What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tebow's Value? (1 Viewer)

don't know about trades, but i drastically overestimated how much to bid for him on auction waivers. i ended up with him everywhere. i'm surprised more people aren't intrigued by the potential of points from running yards/TDs

You didn't overbid, everyone else underbid.
:goodposting: Tebow has put up 23+ fantasy points (in most standard scoring formats) everytime he has started a football game. Those are borderline QB1 numbers. For guys that had P.Manning, Flacco, Freeman, Henne, Orton, Sanchez, Kolb, etc. those stats would be welcome bump.Granted it's a small sample size, but he has still shown some very intriguing flashes.

In a 12-team standard league, I was offered Willis McGahee after I got Tebow off waivers. This is after I just traded McGahee to that guy earlier in the week. Some people...

So far, interest seems quiet in both leagues where I own him. I'm sure the bye week is helping, as is the fact that QB is pretty deep this year. I'm not looking to trade him, as I think his value will ultimately be better for me than what I'd get back for him.

You cannot equate past performance of Teblow to what he will face as a starter. Teams can now plan for him (which isn't difficult at the NFL level) and his stats are going to plummet. I wouldn't give 2 used tampons for him personally.

You cannot equate past performance of Teblow to what he will face as a starter. Teams can now plan for him (which isn't difficult at the NFL level) and his stats are going to plummet. I wouldn't give 2 used tampons for him personally.
You're only looking at one side of the equation. You don't think Tebow will improve, but everyone else will? It doesn't follow. Is there enough film on Tebow at the NFL level to even scheme for him?

You're only looking at one side of the equation. You don't think Tebow will improve, but everyone else will? It doesn't follow. Is there enough film on Tebow at the NFL level to even scheme for him?
Notice the user name and what Tebow did to that school while he was in college. Also the use of "Teblow" tells you all you need to know about the guys agenda.

Last edited by a moderator:
Notice the user name and what Tebow did to that school while he was in college. Also the use of "Teblow" tells you all you need to know about the guys agenda.
:goodposting: Silly FF-ers who let personal feelings get in the way of good FF decisions."I'm not taking Brady - I can't stand the Patriots" :lmao:

I have Vick as my QB with no backup. I have Marshall as my WR3. Traded away Marshall + Ryan Grant for Colston + Tebow. Grant was just a throw-in and no value to either team. Tebow will start during Vick's bye next week, and gives me a high-upside backup who might fetch more in a trade down the line (or I keep Tebow/trade Vick).

Tebow is for sure that not the center piece of this deal but hes in it:

12 team .5 ppr start 2rb 3wr 1 flex

I picked up Tebow off of the WW. I got offered Nicks for Tebow and F.Gore. I accepted very quick. The owner would not take Gore for Nicks the week before. He is desperate at qb like I am at wr.

i drastically overestimated how much to bid for him
I did the same thing. My league has a $50 budget, I had $29 left and I was going to bid between $7-$9 for Tebow and all week long I was confident I could get him for that price. At the last minute, I decided to be more aggressive and bid $20 to ensure I got him. As it turned out, my original $7-$9 bid would have gotten him. So now I'm down to only $9 the rest of the season. We can make $0 bids but this still sucks. I'm not real happy with myself right now.

I gave JStew and a ww pickup to get Tebow. I have Foster, D Thomas, Starks, Ingram, D Will & Tate also so JStew was expendable.

I was at #8 in the waiver order in my league and while I think many people in the league couldn't have cared less about him I know there are a few who would have snagged him so I made the trade to a guy at #4 in the waiver order.

i drastically overestimated how much to bid for him
I did the same thing. My league has a $50 budget, I had $29 left and I was going to bid between $7-$9 for Tebow and all week long I was confident I could get him for that price. At the last minute, I decided to be more aggressive and bid $20 to ensure I got him. As it turned out, my original $7-$9 bid would have gotten him. So now I'm down to only $9 the rest of the season. We can make $0 bids but this still sucks. I'm not real happy with myself right now.
i'm going with this guy's theory ;)

In a 12-team standard league, I was offered Willis McGahee after I got Tebow off waivers. This is after I just traded McGahee to that guy earlier in the week. Some people...So far, interest seems quiet in both leagues where I own him. I'm sure the bye week is helping, as is the fact that QB is pretty deep this year. I'm not looking to trade him, as I think his value will ultimately be better for me than what I'd get back for him.
Yea the best offer I could get for him was Dalton and a 1st (guy is 2nd best in the league today, so it projects to the end of the 1st round). I'll be turning that down. I think at least right now the only people interested in trading for him only want him if they can get him at a discount because he isn't a proven fantasy commodity (yes people, 3 games is a small sample size). So I expect that I'll either be enjoying his points while he starts or at least waiting till week 8 or 9 to get better value.

