What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Mark Andrews, BAL (1 Viewer)

Likely was just picked up in our league and with Ravens on bye, somethings up.
How so? Because he was picked up? Who'd he drop for him?
He must have had a roster spot available as he didn’t drop anyone. More telling is he owns Kelce and Dulcich, so he’s just keeping him from another team. This is redraft.
So the "somethings up" is that he is keeping him from another team? I'd be more impressed if you said he was looking to now trade Kelce or dropping Dulcich for him

He must have had a roster spot available as he didn’t drop anyone. More telling is he owns Kelce and Dulcich, so he’s just keeping him from another team. This is redraft.
There's nothing "telling" about it IMO, he's taking an end of bench flyer that may or may not pan out.

There's nothing "telling" about it IMO, he's taking an end of bench flyer that may or may not pan out.
Yeah perhaps. Just odd knowing the league.

I mean, there's definitely some smoke and thus concern, but it certainly doesn't seem to be indicative of knowing something we don't all already know. He didn't even have to drop anyone, just pre-emptively pick him up and wait for the update.

I listen to pretty much every Establish the Run podcast. Silva and Adam Levitan are really good. Don’t remember hearing this.

I mean, there's definitely some smoke and thus concern, but it certainly doesn't seem to be indicative of knowing something we don't all already know. He didn't even have to drop anyone, just pre-emptively pick him up and wait for the update.
Yeah, who knows. This isn’t a high stakes league. It’s LIKELY nothing (sorry). Oddly, I played Likely last week and dropped him.

I listen to pretty much every Establish the Run podcast. Silva and Adam Levitan are really good. Don’t remember hearing this.

they‘re my faves.

early in the week it was mentioned that there were rumblings about andrews missing week 11

this weeks afc episode mentioned the espn graphic

neither guy was reporting that andrews would actually miss time

No one is really going to know anything until next Friday’s injury report, but it’s a good pickup at a scarce position.

In case people are looking to buy/sell, Andrews was just traded this morning in one of my leagues straight up for Stevenson.

Ravens HC John Harbaugh told reporters that TE Mark Andrews (shoulder) has a "really good chance" to play in Week 11 against the Panthers.​

Andrews missed Week 9 and then had a bye week to heal up, but he still doesn't look like a lock to return against the Panthers. His practice reports will be critical to monitor this week. If Andrews can't go, rookie TE Isaiah Likely will be a spot-startable TE1. The Ravens can also be expected to lean more on the run game if their top receiver is unavailable.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Jamison Hensley on Twitter
Nov 14, 2022, 4:48 PM ET

Mark Andrews (shoulder) was absent from the portion of Ravens practice open to the media on Thursday.​

The same thing happened Wednesday, but Andrews eventually did enough to get slapped with a "limited" tag. That could happen again on Thursday, though it isn't a great sign that Andrews didn't progress enough from Wednesday to do more in the open session. It remains possible the Ravens are simply limiting Andrews' reps as much as possible. He should be considered genuinely questionable to face the Panthers.
Nov 17, 2022, 2:09 PM ET

Ravens coach John Harbaugh said Mark Andrews (shoulder) will be a game-day decision for Week 11 against the Panthers.​

Andrews was actually at the start of practice on Friday -- unlike the last two days when he was not but was snuck on to the injury report as limited after the reporters left -- so that's a good sign. He's likely truly questionable this week. Season-long players should have a contingency plan ready, but obviously it's hard to not start Andrews if he actually plays. It's not like the free agency pool is clogged with more dependable tight ends.
Nov 18, 2022, 1:46 PM ET

Probably on the bench for me. Don’t like this one bit. I had heard whispers that this was more serious but fully expected Andrews back after missing a week then the bye.

Probably on the bench for me. Don’t like this one bit. I had heard whispers that this was more serious but fully expected Andrews back after missing a week then the bye.
The last game he was competing in and then had to exit the game, he was holding his arm or shoulder in a way that looked like there was something in the nerves, hard to describe but you know what you are looking at when he is wincing and I think he could have a pinched nerve perhaps in the shoulder or arm, can be very painful and not often listed on an IR as that exact thing.

