What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Testosterone treatments - educate me. (1 Viewer)

Any updates here? Considering going to get checked. I've read that it is important to monitor estradiol as well as testosterone. I have several indicators of Low T. Do I just go to a urologist? I don't know of any low-t clinics within 120 miles of me.

I have been self medicating Test for 2 years now. I want my levels on the higher end of normal, makes me feel 20 years younger. for me that dose is 250MG per week, this dose keep my test levels around 1000 ng/dl. most TRT dosages is around 100 to 150MG week. yes you need to get your E2 checked, you may need an AI.

Just buy some test Cypionate and inject 50 - 100 mg every 10 days ...thats should be enough for what you want to achieve...its a good dose for ED and just overall well being...bodybuilders take 600 - 1,000 mg a week ...thats when you grow like a weed but also invite unwanted side effects

Just buy some test Cypionate and inject 50 - 100 mg every 10 days ...thats should be enough for what you want to achieve...its a good dose for ED and just overall well being...bodybuilders take 600 - 1,000 mg a week ...thats when you grow like a weed but also invite unwanted side effects
I have gone up to 500MG week, you are right it will make you grow. libido was crazy

I have gone up to 500MG week, you are right it will make you grow. libido was crazy
And how does one aquire this Cyp, just asking.

you gotta know a guy who knows a guy

We have ways of making you stronger!

When speaking with men (young and old) who are considering such actions -- I always ask three questions.

So I will now ask them of you even if your inquiry was just mere curiosity...

1) "Part of you getting strong/fit/virile is for the ladies?"

I just want to know that we are being perfectly honest in such discussions. Vanity is okay by me, but dishonesty isn't when dealing with such a serious subject.

2) How much risk are you willing to assume? Legal. Health. Emotional. Status (family/friends). Financial.

3) Are you willing to educate yourself? Its pretty damn in depth, all things considered.

If those are answered properly and honestly we can continue with the conversation and discuss the reality of such choices.

Know this guy who I can buy a cycle's worth of juice for $200. 10 weeks, 2 shots per week. Highly considering it, any precautions I should know about?

Know this guy who I can buy a cycle's worth of juice for $200. 10 weeks, 2 shots per week. Highly considering it, any precautions I should know about?
If you still look like you do when you made those YouTube's then you should definitely take steroids.

Nothing wrong with juicing if you are ready. You are not ready. And, you are young. You don't need steroids yet.

Eat and lift to get big for a couple of years. It is not easy but it can be done if you are disciplined and work hard. Once you plateau then you take the next step if you still want to. You may be happy where you are at and not have to put your body through steroids.

Taking steroids is not something you do on a whim. You need to do some research and be ready for the things that can happen during after the cycle.

You seem like the type that will take steroids and then go back to your old ways. You will lose everything you gained. You can't revert back to getting drunk, eating garbage and not working out hard. You will have wasted your money and strained your health for nothing.

:lol: That is way too vague.

1) What is the chemical name.

2) How much chemical per ml.

3) How many ML per shot.

4) Who is the maker (underground name or pharmaceutical name).

10 weeks is a very short injectible cycle.

Do you understand or have a grasp of post-cycle-therapy (recovery)?

Do you access to p-c-t chemicals as well?

Do you have access to the chemicals that offset on-cycle side effects readily available in case you run into unwanted side effects during those 10 weeks?

Nothing wrong with juicing if you are ready. You are not ready. And, you are young. .
Listen to Doc.

btw: How young is he? I have no idea.
i started working out at 15 yo.....didnt touch a single steroid until i was 40 yo ....im now 51 and i only do one 16 week cycle a year ...have done so every year since i started....i use mild cycles and follow all the proper post cycle protocols ...i eat right and get regular doctor check ups ...ive not had a single health issue in all that time...if anything im told im in the condition of an 18 yo...id rather do what i do than smoke and drink like most people do ...i look good and feel great

BustedKnuckles said:
BigSteelThrill said:
DocHolliday said:
Nothing wrong with juicing if you are ready. You are not ready. And, you are young. .
Listen to Doc.

i started working out at 15 yo.....didnt touch a single steroid until i was 40 yo ....im now 51 and i only do one 16 week cycle a year ...have done so every year since i started....i use mild cycles and follow all the proper post cycle protocols ...i eat right and get regular doctor check ups ...ive not had a single health issue in all that time...if anything im told im in the condition of an 18 yo...id rather do what i do than smoke and drink like most people do ...i look good and feel great
This folks, is a person who "uses" to better themselves and their quality of life.