I hope you guys are right. :) I'm mainly mad at myself for not trusting my gut when it came to how much I could afford to spend for Tebow. I'm glad I got him but I really wish I had about $13 of that money back. Oh well.

On a semi-related note, does anyone know how to check what the other bids for FA were after the bidding is done? I'd like to see what Tebow could have gone for.

On a semi-related note, does anyone know how to check what the other bids for FA were after the bidding is done? I'd like to see what Tebow could have gone for.
In MFL, go to the tab "Previously Processed Waivers", and it gives all the bidding info out. It's also a great way to target potential buy lows of teams that tried and failed to claim someone off waivers.

I got him with the 5th waiver priority in my main league and I couldn't be happier. There's no one else on my wire with as much upside.

I just finished watching the E:60 on Tebow. DAMN! He works out like crazy. He's definitely physical enough to take some hits in the NFL.

I got him with the 5th waiver priority in my main league and I couldn't be happier. There's no one else on my wire with as much upside.
Same. I dont really even need him, I figure worst case I dangle him as trade bait if he plays well enough coming off the bye.

12 team standard scoring non-ppr w/ 1 keeper.

I traded Tebow, J. Battle & David Nelson and my 6th round pick next year for

VJax, Boldin, De Murray and his 11th pick next year.

In dire need of WR help and I think I did ok as I did preemptive WW pickups on Tebow & Battle a few weeks ago. I didn't want to part w/ a 6th round pick but this owner is already looking at '12 and wouldn't do it unless.

In MFL, go to the tab "Previously Processed Waivers", and it gives all the bidding info out. It's also a great way to target potential buy lows of teams that tried and failed to claim someone off waivers.
Next highest was $91, oh well. I was $80 higher.

I've been doing MFL since 2008 I can't believe I never noticed that. Thank you sire. :thumbup:

Would anyone drop an underperforming Matt Ryan for this guy? What about a recently underperforming Ryan Fitzpatrick?

I've been doing MFL since 2008 I can't believe I never noticed that. Thank you sire. :thumbup:
Where at? I don;t see it.

:goodposting: Tebow has put up 23+ fantasy points (in most standard scoring formats) everytime he has started a football game. Those are borderline QB1 numbers. For guys that had P.Manning, Flacco, Freeman, Henne, Orton, Sanchez, Kolb, etc. those stats would be welcome bump.Granted it's a small sample size, but he has still shown some very intriguing flashes.
For what its worth I think he's going to dissappoint and will not repeat what he did last year. I picked him up in 2 leagues. How valuable was Vick when he was in Atlanta. He was not a top 10 QB and I wanted nothing to do with him. Why will Tebow be so much better? The 3 games he played last year was a relatively small sample size

you go to reports on top and then franchise

you go to reports on top and then franchise
The commish has to enable the feature or you will not have it.

:goodposting: Tebow has put up 23+ fantasy points (in most standard scoring formats) everytime he has started a football game. Those are borderline QB1 numbers. For guys that had P.Manning, Flacco, Freeman, Henne, Orton, Sanchez, Kolb, etc. those stats would be welcome bump.

Granted it's a small sample size, but he has still shown some very intriguing flashes.
For what its worth I think he's going to dissappoint and will not repeat what he did last year. I picked him up in 2 leagues. How valuable was Vick when he was in Atlanta. He was not a top 10 QB and I wanted nothing to do with him. Why will Tebow be so much better? The 3 games he played last year was a relatively small sample size
Vick was a top fantasy QB, despite not being a great NFL QB. That's part of the point here. 2002 - QB4

2003 - Injured, only played 5 games

2004 - QB12

2005 - QB10

2006 - QB4

Now, Tebow may not hit those rushing stats in full, but that's one reason why people are interested in him, especially as a free pick off the waiver wire. QBs who get a lot of rushing production always have that kind of upside. Tebow's sample size is small, but I'd say it's a way more encouraging indicator than if he'd totally bombed those games.