GTD not gonna work for me either. Likely looks like he will have another big game.

Everything I read and am reading said Andrews would be fine after the bye week..... As an Andrews owner I decided instead of paying for a starting te as a backup I would just spend a buck and get likely as a backup. Turns out somebody thought he was worth 7 bucks . Seems kind of odd someone would want likely with other starters who were actually doing well ( guy didnt even bid on tyler higbee which seems weird) I am not bidding 8 bucks or more on a backup te , even if he is mine. Picked up Know instead.

ESPN's Adam Schefter has confirmed Mark Andrews (shoulder, questionable) is expected to be active for Sunday's game against the Panthers.​

The Ravens have tried to claim Andrews will be a game-time decision, but he was a full participant in Friday's practice. If you are full on Friday, you essentially always suit up on Sunday. Perhaps Andrews is a true game-time call in that pre-game warmups will be his final test, but at this point, it would take a setback to hold him out.
SOURCE: ESPN
Nov 20, 2022, 12:54 AM ET

Mark Andrews caught 4-of-7 targets for 53 yards in the Ravens' Week 13 win against the Broncos.​

Andrews hasn't scored a touchdown for nearly two months and has more than four receptions just once since the middle of October. The Ravens offense is in shambles, completely without an identity and mostly leaning toward the run whenever possible. Against the Broncos, Andrews was Tyler Huntley's main target after Lamar Jackson left the game with a knee injury. The Pro Bowl tight end shouldn't be affected at all if Huntley has to start a game or two for Baltimore. Andrews' fantasy production has fallen to concerning levels, though he remains a must-start who continues to be targeted on a high rate of his routes.
Dec 4, 2022, 4:48 PM ET

Is this guy top 5 dynasty asset? I think so
Top 5 overall? I don't see it.
Name your top 5 or 6.
I think I got Jefferson, Chase, Jonathan Taylor, Lamb, Andrews.
Keep in mind this is 1.5ppr for TEs
Most leagues still aren't TE premium so I assume he wasn't talking about that but at least you can make a better argument for him there. Personally I'd have him behind those guys and Barkley, McCaffrey, Brown and Walker as well, and in non-TE premium there are a handful more I'd put ahead of him.

Really like him, but kind of odd timing for that question IMO considering he hasn't had a really good game in almost 2 months.

Is this guy top 5 dynasty asset? I think so
Top 5 overall? I don't see it.
Name your top 5 or 6.
I think I got Jefferson, Chase, Jonathan Taylor, Lamb, Andrews.
Keep in mind this is 1.5ppr for TEs
Most leagues still aren't TE premium so I assume he wasn't talking about that but at least you can make a better argument for him there. Personally I'd have him behind those guys and Barkley, McCaffrey, Brown and Walker as well, and in non-TE premium there are a handful more I'd put ahead of him.

Really like him, but kind of odd timing for that question IMO considering he hasn't had a really good game in almost 2 months.
He was hurt. It happens. Even moreso to the guys you mentioned

To me it's scarcity. No one has TE, Kelce is old. If a bunch of TE emerge, he's not as valuable. Until then, you have advantage at TE every week

To me it's scarcity. No one has TE, Kelce is old. If a bunch of TE emerge, he's not as valuable. Until then, you have advantage at TE every week
He's given you an advantage at TE only 4 weeks this year.

Again, I love the guy, but he's only had 1 great season so far. This is arguably his worst season since his rookie year, there's just no way he's a top 5 dynasty asset IMO.

This week, another abysmal game that surely finished off most of his poor owners.

Can't say he's a top 5 dynasty asset, but.. maybe he's a good value now. This season he WAS on track for a huge season before the injury. After that, I don't know what happened but, he was not looking like a one-year wonder.

I drafted him as my WR2 in a non TE mandatory league. It’s been so bad with the injuries to Lamar and Andrews. Baltimore isn’t going anywhere with this bland offense. Doesn’t matter if Dobbins gets over 100 yards when you score less than 10 points ( still would have been less than 10 even if Tucker makes the 2 FG’s). I watched the routes and Andrews isn’t getting obvious separation a lot. Probably time to bench him for good. If Lamar comes back maybe I’ll play him.