As opposed to a person who "abuses" or has no idea what they are actually messing with.

Last edited by a moderator:
BustedKnuckles said:
BigSteelThrill said:
DocHolliday said:
Listen to Doc.

This folks, is a person who 'uses" to better themselves and their quality of life.

As opposed to a person who "abuses" or has no idea what they are actually messing with.
When i started 11 years ago i didnt even have a computer...i really couldnt research like people can now ...i went by what people told me ...i had no idea what i was doing ...it took me a few cycles to get it right.(duration and dosages and the very important PCT)...once i got a computer it was like a whole new world opened up...and now we have access to SARMS...anyways i cant recommend researching enough...read ,read and read some more ...ask questions ...if you do it right it really is a great way to get the most out of your quest to change your body, and contrary to popular belief it is a healthy lifestyle if done in moderation.

Isn't moderation the biggest problem with most people?

They see results, and figure if I do twice as much, I'll see twice the results.

BustedKnuckles said:
BigSteelThrill said:
DocHolliday said:
Listen to Doc.

This folks, is a person who 'uses" to better themselves and their quality of life.

When i started 11 years ago i didnt even have a computer...i really couldnt research like people can now ...i went by what people told me ...i had no idea what i was doing ...it took me a few cycles to get it right.(duration and dosages and the very important PCT)...once i got a computer it was like a whole new world opened up...and now we have access to SARMS...anyways i cant recommend researching enough...read ,read and read some more ...ask questions ...if you do it right it really is a great way to get the most out of your quest to change your body, and contrary to popular belief it is a healthy lifestyle if done in moderation.
for someone who has never even been near the stuff, where do you even begin to research and read?

You could start at a place like steroidology.com. Read read read. And then start searching for more outlets of information.

Do understand, this is just a tiniest of steps into having a knowledge base that may one day be thorough enough to start to formulate an informed idea on the issue.

Isn't moderation the biggest problem with most people?

They see results, and figure if I do twice as much, I'll see twice the results.
Maybe more-so in the past with uninformed applications. Now the science and knowledge base are far richer.

Its like anything in life, you have lots of people who aren't informed thinking "more is better" about almost everything,.

But even in bodybuilding its somewhat recently been "known" that overtraining (simply excising too much) is an absolute killer/negative. The science shows us that.

BustedKnuckles said:
BigSteelThrill said:
DocHolliday said:
Listen to Doc.

I know what SARMS are but how are you using them? With the cycle? At the end of an oral cycle while giving your liver a break? Do you add a little at the beginning of PCT?

DocHolliday said:
BustedKnuckles said:
BigSteelThrill said:
BustedKnuckles said:
BigSteelThrill said:
DocHolliday said:
Listen to Doc.

I know what SARMS are but how are you using them? With the cycle? At the end of an oral cycle while giving your liver a break? Do you add a little at the beginning of PCT?
This will explain things better than i could

Listen to Doc.

SARMs are a very good drug, I think it is nothing more than a mild designer steroid. I have done MK 2866 and S4. I did not like the vision side S4 gave me. MK 2866 helped me lean out. you can take SARMs as a stand alone cycle(I have gone for 12 weeks), with other AAS(I am currently on Test and MK2866) or MK2866 in PCT(I have done this to). I would not take S4 in PCT

a lot of info out there on SARMs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdd6FXUodxE

Went to get my levels tested at a local men's health clinic a few weeks ago.  They did a full panel of screens...very helpful look at my overall helpful.  My testosterone levels were low.  "Normal" is 250-1100 and mine was 241.  I wasn't surprised given some of the symptoms...low energy, weight gain, mild depression, etc. (no sexual symptoms thankfully).  Anyway, insurance covers the treatment, and I just had my second injection today.  Will get another screen at week 5 to check my levels.

Went to get my levels tested at a local men's health clinic a few weeks ago.  They did a full panel of screens...very helpful look at my overall helpful.  My testosterone levels were low.  "Normal" is 250-1100 and mine was 241.  I wasn't surprised given some of the symptoms...low energy, weight gain, mild depression, etc. (no sexual symptoms thankfully).  Anyway, insurance covers the treatment, and I just had my second injection today.  Will get another screen at week 5 to check my levels.
What are the side effects?  Short and long term?

Oh, and how old are you?

What are the side effects?  Short and long term?

Oh, and how old are you?
Sorry...haven't been on in awhile.  I turned 40 in March.  To update:

I had my 6-week labs today after 5 weeks of treatments.  My T levels are up significantly.  The main number they look at is your "free" testosterone.  I started at 46...today was at 154, which is at the very highest end of the normal range.  Overall testosterone started at 255; today it was 750 (600 is considered normal).  They reduced my weekly dosage based on my quick response to it.

