What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Apple iPhone Thread (2 Viewers)

So where/what are the "slots" or whatever on the antennae/casing that are to be avoided to keep signal strength?Another weird OS4 issue: When I'm in email, it will say "downloading 4 of 8" etc., but then I only have 2 emails or something like that. They are not hiding in the email threads. I checked that. Weird.
I have the same email issue. I turned off the threads and they all 'came back'. Annoying.
My issue seems different. I can see when I have emails in threads (the little number) and those arent the new mails that are seemingly being downloaded and not displayed.

Otis said:
Unless this antenna issue actually affects performance when you're using the device -- and all reports are that this thing is WAY better in terms of dropped calls and reception than older models -- then isn't this sort of a "who cares"? The fact that you have to sit down and focus and hold it in an odd way to reproduce the problem to me means it doesn't seem like a very big problem.This is sort of like when you go into the doctor and make some odd twisting/bending motion without body and tell the doctor "Doc, it hurts when I do this." The doctor's reply? "Don't do that."
From the videos I've seen, it's not some contrived grip on the phone that's causing the problem; it looks like the loss of signal comes when you hold the phone in a customary manner. If so, then iPhone4 users are going to have to buy a case to be able to use their phone as typical cellphone.A CNN article stated that some new users are finding that the new screen scratches easily. Anybody experience this yet?

I received a phone call today from PC Magazine. They were running a story on the new Apple iPhone 4, specifically the reports (PC Mag, Gizmodo, Engadget) that people are experiencing decreased reception on their cell phone when they hold the phone by the metal frame. That frame has been touted by Apple, in the keynote address by Jobs, as being part of the antenna system. Here is a brief summary of what I told the reporter who called me, and a little extra. (I will update this with his name when he emails me.)

I saw the photo of the frame of the iPhone in the slideshow at the end of Steve Job's keynote address at the Developer's Conference. There are three gaps in the stainless steel band which are allegedly part of the antenna system. I have not had alot of time to analyze their structure, nor do I have one in my hands yet. So, either it is public relations hokum, or those slots are really part of the antenna structure. They do appear to be active, based on observations.

In the first generation iPhone (which I am currently using), the antennas were on the back of the phone, near the bottom. There was a piece of plastic on the bottom covering the antennas, so you knew where they were. I developed a way to hold the phone which avoided covering this area with my hand, similar to the Gizmodo article linked above. It is worth stepping back a moment and asking the question, "Why are the antennas placed where my hand is MOST likely to cover it?" It's a fair question.

The FCC puts strict limits on the amount of energy from a handheld device that may be absorbed by the body. We call this Specific Absorbtion Rate, or SAR. In the olden days, when I walked ten miles to school in three feet of snow, uphill in both directions, cell phones had pull-up antennas. This allowed the designer to use a half-wave antenna variant, and put the point of maximum radiation somewhat away from the users cranium. Of course, most people did not think it was necessary and kept the antenna stowed. Motorola's flip phone acutally had a second helical antenna that was switched into place when this was the case. But, more importantly, SAR rules were not yet in effect.

Flip phones became yesterday's style, and phones were becoming more monolithic. Some phones, like the early Treo, kept the antenna in the traditional location at the top of the phone, near one edge, but reduced it to a short stub. Whips became stubs, stubs became bumps, and finally antennas were embedded into the rectangular volume of the phone. The trouble was SAR; if you left the antenna at the top, the user was now pressing it into their head, insuring lots of tissue heating. Enter the bottom-located cellphone antenna.

Just about every cell phone in current production has the antenna located at the bottom. This insures that the radiating portion of the antenna is furthest from the head. Apple was not the first to locate the antenna on the bottom, and certainly won't be the last. The problem is that humans have their hands below their ears, so the most natural position for the hand is covering the antenna. This can't be a good design decision, can it? How can we be stuck with this conundrum? It's the FCC's fault.

You see, when the FCC tests are run, the head is required to be in the vicinity of the phone. But, the hand is not!! And the FCC's tests are not the only tests that must be passed by a candidate product. AT&T has their own requirements for devices put on their network, and antenna efficiency is one of them. I know because I have designed quad-band GSM antennas for the AT&T network. The AT&T test similarly does not require the hand to be on the phone.

So, naturally, the design evolved to meet requirements - and efficient transmission and reception while being held by a human hand are simply not design requirements!

