What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Texans at Lions (1 Viewer)

Once a coach throws a challenge flag on an auto reviewed play (score, turnover) its penalty and play no longer reviewable. This scenario came up a few weeks ago. I fully expect a Goodell mideseason knee jerk rule change.
The rule is because of the SF-Det game last year. There was a play that was booth review only and Harbaugh threw the flag, which drew a penalty and Schwarz screaming across the field "Learn the rules!". Ina post game interview, Harbaugh admitted that, he knew the rule, but wanted to delay the next snap to give the booth more time to consider a review. NFL wasn't happy with the tactic and addressed it this year. Now the blow hard Schwarz is the one who didn't know the rule. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Oh man, that was all completely perfect. What a great start to the day to see that dumb goober Schwartz humiliated on national TV. I'm not sure what was better. The challenge flag or kicking on 3rd down from 47 yards away. I'm cracking up. :P
You do realize Detroit has already been sacked out of FG range twice already. That was not a terrible call. That said, Swartz is gone.
That's an absolutely terrible call to kick a 47 yard FG on 3rd down. The reason teams kick FG's on 1st, 2nd, or 3rd down is in case of a bad snap, the holder and sit on the ball and they can have another shot to kick a FG. A botched snap on a 47 yard attempt likely makes another FG attempt a 55 yarder. Dumb.Schartz is a dummy. The challenge flag was one thing, kicking a 47 yard FG on 3rd down tops that with ease. Ineptitude at its finest.
Correct it would have been a 55 yarder, but at that point you punt. Let's say there's a botched snap, you could give the texans the ball at midfield, or pin them back within their 10 yard line. That is a HUGE difference and huge advantage.... even though it's not likely, that 1 or 2 extra yards on the fg you may get by running a play aren't as important as that.

Users who are viewing this thread