I've had a noticeable spike in energy, noticeably better and deeper sleep.  I was not having any negative sexual symptoms before starting the treatment, but I've had a boost in that area, too.  Mrs. Karpis told me yesterday to have them turn it down a notch.  

I've had no negative side effects to this point. Along with the testosterone, I am getting an HCG injection (which stimulates your body to produce its own testosterone and offsets some of the side effects of taking synthetic testosterone [ball shrinkage]), and anastrazole (which curbs your body's tendency to convert testosterone into estrogen).

So far, I have no complaints and am pleased with how I feel.  It's not placebo.  For the first 3-4 weeks, I would go in and the PA would ask me, "so are you sleeping better?"  I honestly saw no difference and told him so.  Beginning of week 5, I saw a big difference.  It just feels like I'm dying at night...not waking up at all, dreaming more vividly...I wake up feeling more rested than I have in some time.

Had my levels checked a month ago and while they came back within normal levels, they were way low.  I’ve been feeling out of sorts for the past 6 months or so.  I’m seeing a urologist who specializes in these matters soon.  I’m 45 fwiw and it hit me like a ton of bricks.  Scary.

OK. I've been injecting testosterone for a little more than two years now. The results have been pretty fantastic. I'm about to turn 50 and I feel better than I did when I was 25.

I'm as strong as I've ever been and I haven't worked out in years.

My body composition has changed. I'm leaner. My arms have veins popping out all over. I look like I lift a lot of weights.

I've slowly lost about 20 lbs over this time and gained muscle. I could only imagine the results if I bothered to work out.

Improvement to my libido is off the charts. The Mrs and I did it 3 times one day two weeks ago. Before, I was lucky to do it 3 times in 3 months.

My insurance covers it - Costs me about $20/month. I inject myself every two weeks.

The only apparent downside is that I basically can't stop taking it now as I'll revert to Bruce Banner pretty quickly.

OK. I've been injecting testosterone for a little more than two years now. The results have been pretty fantastic. I'm about to turn 50 and I feel better than I did when I was 25.

I'm as strong as I've ever been and I haven't worked out in years.

My body composition has changed. I'm leaner. My arms have veins popping out all over. I look like I lift a lot of weights.

I've slowly lost about 20 lbs over this time and gained muscle. I could only imagine the results if I bothered to work out.

Improvement to my libido is off the charts. The Mrs and I did it 3 times one day two weeks ago. Before, I was lucky to do it 3 times in 3 months.

My insurance covers it - Costs me about $20/month. I inject myself every two weeks.

The only apparent downside is that I basically can't stop taking it now as I'll revert to Bruce Banner pretty quickly.
You’re not in the DMV, are ya? I’m looking for someone locally today. 

I brought this up to two separate doctors and both didn’t know WTF they were taking about. 

Just went to my PCP. Said I thought my testosterone levels were low. He prescribed labwork with my routine bloodwork. 
Huh.  My PCP for the last ten years retired at the beginning of April 2020 and I got handed off to a new PCP.  I have had one video appointment with her since she took over.  Yes, it's a female PCP.  A Chinese female, no less.  Anyhow, back to the subject...  My old PCP used to have me come in quarterly to have my A1C checked and to adjust meds, and I know I'm due to have that done, so I requested an appointment for that.  I also added that I have read about the symptoms of low testosterone, and I wonder if I could get my testosterone levels checked.  All this communication, appointment request and all, is done online now.  Looks like this appointment will be with the nurse practitioner.  We shall see how it goes.  

Huh.  My PCP for the last ten years retired at the beginning of April 2020 and I got handed off to a new PCP.  I have had one video appointment with her since she took over.  Yes, it's a female PCP.  A Chinese female, no less.  Anyhow, back to the subject...  My old PCP used to have me come in quarterly to have my A1C checked and to adjust meds, and I know I'm due to have that done, so I requested an appointment for that.  I also added that I have read about the symptoms of low testosterone, and I wonder if I could get my testosterone levels checked.  All this communication, appointment request and all, is done online now.  Looks like this appointment will be with the nurse practitioner.  We shall see how it goes.  
50/50 chance her name used to be Amanda Hugandkiss.

Got the results of my blood test back.  Tested low across the board.....  I wonder what the next step is.  