OK, back to the iPhone 4. The antenna structure for the cell phone is still down at the bottom (I won't address the WiFi nor GPS antennas in this blog entry). The iPhone 4 has two symmetrical slots in the stainless frame. If you short these slots, or cover them with your hand, the antenna performance will suffer (see this video I found on YouTube). There is no way around this, it's a design compromise that is forced by the requirements of the FCC, AT&T, Apple's marketing department and Apple's industrial designers, to name a few.

One of the questions the intrepid reporter from PC Magazine asked me was, "Will putting the phone in a pocket and using a Bluetooth device help?" Good question. The answer is yes, to a point. The first generation iPhone clearly had a conductive surface below the antenna (I hesitate to call it a ground plane, because it it too small). So, putting it in your pocket with the screen toward your body and the antennas facing out while using your Bluetooth earpiece will work better than holding the phone with your hand. In fact, in my car my iPhone sits forward on the dashboard, under the winshield, screen down while I use my Jawbone. Works great. (However, if you put your iPhone in your left back pocket, and your earpiece in your right ear, you may have issues. This is a failing of the Bluetooth system in dealing with severe body losses at 2.4GHz, not the cellphone's problem.)

The iPhone 4, however, moved the antenna action from the back of the phone to the sides. This probably improves the isotropy of the radiation pattern, but only when the phone is suspended magically in air. Not too helpful. Putting this iPhone 4 in your pocket will likely couple more energy into your body (you bag of salt water, you) than did the first generation model. Yep, I predict it will be worse.

So, what's an iPhone lover to do? Well, I voted with my dollars. I ordered my iPhone 4 to replace my Original. I already know how to do the Vulcan Antenna Grip on the iPhone, and I am wearing out my current model.

And sometimes an antenna that's not great, but good enough, is good enough.
http://www.antennasys.com/antennasys-blog/...4-antennas.htmlVery interesting article (for me).

Assuming this guy (an actual RF engineer) is correct, this isn't a design flaw that slipped through the cracks. This was a design they pretty much had to use? This explains the bumpers.

Instead of blaming it on a software glitch/ATT/telling people to hold it different, they should just come clean and say "yeah it's a problem, but we really had no choice because of the FCC"?

I haven't read the entire thread, so sorry if this has been asked. Anyone play Words with Friends? I'm so addicted to this game and need some reliable consistant players.

What a horrible turn of events. Maybe they shouldn't have spent so much time storming people's houses and instead tested more complete phones.

iPhone 4 video ability better than the Droid X according to BGR.

Frame rate: iPhone 30fps vs 24fps

Color accuracy: Droid X

Sound: Droid X

Bit Rate: Droid X 22,663 vs 10,764

720p Video Capture Comparison, iPhone 4 v. DROID X
Remember that video to video isn't private
Not sure what your talking about?
I posted this earlierApple's new FaceTime feature on the iPhone 4 allows you to make a video call to someone else who can see your image and vice versa. It's a real advance in communications, but with it comes a huge privacy problem.

First, teens can use it to send what this space is the first to name as a "sexvid" and lead to practices of "sexviding", where a person sends a sexual FaceTime video call to someone else. Second, the FaceTime communications are not secure, so anyone can pick up your FaceTime call, video and all, without your knowing it.

Let's think about this: a teen making a "sexviding' call on the iPhone 4 could have that picked up by someone else who's on the WiFi signal they're using.

So if a teen sends a sexvid, Apple can know the location of the teenager who did it. But Apple can also know the location of anyone using FaceTime at any time.

Apple's privacy problem doesn't stop there. The iPhone 4 maker can also know if their users have jailbroken their iPhone to escape AT&T. The iPhone 4 system sends what are called "Over The Air" (OTA) updates to Apple every 7 to 14 days.

Why is Alpha leaking this information to the blogsphere? Again, he writes:

The reason why I am leaking some of this info is cause I don’t think its right that we are essentially controlling peoples iPhones.

Its their property once it leaves our retail stores and people need to know what they are getting into.

He also reports that many Apple employees aren't using iPhone 4.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/abraha...5#ixzz0rsK27k5v

There is some concern that Facetime, by virtue of going over WiFi and being an Apple app is not completely hidden from lurkers. Lots of "stalker" and "pedobear" potential.

