What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

talk me out of or into rb/rb (1 Viewer)

Grits_Blitz

Footballguy
1.8. Thinking of going ball. Everyone will expect me to go marshall nelson maybe big 3 qb or graham in 2nd round. Would going doug martin be shark move or just dumb.

Non ppr. Flex. 12 teamer

I'm not, in a 12 man league at 1.7 I landed.. with my first 5 pics

Forte

Lacy

Nelson

Gronk

V Jackson

Crabtree

1.8. Thinking of going ball. Everyone will expect me to go marshall nelson maybe big 3 qb or graham in 2nd round. Would going doug martin be shark move or just dumb.

Non ppr. Flex. 12 teamer
First of all why would you ever Lock into drafting by position? Take the best player for that league

I do understand wanting a good RB in the first round and with no ppr, Ball seems like a good pick at 1.08, BUT just take the best player available for your team at 2.05 whether RB or WR or Grahaam (it shouldn't be a QB)

BUT secondly I can't imagine Martin is the right pick in the second so just Dumb

Non ppr. Flex. 12 teamer
There are very few RBs who have potential for 300 touches this year having 2 of them is a huge advantage over everyone else.

Doug Martin had over 1900 yds and 12 TDs as a rookie ... There is only one WR that could even come close to those numbers and he will be long gone. . Martin likely wont reach those numbers but we know he is capable of doing it.

Unless one of the top 4 Receivers (i.e AJ Green or Bryant) is available, the choice is Martin

Non ppr. Flex. 12 teamer
First of all why would you ever Lock into drafting by position? Take the best player for that league

I do understand wanting a good RB in the first round and with no ppr, Ball seems like a good pick at 1.08, BUT just take the best player available for your team at 2.05 whether RB or WR or Grahaam (it shouldn't be a QB)

BUT secondly I can't imagine Martin is the right pick in the second so just Dumb
How is Martin is the 2nd dumb? His value has slowly climbed into the 2nd (after being a consensus 3rd rounder) as the preseason progressed. Martin looked very good, Sims and James went down, they acquired an all-pro lineman and the offense in general looked rather formidable. Very few RBs have his skill set and are guaranteed as many touches as he is. I'm quite mad I wasn't able to grab him this year.

Anyway, upside down drafting, really only applies to PPR. In standard, I think going RB/RB is fine and IMO preferable.

I'm picking 9 out of 12 in a non-ppr 2rb/2wr/1flex league and have been considering the same. However, I've been doing tons of mocks and actually like the makeup of my team best when I go RB/WR or WR/RB.

Sample first 8 picks going RB/RB

QB: Romo

RB: Lynch, Murray, MJD

WR: Patterson, Sanders, Tate

TE: Gronk

Sample first 8 picks going RB/WR

QB: Romo

RB: Lynch, Jennings, MJD

WR: Julio, Sanders, Colston

TE: Gronk

Of course, if none of the tier 1 WRs fall to you in the 2nd then that probably tips your hand into RB/RB, but if they do then I think that may be the route to go.

Ilov80s said:
I'm not, in a 12 man league at 1.7 I landed.. with my first 5 pics

Forte

Lacy

Nelson

Gronk

V Jackson

Crabtree
I applaud your good fortune, but wouldn't recommend anyone else hope for this treasure trove.
Anytime you can acquire 6 players with your first 5 picks, you have to jump at it! :lol:
He must have had a 2 for 1 coupon on his first round pick.
There's a BOGO on 1st round running backs but it expires tonight so use it fast.

Users who are viewing this thread