TEST                                                                  MY VALUE         STD RANGE                   FLAG

SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN            7.2 nmol/L        21.6 - 113.1 nmol/L      L

TESTOSTERONE TOTAL                                 78.0 ng/dL        100.0 - 780.0 ng/dL      L

TESTOSTERONE, BIOAVAIL, MALE >20      60.6 ng/dL          130.0 - 680.0 ng/dL     L

TESTOSTERONE FREE                                   26 pg/mL             47 - 244 pg/mL           L

Went and did test this morning.  Not low.. right on the middle of normal ranges.

But they were pitching me growth hormone as a way to lose weight and push through minor injuries that always nag me.

Anyone do this?

Made an appointment today with a local place in Bethesda. 

So....

On the initial call they ask me for my insurance carrier. 

They emailed me the paperwork I needed to fill out so I did that ahead of time. I show up 10 minutes early. They take my ID and insurance card. 

Then they hand me a laminated sheet that talks about what they offer and at the top, in bold is- We do not go through your insurance and treatment will be $299/mo. 

Lol, I tell them that they can cancel the appointment now and that they should be more upfront with their patients (customers). 

Got the results of my blood test back.  Tested low across the board.....  I wonder what the next step is.  

TEST                                                                  MY VALUE         STD RANGE                   FLAG

SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN            7.2 nmol/L        21.6 - 113.1 nmol/L      L

TESTOSTERONE TOTAL                                 78.0 ng/dL        100.0 - 780.0 ng/dL      L

TESTOSTERONE, BIOAVAIL, MALE >20      60.6 ng/dL          130.0 - 680.0 ng/dL     L

TESTOSTERONE FREE                                   26 pg/mL             47 - 244 pg/mL           L
Have a video conference appointment with my PCP Friday morning at 8:40am to go over test results.  

So....

On the initial call they ask me for my insurance carrier. 

They emailed me the paperwork I needed to fill out so I did that ahead of time. I show up 10 minutes early. They take my ID and insurance card. 

Then they hand me a laminated sheet that talks about what they offer and at the top, in bold is- We do not go through your insurance and treatment will be $299/mo. 

Lol, I tell them that they can cancel the appointment now and that they should be more upfront with their patients (customers). 
Wow what a joke 

:lol:

Have a video conference appointment with my PCP Friday morning at 8:40am to go over test results.  
Just got of my video conference with my PCP.  She spent probably 10 minutes going over lab results with me.  I've gone for 3-4 blood draws over the last two weeks.  To make a long story short, everything tested normal except for my A1C, which tested high, and my testosterone levels, which tested low.  A lot of what she had to say was completely over my head....  went in one ear and out the other.  After going over all the lab results, she queried, "what else could account for low testosterone levels" and she answered herself with a brain tumor.  So guess what I have to do now.  Now I have to go for an MRI of my brain.  

At the end of it, she asks me if I think I understand what is going on, and I tell her I'm kind of foggy on all of it.  I just think my age (61) is driving the low testosterone levels I have and the low testosterone level is driving my weight problem.  Lower testosterone means less muscle mass...  which means lower metabolism.... which results in weight gain.  And the weight gain is driving my elevated A1C level.  

I explained all that to the doctor, at the conclusion of which she said, "I think you understand pretty well what is going on."  

So she says we can discuss testosterone replacement therapy after I get the MRI of my brain.  Ugh.  

Just got of my video conference with my PCP.  She spent probably 10 minutes going over lab results with me.  I've gone for 3-4 blood draws over the last two weeks.  To make a long story short, everything tested normal except for my A1C, which tested high, and my testosterone levels, which tested low.  A lot of what she had to say was completely over my head....  went in one ear and out the other.  After going over all the lab results, she queried, "what else could account for low testosterone levels" and she answered herself with a brain tumor.  So guess what I have to do now.  Now I have to go for an MRI of my brain.  

At the end of it, she asks me if I think I understand what is going on, and I tell her I'm kind of foggy on all of it.  I just think my age (61) is driving the low testosterone levels I have and the low testosterone level is driving my weight problem.  Lower testosterone means less muscle mass...  which means lower metabolism.... which results in weight gain.  And the weight gain is driving my elevated A1C level.  

I explained all that to the doctor, at the conclusion of which she said, "I think you understand pretty well what is going on."  

So she says we can discuss testosterone replacement therapy after I get the MRI of my brain.  Ugh.  
Did she she check LH, FSH and Prolactin? If the first two are low, or the third is high, she may have a point. Otherwise that sounds nutty.

Ask to be referred to an endocrinologist. Although not critical, they can be helpful with both diabetes management and hypo gonadism (low testosterone).

Users who are viewing this thread