There is some concern that Facetime, by virtue of going over WiFi and being an Apple app is not completely hidden from lurkers. Lots of "stalker" and "pedobear" potential.
I know wi-fi encryption is easy to break but wouldn't it be just as secure as any other machine going over wi-fi with encrypted packets? What is the difference in what Apple is doing with the FaceTime to say an everyday webcam going over wi-fi?I'm not sure this is an issue (more than any other privacy issue on wi-fi) unless something is different.

Now the OTA information is kinda worrisome.

I know wi-fi encryption is easy to break but wouldn't it be just as secure as any other machine going over wi-fi with encrypted packets? What is the difference in what Apple is doing with the FaceTime to say an everyday webcam going over wi-fi?
Probably not different at all. Just answering the earlier question.

I've heard about the OTA updates as well but thought it was just a rumor. If Apple/ATT is indeed going to kill jailbreaks every week OTA that's going to suck.

I've heard about the OTA updates as well but thought it was just a rumor. If Apple/ATT is indeed going to kill jailbreaks every week OTA that's going to suck.
This is bothersome, but you can't really blame a company for protecting it's own interests.It's a double edged sword though, they need to support AT&T who clearly doesn't want people jailbreaking their phones and using other carriers, but at the same time there are a lot of people who only buy the iPhones so they can be jailbroken...

My friend just brought his by for me to try out and I saw the cause of the issue and don't think it's THAT big of a deal. Of course it would be better if they had a design that didn't have the potential signal issue, but the pros still outweigh the cons and its not a big enough problem to me to not pick one up at the next opportunity (6/29).
Can you explain this to me?Is there any chance of just being able to walk into an Apple store and pick one up any time soon?
I need to purchase from ATT for a couple of reasons. I was told by my local ATT store and someone on chat at the ATT website that on 6/29 they would start taking orders again and also have some phones available in stores but they could not confirm the number that would be in stock.
So you're plan is on 6/29 to start checking the ATT stores? I might try this as well...Good info here.

iamsmilin said:
I haven't read the entire thread, so sorry if this has been asked. Anyone play Words with Friends? I'm so addicted to this game and need some reliable consistant players.
PM sent.

Had a friend walk into an Apple store today and get a new phone. 20 minutes. This was the same store that I went to yesterday that had people waiting in line for 8 hours. :popcorn:

I'm holding off until something is done about the antenna. I drop enough calls now, I can't afford to add to the problem.

Britney Spears said:
Lehigh98 said:
Britney Spears said:
Lehigh98 said:
My friend just brought his by for me to try out and I saw the cause of the issue and don't think it's THAT big of a deal. Of course it would be better if they had a design that didn't have the potential signal issue, but the pros still outweigh the cons and its not a big enough problem to me to not pick one up at the next opportunity (6/29).
Can you explain this to me?Is there any chance of just being able to walk into an Apple store and pick one up any time soon?
I need to purchase from ATT for a couple of reasons. I was told by my local ATT store and someone on chat at the ATT website that on 6/29 they would start taking orders again and also have some phones available in stores but they could not confirm the number that would be in stock.
So you're plan is on 6/29 to start checking the ATT stores? I might try this as well...Good info here.
Had a friend walk into an Apple store today and get a new phone. 20 minutes. This was the same store that I went to yesterday that had people waiting in line for 8 hours. :popcorn:

I'm holding off until something is done about the antenna. I drop enough calls now, I can't afford to add to the problem.
There are reports that some Apple stores do have stock for walk ins. If you're close to one, stop by and check or give them a call and ask.

duece2626 said:
Any jailbreak info yet?
Beta versions for 4.0 have been floating around for a while, but have not seen a solid release as of yet. It should not be too much longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
California said:
I received a phone call today from PC Magazine. They were running a story on the new Apple iPhone 4, specifically the reports (PC Mag, Gizmodo, Engadget) that people are experiencing decreased reception on their cell phone when they hold the phone by the metal frame. That frame has been touted by Apple, in the keynote address by Jobs, as being part of the antenna system. Here is a brief summary of what I told the reporter who called me, and a little extra. (I will update this with his name when he emails me.)

I saw the photo of the frame of the iPhone in the slideshow at the end of Steve Job's keynote address at the Developer's Conference. There are three gaps in the stainless steel band which are allegedly part of the antenna system. I have not had alot of time to analyze their structure, nor do I have one in my hands yet. So, either it is public relations hokum, or those slots are really part of the antenna structure. They do appear to be active, based on observations.

