacked

18.06 WR Frank Sanders Ari - stacked
that's what I'm sayin'

cracKer

Pick Pos Name Team

that's what I'm sayin'
i give this post :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: and a :clown:

cracKer Pick Pos Name Team 1.07 RB Ricky Williams Mia - serious tactical error2.06 RB Deuce McAllister NO - serious tactical error3.07 WR Jimmy Smith Jac - serious tactical error4.06 RB Garrison Hearst SF - serious tactical error5.07 TE Tony Gonzalez KC - serious tactical error6.06 QB Trent Green KC - serious tactical error7.07 QB Michael Vick Atl - serious tactical error8.06 WR Koren Robinson Sea - serious tactical error9.07 RB Olandis Gary Den - serious tactical error10.06 WR Derrick Alexander Min - serious tactical error11.07 WR Donte' Stallworth NO - serious tactical error12.06 Def Chicago Bears Chi - serious tactical error13.07 WR Corey Bradford Hou - serious tactical error14.06 WR Jacquez Green Was - serious tactical error15.07 TE Stephen Alexander SD - serious tactical error16.06 PK Joe Nedney Ten - serious tactical error17.07 PK Jeff Chandler SF - serious tactical error18.06 WR Frank Sanders Ari - serious tactical error
In reality that's what happened. :P

cracKer

Pick Pos Name Team

that's what I'm sayin'
LMAO :P

Yeah, the last 2 rounds you simply cut and paste"This was my Kicker/Backup Kicker or someother scrub that I hope has one good game to keep me in contention"BTW, Our commentary must be funnier than the S1 protractor dudes.Gator

I lasted longer than Cracker.....neener neener neeeeeeener! :P My write ups were above average....even Wade gave me props and he hates me.I still say the staff here took the top 5 because I was 6th. It's a conspiracy against me. They don't want to be associated with poop eaters.

I lasted longer than Cracker.....neener neener neeeeeeener! :P My write ups were above average....even Wade gave me props and he hates me.I still say the staff here took the top 5 because I was 6th. It's a conspiracy against me. They don't want to be associated with poop eaters.
You picked all the poop!

You picked all the poop!
Best commentary of the thread so far comes from the defending (also known as former) champ.

Best commentary of the thread so far comes from the defending (also known as former) champ.
Someone needs to come and knock me off my seat, sir.(needless to say, I doubt I'll win this whole thing twice. However, until then you may refer to me as Champ :P )Gator

Someone needs to come and knock me off my seat, sir.(needless to say, I doubt I'll win this whole thing twice. However, until then you may refer to me as Champ :P )Gator
Yes sir Mr. Chump.

How about we refer to you as "Joe Millionaire" because with the lackluster roster you won with... you appear to be the luckiest ####### out there :P I'd even say Nadratowski appears to know more about survivor drafting than you :P (I'm warming up to the whole talking trash commentary idea)

Yes sir Mr. Chump.
Wow, It took 2 minutes for that one (I saw it coming).BTW, my draft was a virtuoso performance, thank you very much. Guys were dropping F bombs after at least half of my picks on how I took players they were targeting. I wish all my drafts could be like that one.GatorEdit: BTW, It would be Dr. Chump....

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's quality and not quantity posts to get invited, then sandbagger and GregR must know and have a lot of interesting material to say about football with 1600 and 1100 posts.Gatorman, I look forward to seeing your picks. You seem to dish it out quite easily, we'll see if you can take it. I was going to ask the same question as Zippy did. So seeing your bullying reply on a honost question irks me to put it politely. It could have been me you were trying to publicly humiliate on here just as easy. You probably have lots of friends don't you.

So has everyone confirmed yet? I'm available for a draft anytime except for Tuesday or Wednesday night, long as I know a little in advance. THough I guess this means I need to finish my projections, doh!

I feel genuinely honored and I'm in. I am moving this weekend - Sunday is the U-haul, big stuff/big move day - so my schedule for the next few days is spotty. I will have online access until Monday in my old house, and from Wednesday on in my new, but Tuesday I will be setting it all up in my new abode. I will probably be able to check in once or twice on Tuesday during the day, but I won't have "full on" time that day. Looking down this line of posts - Monday night or Thursday night (best option) looks liek the best time for all of us??Love the format - I've been dying to do a survivor league. Love the comments on this thread, too:Hi-Larry-Us.

Thanks for the invite. I'm honored and looking forward to matching up with the rest of these guys. I'm definitely in and can usually draft anyday or any time...Monday evenings are generally the worst, but not completely terrible.Just let me know when we're starting and I'll be there.

I think everyone has responded except 1 (RepsIpsaLoquitur). Thursday night seems to be the night so far, except for Cobalt's wacky work schedule.ANyone else have a problem with thursday?Gator

ANyone else have a problem with thursday?
Assuming Thursday the 17th...I cannot make it because I have Sports Law class Tuesday and Thursday nights. The only times I can't draft are the following:Tuesday: 5:30 P.M. - 10:00 P.M. PSTThursday: 5:30 P.M. - 7:30 P.M. PSTFinal Exams are the 19th and 21st I Believe, but I obviously will verify...those will also be at night.Other than those four time slots I'm available 24/7...the life of a student. :D

So has everyone confirmed yet? I'm available for a draft anytime except for Tuesday or Wednesday night, long as I know a little in advance. THough I guess this means I need to finish my projections, doh!
Doesn't look like GregR is available on Wednesday...this isn't looking good. How about Monday?