Andrews is solid, but I doubt the volume will be there for startable numbers.

Think about stashing Hayden Hurst instead. He's an elite athlete for a TE and should be a factor once he comes back from his foot injury.

He was looking great in training camp and I think was on track to be Baltimore's starter before he got hurt.
funny to look back at some of this

Latest thoughts on Andrews?

Monken’s new offense is supposed to be more pass heavy, although there are more viable mouths to feed (Flowers/OBJ/Bateman/even Likely) than he’s ever had to deal with.

Not so thinly veiled AC question: how would you view his upside - both redraft and dynasty - versus Pitts?

Latest thoughts on Andrews?

Monken’s new offense is supposed to be more pass heavy, although there are more viable mouths to feed (Flowers/OBJ/Bateman/even Likely) than he’s ever had to deal with.

Not so thinly veiled AC question: how would you view his upside - both redraft and dynasty - versus Pitts?
I'd have Andrews well ahead of Pitts in redraft, and probably more team makeup (full rebuild?) dependent in dynasty.

I'll take the position of there really aren't other mouths to feed in the passing game, those guys are all competing for looks with each other behind Andrews. Andrews target share isn't going anywhere, he's the clear go-to guy in that offense and could actually be better with them on board as he's harder to double team.

He's probably not Kelce, but at least in redraft, I think he's a ton better than everyone else, and is closer to Kelce than he is to the guys behind him.

Am I too optimistic to think that 100+ catches should be the expectation for Andrews this year?

Two years ago, he finished as TE1 with a stat line of 107-1361-9. Last year his year-end numbers disappointed with only 73-847-5. HOWEVER, he was absolutely tearing it up at the beginning of last year before getting banged up. His first six games, he was on pace for 110-1289-14. Now he gets on OC that is going to bring a more up-tempo offense with more passing. *Also worth noting that the leading receiver for Monken’s 2022 UGA team was a tight end. Most projections I see have him more in line for a similar stat line as what he finished with last year, and I don’t really understand that unless they are expecting an injury.

I just read the recent FBG article about Kelce and Andrews, and saw multiple writers say they have Hockenson ahead of Andrews, including Waldman having Andrews at 62nd overall. This made me want to check with you guys to see if my view is way off. 62nd overall just seems absurd to me, and I’m just not seeing Hock being a better option. I could see preferring Hock at ADP over Andrews, but just outright seems odd, especially since Andrews is likely the top passing option on his team whereas Hock will likely be the 3rd once Addison gets going, and is at best the 2nd option.

The only concern I have with taking him early is that I’m also similarly high on Darren Waller, and getting him a few rounds later would be preferable, but there’s also a good chance somebody would snipe him in my league…plus he comes with a bit more injury risk.

As noted above, my only concern is how much Flowers/OBJ/Bateman eat into Andrews' receptions, as he's never had this talented of a group around him. That said, Flowers has a lot of potential but is still an unproven rookie, OBJ may be toast, and Bateman hasn't been the bastion of health and hasn't exactly proven much himself.

Odell Beckham Jr

Zay Flowers

Rashod Bateman

$200,000,000.00 for Lamar Jackson

Mark Andrews is going to be running routes into the flat with this new OC and freeing up the speed and skill sets of all this talent at WR as they run into the corners of the end zone to catch TD passes from Lamar Jackson.

Mark Andrews is going to be a Fantasy Bust as a Top 25 overall pick in 2023.

Odell Beckham Jr

Zay Flowers

Rashod Bateman

Mark Andrews is going to be running routes into the flat with this new OC and freeing up the speed and skill sets of all this talent at WR as they run into the corners of the end zone to catch TD passes from Lamar Jackson.

I haven't seen many (if any) instances of Andrews going top-25. He's pretty routinely available in round 3, sometimes even at the 3/4 turn.