In the first generation iPhone (which I am currently using), the antennas were on the back of the phone, near the bottom. There was a piece of plastic on the bottom covering the antennas, so you knew where they were. I developed a way to hold the phone which avoided covering this area with my hand, similar to the Gizmodo article linked above. It is worth stepping back a moment and asking the question, "Why are the antennas placed where my hand is MOST likely to cover it?" It's a fair question.

The FCC puts strict limits on the amount of energy from a handheld device that may be absorbed by the body. We call this Specific Absorbtion Rate, or SAR. In the olden days, when I walked ten miles to school in three feet of snow, uphill in both directions, cell phones had pull-up antennas. This allowed the designer to use a half-wave antenna variant, and put the point of maximum radiation somewhat away from the users cranium. Of course, most people did not think it was necessary and kept the antenna stowed. Motorola's flip phone acutally had a second helical antenna that was switched into place when this was the case. But, more importantly, SAR rules were not yet in effect.

Flip phones became yesterday's style, and phones were becoming more monolithic. Some phones, like the early Treo, kept the antenna in the traditional location at the top of the phone, near one edge, but reduced it to a short stub. Whips became stubs, stubs became bumps, and finally antennas were embedded into the rectangular volume of the phone. The trouble was SAR; if you left the antenna at the top, the user was now pressing it into their head, insuring lots of tissue heating. Enter the bottom-located cellphone antenna.

Just about every cell phone in current production has the antenna located at the bottom. This insures that the radiating portion of the antenna is furthest from the head. Apple was not the first to locate the antenna on the bottom, and certainly won't be the last. The problem is that humans have their hands below their ears, so the most natural position for the hand is covering the antenna. This can't be a good design decision, can it? How can we be stuck with this conundrum? It's the FCC's fault.

You see, when the FCC tests are run, the head is required to be in the vicinity of the phone. But, the hand is not!! And the FCC's tests are not the only tests that must be passed by a candidate product. AT&T has their own requirements for devices put on their network, and antenna efficiency is one of them. I know because I have designed quad-band GSM antennas for the AT&T network. The AT&T test similarly does not require the hand to be on the phone.

So, naturally, the design evolved to meet requirements - and efficient transmission and reception while being held by a human hand are simply not design requirements!

OK, back to the iPhone 4. The antenna structure for the cell phone is still down at the bottom (I won't address the WiFi nor GPS antennas in this blog entry). The iPhone 4 has two symmetrical slots in the stainless frame. If you short these slots, or cover them with your hand, the antenna performance will suffer (see this video I found on YouTube). There is no way around this, it's a design compromise that is forced by the requirements of the FCC, AT&T, Apple's marketing department and Apple's industrial designers, to name a few.

One of the questions the intrepid reporter from PC Magazine asked me was, "Will putting the phone in a pocket and using a Bluetooth device help?" Good question. The answer is yes, to a point. The first generation iPhone clearly had a conductive surface below the antenna (I hesitate to call it a ground plane, because it it too small). So, putting it in your pocket with the screen toward your body and the antennas facing out while using your Bluetooth earpiece will work better than holding the phone with your hand. In fact, in my car my iPhone sits forward on the dashboard, under the winshield, screen down while I use my Jawbone. Works great. (However, if you put your iPhone in your left back pocket, and your earpiece in your right ear, you may have issues. This is a failing of the Bluetooth system in dealing with severe body losses at 2.4GHz, not the cellphone's problem.)

The iPhone 4, however, moved the antenna action from the back of the phone to the sides. This probably improves the isotropy of the radiation pattern, but only when the phone is suspended magically in air. Not too helpful. Putting this iPhone 4 in your pocket will likely couple more energy into your body (you bag of salt water, you) than did the first generation model. Yep, I predict it will be worse.

So, what's an iPhone lover to do? Well, I voted with my dollars. I ordered my iPhone 4 to replace my Original. I already know how to do the Vulcan Antenna Grip on the iPhone, and I am wearing out my current model.

And sometimes an antenna that's not great, but good enough, is good enough.
http://www.antennasys.com/antennasys-blog/...4-antennas.htmlVery interesting article (for me).

Assuming this guy (an actual RF engineer) is correct, this isn't a design flaw that slipped through the cracks. This was a design they pretty much had to use? This explains the bumpers.