I talked to one of the guys in my league who was QB shopping this week too (he dropped Kolb). He said he liked Tebow but thought somebody was going to massively overpay and he didn't want to be the guy who did that. So he spent less and got Cassel.

In retrospect, I clearly overpaid to get Tebow. Even if he becomes a Top 10 fantasy QB (which he now has to be to justify the price I paid for him), I still could have gotten him much cheaper and had a lot more money to spend on other FAs the rest of the season. Here's hoping all of us who spent heavy on Tebow don't need a support group as the season goes along. :)

I talked to one of the guys in my league who was QB shopping this week too (he dropped Kolb). He said he liked Tebow but thought somebody was going to massively overpay and he didn't want to be the guy who did that. So he spent less and got Cassel.In retrospect, I clearly overpaid to get Tebow. Even if he becomes a Top 10 fantasy QB (which he now has to be to justify the price I paid for him), I still could have gotten him much cheaper and had a lot more money to spend on other FAs the rest of the season. Here's hoping all of us who spent heavy on Tebow don't need a support group as the season goes along. :)
I'm right there with you if you need some support in the "massively overpaid for Tebow" support group. I think we'll be just fine. Look at it this way. It's week 6, and bye weeks are coming up. Tebow has a good shot at going off as your bye week QB with upside to sell high just before your FF trade deadline. Waiver wire cash reserves are kind of worthless once bye weeks are past, as your starting lineups become solidified and depth matters less. I think as we get deeper into the season, the value of leftover waiver wire bucks drops and anyone you pick up late, you probably could still pick up for less cash, (as others are also cash strapped). I blew a big wad of my budget on Tebow and I think he's worth the risk for the potential reward. If it backfires, oh well. That's fantasy football. You won't be alone in that mistake anyway.

after seeing cam explode off the WW, I know tebow is no cam, but man, how can you pass on the chance to get a guy who is going to likely be a top 10 qb the rest of the way? good schedule, especially in weeks 15, 16 and a team that will have to play catch up on a weekly basis. Solid wr's, and a QB who looks to be a leader. I don't need him, but I am going after him with a good chunk of my WW cash...

:goodposting: Tebow has put up 23+ fantasy points (in most standard scoring formats) everytime he has started a football game. Those are borderline QB1 numbers. For guys that had P.Manning, Flacco, Freeman, Henne, Orton, Sanchez, Kolb, etc. those stats would be welcome bump.

Granted it's a small sample size, but he has still shown some very intriguing flashes.
Vick was a top fantasy QB, despite not being a great NFL QB. That's part of the point here. 2002 - QB4

2003 - Injured, only played 5 games

2004 - QB12

2005 - QB10

2006 - QB4

Now, Tebow may not hit those rushing stats in full, but that's one reason why people are interested in him, especially as a free pick off the waiver wire. QBs who get a lot of rushing production always have that kind of upside. Tebow's sample size is small, but I'd say it's a way more encouraging indicator than if he'd totally bombed those games.
I have to agree that Vick was better than I thought over those years. Not only do I wonder if Tebow will match the rushing but can he match passing tds that Vick was getting? Vick passsed around a td per game besides his rushing.

A TD per game is actually pretty poor in the NFL this season. Tebow only played one half last week and threw a touchdown pass. I think he can average at least a TD pass per game.

Saw him traded straight up for Big Ben in my league, I think I'd prefer Big Ben, but I wouldn't be shocked if Tebow was more valuable.

I think Tebow projects as the ultimate bye-week fill in. Extremely high upside, not to mention just flat out much more fun than plugging in the Hasselbecks, Cutlers, and Kolbs of the world.

However, I would be very uncomfortable counting on him to by my starter from this point forward. Though his potential is great, I'd feel better counting on a rebound from a Flacco or a Ryan type.

Freeman, on the other hand, that's a toss-up to me. If you drafted him as your starter, at this point, I'd probably lean towards Tebow.

As a FSU grad myself, I can't believe I just said that but whatever. I admittedly hated the media coverage he received, but honestly, hated what he did to my team much more. Now that he's in the NFL, I'll go ahead and say it........I'm hoping he succeeds.

Users who are viewing this thread