Mark Andrews 100% won't be sitting in the flats. That isn't how Todd Monken's offense works at all. He focuses on getting TEs up the seam, something Andrews does as well as anybody, and on iso-routes. Cameron Brate and OJ Howard (before injury) had top-8 seasons when he was Tampa's OC, and those guys aren't half the talents Andrews is, and were competing with Mike Evans, who is/was twice the WR anyone the Ravens have, (plus D-Jax/young Godwin too, so a better 3-wide set) for looks. Look at Brock Bowers and Darnell Washington at Georgia with 15+ YPR, and redzone targets.

None of Beckham, Flowers, or Bateman are the difference makers Andrews is, they will all take a backseat to him in the pecking order. Personally, I think this passing game will be somewhat similar to KC's, where you want the QB/TE, and everybody else is a crapshoot. Obviously Mahomes/Kelce>Jackson/Andrews, but its gonna look pretty similar.

Odell Beckham Jr

Zay Flowers

Rashod Bateman

I haven't seen many (if any) instances of Andrews going top-25. He's pretty routinely available in round 3, sometimes even at the 3/4 turn.

Mark Andrews 100% won't be sitting in the flats. That isn't how Todd Monken's offense works at all. He focuses on getting TEs up the seam, something Andrews does as well as anybody, and on iso-routes. Cameron Brate and OJ Howard (before injury) had top-8 seasons when he was Tampa's OC, and those guys aren't half the talents Andrews is, and were competing with Mike Evans, who is/was twice the WR anyone the Ravens have, (plus D-Jax/young Godwin too, so a better 3-wide set) for looks. Look at Brock Bowers and Darnell Washington at Georgia with 15+ YPR, and redzone targets.

None of Beckham, Flowers, or Bateman are the difference makers Andrews is, they will all take a backseat to him in the pecking order. Personally, I think this passing game will be somewhat similar to KC's, where you want the QB/TE, and everybody else is a crapshoot. Obviously Mahomes/Kelce>Jackson/Andrews, but its gonna look pretty similar.
We're going to agree to disagree, your points are well taken, let's see where we are at Week 4, Week 8, but I see Andrews going on the 2/3 turns and that's about 25th, I don't want to split hairs but I think TJ Hock will have a much better season and can be had in the late 4th/early 5th, much better selection IMHO. Viking are going to throw throw throw and he was one of the most targeted TEs in the NFL 2nd Half of the season, look for more of that in '23.

Thanks Trav

Odell Beckham Jr

Zay Flowers

Rashod Bateman

We're going to agree to disagree, your points are well taken, let's see where we are at Week 4, Week 8, but I see Andrews going on the 2/3 turns and that's about 25th, I don't want to split hairs but I think TJ Hock will have a much better season and can be had in the late 4th/early 5th, much better selection IMHO. Viking are going to throw throw throw and he was one of the most targeted TEs in the NFL 2nd Half of the season, look for more of that in '23.

Thanks Trav
I've been planning on Andrews at 3.1 but now I think both he and Hockenson are a reach there. The DD keeps elevating TE's as we only start 1WR, 1RB, 1 TE, 4 Flex.

I hope Andrews ADP stays a bit low. He's still Lamar's BFF and likely still the main red zone target. I'll gladly draft Andrews in the 3rd round depending how the draft is going. Again, a lot depends on settings and how the league is drafting.

What hasn't changed - he's still a beast and him and Lamar have a great connection.

Odell Beckham Jr

Zay Flowers

Rashod Bateman

Thanks Trav
I've been planning on Andrews at 3.1 but now I think both he and Hockenson are a reach there. The DD keeps elevating TE's as we only start 1WR, 1RB, 1 TE, 4 Flex.
I do like Hock as well but everyone points to OBJ (who can't stay healthy) and Flowers as detractors for why they shouldn't draft Andrews but Hock has just as much competition with Addison coming to town and don't forget Osborn had 90 targets last year who will still be involved. I do like both but too many are writing off Andrews.

Andrews finishes the last 4 years (#4, 1, 6, 5) at the TE position and last year he got banged up a bit. And if we want to talk about banged up Hock has more games missed over the past 4 years than Andrews.

Again I like both guys and it is nice that Hock is cheaper but we have people in here saying Andrews is a bust....

Users who are viewing this thread