Instead of blaming it on a software glitch/ATT/telling people to hold it different, they should just come clean and say "yeah it's a problem, but we really had no choice because of the FCC"?
Are they basically saying that cell phone manufacturers are deliberately gaming the FCC requirements and are emitting more radiation than has been deemed safe?

iamsmilin said:
PM sent.
:jawdrop: Bring it!
iamsmilin said:
go here, find friends :lmao:

*start at post 565 if it doesn't open right to it.
Thanks! I'm gonna have to add some of those people later on tonight.

I :goodposting: the Iphone 4

I just got off the phone with Verizon to cancel my contract. They tried to sway me back with the Droid X but no chance.

So Bluetooth keyboards now work with iPhone/ 3gtouch. Anyone know if ant Bluetooth keyboard or just apple one?

:lmao: You're not supposed to hold it, it's so magical it floats by itself. Major fail, IMO. Especially after their response to the issue.

Had a friend walk into an Apple store today and get a new phone. 20 minutes. This was the same store that I went to yesterday that had people waiting in line for 8 hours. :lmao:I'm holding off until something is done about the antenna. I drop enough calls now, I can't afford to add to the problem.
My two Apple Stores are still out of stock and only filling leftover preorder vouchers.& for the record I haven't had a single dropped call or yellow screen. :rolleyes:

My right-handed FIL bought the bumper with his phone, but didn't like it. So he gave it to me. It of course solves the antenna issue and actually isn't half bad (I really wanted to freeball it this time around). I can't believe they charge $29 for this, though. It fits just a tad too tight, IMO, as it seems like it's half-pressing the top button. It only takes a light tap sometimes to put it to sleep.

After getting over the initial frustration of dropped calls from the antenna, I'm really starting to enjoy this phone. The form factor is downright fantastic. Even my wife, who's not techy in the slightest bit, had that 'i want one look' after playing with it and noting how much faster it is over her 3G. She originally didn't see the need to upgrade (she's not the heaviest of users), but now she's reconsidering.

I still can't use 'threaded' emails. I can't figure out why it's 'hiding' all of my emails so I may just bite the bullet and let one of the Apple nerds at the store show me what I'm doing wrong. :lmao:

My right-handed FIL bought the bumper with his phone, but didn't like it. So he gave it to me. It of course solves the antenna issue and actually isn't half bad (I really wanted to freeball it this time around). I can't believe they charge $29 for this, though. It fits just a tad too tight, IMO, as it seems like it's half-pressing the top button. It only takes a light tap sometimes to put it to sleep.After getting over the initial frustration of dropped calls from the antenna, I'm really starting to enjoy this phone. The form factor is downright fantastic. Even my wife, who's not techy in the slightest bit, had that 'i want one look' after playing with it and noting how much faster it is over her 3G. She originally didn't see the need to upgrade (she's not the heaviest of users), but now she's reconsidering. I still can't use 'threaded' emails. I can't figure out why it's 'hiding' all of my emails so I may just bite the bullet and let one of the Apple nerds at the store show me what I'm doing wrong. :bag:
:lmao:Yeah, they are pretty good with stuff like that, it's free so why not?I'm still on the fence as to whether I want to pick one up anymore.The reception issue is really bothersome, but I still haven't seen anything that confirms if it is just showing you losing signal, or if you actually are losing signal.I'd like to see someone hold it so the bars drop, then try and make a call.

My right-handed FIL bought the bumper with his phone, but didn't like it. So he gave it to me. It of course solves the antenna issue and actually isn't half bad (I really wanted to freeball it this time around). I can't believe they charge $29 for this, though. It fits just a tad too tight, IMO, as it seems like it's half-pressing the top button. It only takes a light tap sometimes to put it to sleep.After getting over the initial frustration of dropped calls from the antenna, I'm really starting to enjoy this phone. The form factor is downright fantastic. Even my wife, who's not techy in the slightest bit, had that 'i want one look' after playing with it and noting how much faster it is over her 3G. She originally didn't see the need to upgrade (she's not the heaviest of users), but now she's reconsidering. I still can't use 'threaded' emails. I can't figure out why it's 'hiding' all of my emails so I may just bite the bullet and let one of the Apple nerds at the store show me what I'm doing wrong. :lmao:
Good stuff.My wife is getting the iP4 too, but I'm holding her off until the white one comes out and I can chose which color I like best. :bag:

My right-handed FIL bought the bumper with his phone, but didn't like it. So he gave it to me. It of course solves the antenna issue and actually isn't half bad (I really wanted to freeball it this time around). I can't believe they charge $29 for this, though. It fits just a tad too tight, IMO, as it seems like it's half-pressing the top button. It only takes a light tap sometimes to put it to sleep.After getting over the initial frustration of dropped calls from the antenna, I'm really starting to enjoy this phone. The form factor is downright fantastic. Even my wife, who's not techy in the slightest bit, had that 'i want one look' after playing with it and noting how much faster it is over her 3G. She originally didn't see the need to upgrade (she's not the heaviest of users), but now she's reconsidering. I still can't use 'threaded' emails. I can't figure out why it's 'hiding' all of my emails so I may just bite the bullet and let one of the Apple nerds at the store show me what I'm doing wrong. :bag:
:wolf:Yeah, they are pretty good with stuff like that, it's free so why not?I'm still on the fence as to whether I want to pick one up anymore.The reception issue is really bothersome, but I still haven't seen anything that confirms if it is just showing you losing signal, or if you actually are losing signal.I'd like to see someone hold it so the bars drop, then try and make a call.
I without a doubt was losing calls because of this. I lost 3 calls the first day while sitting in my office talking to my wife (never once lost a call in my office on the 3G). After the 3rd dropped call, I put the phone back down on the desk and watched the bars 'restore' (it started with 'Searching'). That's when I started playing the hand game and watching the signal drop to 'Searching'. Since putting on the bumper, I haven't lost any calls and can't reproduce the dropping signal.ETA: I'm a lefty. I never tried it with my right hand. :hot:

iamsmilin said:
PM sent.
:wolf: Bring it!
iamsmilin said:
go here, find friends :hot:

*start at post 565 if it doesn't open right to it.
Thanks! I'm gonna have to add some of those people later on tonight.
I'm up for some more games. It's been slow lately.

& for the record I haven't had a single dropped call or yellow screen. :shrug:
This
I can see how Apple could have missed this. And there are fixes (case, bumpers, tape or some sort of insulator on the lower left, hold in right hand) but this is a bit of a black eye and their response (other phones do it) is a joke.

Reading some responses on forums is also a joke. "I'll never buy another Apple product!!" Yeah right, you just stood in line for hours to get the latest Apple toy...and you'll do it again.

I can see how Apple could have missed this. And there are fixes (case, bumpers, tape or some sort of insulator on the lower left, hold in right hand) but this is a bit of a black eye and their response (other phones do it) is a joke.
My favorite response from Jobs was "Well then, don't hold it that way"

& for the record I haven't had a single dropped call or yellow screen. :pickle:
This
Yikes. These things always end up being overblown in the beginning though. The "Widespread iPad Wifi issue" never really turned out to be much on their way to selling 3 million. I never saw the iPad problem with mine, my friends never did either, but if you come to geek sites on the internet you'd think it was killing the product. Same with the iPhone 4. I know 6 friends with one counting my dad and not one has had a signal or screen issue. I'll have to see if they're all right handed. Also... My two EVO co-workers never had a singl EVO screen screen-responsiveness issue either. ;)

:pickle:Yeah, they are pretty good with stuff like that, it's free so why not?I'm still on the fence as to whether I want to pick one up anymore.The reception issue is really bothersome, but I still haven't seen anything that confirms if it is just showing you losing signal, or if you actually are losing signal.I'd like to see someone hold it so the bars drop, then try and make a call.
I without a doubt was losing calls because of this. I lost 3 calls the first day while sitting in my office talking to my wife (never once lost a call in my office on the 3G). After the 3rd dropped call, I put the phone back down on the desk and watched the bars 'restore' (it started with 'Searching'). That's when I started playing the hand game and watching the signal drop to 'Searching'. Since putting on the bumper, I haven't lost any calls and can't reproduce the dropping signal.ETA: I'm a lefty. I never tried it with my right hand. ;)
You know what's silly about this lefty stuff? I almost always use my phone with my left hand, and I'm most definitely a righty.

I find it interesting that, despite the phone coming out 2 days ago, there's really not that many posts over the last couple days raving how amazing the phone is.

Users who are viewing this thread