You guys want to PM me your e-mails and we'll do this privately? Monday is fine. Anyone.....

I haven't read through all the posts in this thread, so u might already have subs.... But, if you don't - I'd fill in for someone who doesn't show, or can't draft at the right time ... I can draft any night of the week accept for Monday. my email is juicecore@hotmail.com if u need me.

Thursday, during the day (noon-4 ET?) looks like the most likely scenario, or we all have to bite the bullet and give up a weekend time either Friday or Saturday.I am available Monday night, Wednesday night, Thursday night.I am available Monday day, Thursday day.I think if next weeknights are getting bad, we should all resolve to give up next Friday night. I'll have to break a date with the lady, but we live together so I'm sure I'll be able to re-schedule for Saturday.Incidentally - is this going to be running on the FFGuys league managment software? If it has drafting capabilities, this would be a great way for the guys to add another test on their software.LHUCKS - either in undergrad or law school, Sports Law classes, most useless classes ever (I took the class in both scenarios) - you should take them, but you are better off studying everything you can on contract law, contract negotiations, and ash kishing - and watch Jerry McGuire about 50 times to get the right "attitude" about players. Oh, and glue yourself to Arliss.Seriously, though, I know a few folks who tried breaking into sports law and you better have a backup plan, or contacts out the whazoo.

LHUCKS - either in undergrad or law school, Sports Law classes, most useless classes ever (I took the class in both scenarios) - you should take them, but you are better off studying everything you can on contract law, contract negotiations, and ash kishing - and watch Jerry McGuire about 50 times to get the right "attitude" about players. Oh, and glue yourself to Arliss.Seriously, though, I know a few folks who tried breaking into sports law and you better have a backup plan, or contacts out the whazoo.
It's summer school for Law School. And I have no visions of becoming an agent...general counsel for a franchise perhaps...but even those guys start out doing litigation most of the time. Pretty sweet class though...beats the hell out of Civ Pro.I would ditch class in a sec. for our draft, except the finals are right around the corner and final exam info. is starting to be discussed.

Just a thought - with all these schedule conflicts, how bout we do a 8-12 hour draft clock instead of trying to get everyone together at the same time?

Just a thought - with all these schedule conflicts, how bout we do a 8-12 hour draft clock instead of trying to get everyone together at the same time?
Had the same thought.

Agreed on the move to Mocks. Agreed on the lengthy draft clock - except that we must remember that, at least for me, I will not be available except maybe once or twice on Tuesday and on Sunday. Is the draft going to be e-mailing picks to a commissioner, who e-mails back? How will it work.LHUCKS - you are only in your first year, huh? GETOUT GETOUTNOW!! RUNRUNRUN!!!I'm just kidding - if you have any kinds of breaks going re: tuition/in-state cheaper tuition, scholarships, someone paying your way, it is well worth the education, contacts, and skill you develop. If you have to float the whole boat on your own, it can make for a very tough road - you leave law school with nearly a house-worth of debt to pay off. I also tend to dislike the 70-80 hour weeks expected of first year litigation associates. So, I went a radically different route after law school.Where are you going to law school? Private message me if you wish to keep it off-list.

Actually, I disagree with the long draft times. I would much prefer that we offer short draft times. Otherwise, when we're in the mid to late rounds, someone can wait 10 hours until training camps are done for the day and see if any news about Bennett's foot or Priest's hip or whatever comes out, and the whole draft suffers. It sounds like there's no easy time though so maybe we can allow a maximum of two times you can use your full 12 hours, with the exception of overnights?

wow, this may get worse than no mercy!PM me your Emails and I'll forward it to te commish (maurile??)

LHUCKS - either in undergrad or law school, Sports Law classes, most useless classes ever
One of the people in my sports law class from undergrad was Theo Epstein, now the general manager for the Red Sox. I doubt if the class had anything to do with his success, though.

Hey Res Ipsa Loquitur,I see you lurking on the thread...you gonna throw your hat into the ring?Cheers
REading and reading and reading..During the day would NOT be great for me.. Evenings are fine.. just a little notice please..

BTW, we drafted last year at a site (MFL?) so don't worry aboot that.We'll egt it all figured out, but I, for one, would like to avoid the endless email style draft...Gator

Missing 1 emailSandBagWill send out an email once I got 'em allEdit: Down to 1

Because we need the commentary quickly we will pick a time where everyone can draft. This will not be an email draft. I suggest one of you create a grid of 4 hour blocks (separated by an hour) and have people respond yes or no.Example (All times Eastern):Monday 8:00am - noon Monday 9:00am - 1:00pmMonday 10:00am - 2:00pmetc for the next week. If there is no good time, We will select a league time that best suits the five returning members and select someone else to replace the person who can not draft.More info:As a participant, you are entitled to one of the following:shirt, hat or FBG subscription for this seasonWe definitely have to wrap up the commentary before August 1st so we have to draft next week.We will be drafting using MFL software (and then I will convert the data) for the website.

2 guys left for emails.Before we go to david's suggestion, does anyone have a problem with next friday PM?BTW David, who's overseeing? Maurile or did someone else get the short straw this year?

Being a left-coaster has it's problems. I can draft any night after about 8:00 p.m EDT, or on weekends. It's really hard to hit the morning times as I start work at 6:30 PDT and have a 45 minute drive to get there.

Users who are viewing this thread