What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Curse of Oak Island (3 Viewers)

In Park City for what should be an epic weekend of skiing--1-3 feet expected tonight.

Watching episodes for the second time with a friend--his first time through.

I like this a lot.
The mystery is interesting, but this show is pretty terrible.

chet said:
In Park City for what should be an epic weekend of skiing--1-3 feet expected tonight.

I like this a lot.
Season 2 started tonight.
Yeah, I'm hooked again.

On a side note, anyone watch the Giant hunting show that premiered after that? That was interesting.

chet said:

I like this a lot.
Season 2 started tonight.
Yeah, I'm hooked again.

On a side note, anyone watch the Giant hunting show that premiered after that? That was interesting.
I've been interested in Oak Island for ~15+ years. I will be watching regardless of the quality of the production.

I like how they called the flooding of the money pit a booby trap....If you dig deep enough anywhere you will hit water...I would assume on a virtually sea level island it happens rather quickly.

"OK, let's spend millions of dollars to do a thorough investigation of Oak Island. Let's drain a swamp with caissons. Oh, some dude built a few out of old rotted 2x4s and they've been sitting in his backyard for years? Let's get those."
It's good karma.

they had the exact same show on, about the conspiracy to cover up Giant sized people with two rows of teeth in their skulls

This show sucks and so does the Giant people one

Eps 2 & 3 of season 2 have been meh. They did find a couple of 18th century British coins.

Previews for next week look promising.

This show is one big teaser. I give them credit for making it that way, but starting to become annoying IMO

This show is one big teaser. I give them credit for making it that way, but starting to become annoying IMO
Teaser + recaps of theories

To be fair, it could be over in 30 minutes if they only aired interesting stuff.

I especially like how the shack they call the "war room" merits a location star on their map.

I DVR this and now flip through any meeting/recap/interview scenes. Takes about 7 minutes to watch the last episode, less if you skip over the second, third, and fourth times they trot out the same drilling core sample.

Bad episode last night. Nothing but filler. I understand they need to elongate the story but at least give something good every week.

Getting ready to bail on this train wreck. This is a produced show and it that makes it worse than watching them fail.

I am sick of them bringing in all these fruitcakes to give their theories. The narrator ALWAYS claims that these people have proof of a connection to Oak Island, but not once has there been anything that goes beyond weak speculation.

Just dig the damn hole and get it over with.

I think the Lagina bros. are hoping that Old Bluelips Blankenship croaks soon, and that he counts as the 7th to die so they can find the damn treasure and get the ef out of there.

I agree that the mystery is way more interesting than the show, especially since there isn't a payoff. I'm not sure what more these guys are doing differently than all the other people before them besides using that scanner made of PVC pipes. Seems like that island has been torn up pretty good already.

Got to believe the episode they pulled the wood up from the drill hole was just some old junk backfilled from other explorations. If they really thought they found the vault, why not put a camera down the hole and check it out?

The dye episode was really slow. Using green dye wasn't really thought out too well. I still watch and think some of the Templar/Mason angles are interesting, but there is only so long they can string this thing out.

Loved the green dye as well. A perfect color contrast to the shallow water around the island. :rolleyes: It's definitely stretched more than most salt water taffy. I am guessing the finale will involve the old guy dying (Dan right?) and the curse will be over...they find enough to keep them going on History Channel for at least 5 seasons.

Scam alert... Just like the looks of storage wars, pawn stars, gas monkey, and I can keep going. Stopped watching these shows months ago. If you really look and think the people on theses shows do not act like average jo's but are coached and maybe actors.

I'm losing interest in this show very very quickly. All these whackadoo experts. As I said to my wife during last night's episode, "Would you believe 2 experts, one a fat guy with a goatee and an earring, and another with dyed red hair?"

Also, why the heck did they think they could actually find a tunnel with a back-hoe with maybe a 10' dig depth? Why even bother? The need to merge this with Gold Rush. Call it "Oak Island Gold Rush." Call in Todd Hoffman from Gold Rush and tell him there's some gold down there, and he'll blow hundreds of thousands digging a HUGE pit. The end result will be the same as every Hoffman season. He'll waste all his money on new equipment and come away with no gold.

I do think a fun drinking game would be to drink every time they mention the Knights Templar or The Ark of the Covenant. I swear they kill 10 minutes every episode showing and talking about the Ark.

Fat Nick said:
I'm losing interest in this show very very quickly. All these whackadoo experts. As I said to my wife during last night's episode, "Would you believe 2 experts, one a fat guy with a goatee and an earring, and another with dyed red hair?"

Also, why the heck did they think they could actually find a tunnel with a back-hoe with maybe a 10' dig depth? Why even bother? The need to merge this with Gold Rush. Call it "Oak Island Gold Rush." Call in Todd Hoffman from Gold Rush and tell him there's some gold down there, and he'll blow hundreds of thousands digging a HUGE pit. The end result will be the same as every Hoffman season. He'll waste all his money on new equipment and come away with no gold.

I do think a fun drinking game would be to drink every time they mention the Knights Templar or The Ark of the Covenant. I swear they kill 10 minutes every episode showing and talking about the Ark.
man they need tony beets and parker schnable those two would have the treasure located in about a month and half and then they would make fun of todd hoffman and in the background old man hoffman would just be walking around saying glory hole over and over and just for kicks they should get that really fat guy and jim tom from moonshiners and just set them loose on the wackbag experts and just film the larooshes who think king solomon hired the knights templar to put an alien spaceship down there trying to deal with fat man and jim tom man that would be awesome take that to the bank bromigos

Scam alert... Just like the looks of storage wars, pawn stars, gas monkey, and I can keep going. Stopped watching these shows months ago. If you really look and think the people on theses shows do not act like average jo's but are coached and maybe actors.
gas monkey? tell me more

I love the story but hate the show. Every episode is so dragged out that it's extremely frustrating to watch. Also, there is way too much recap--both intra- and inter-episode. I will keep watching though because of my decades long interest in the mystery.

Wait...OAK ISLAND?

My family dug that treasure up a few centuries ago. I guess we forgot to let people know.

How many people have died?? Our bad....

Why do I feel like we already know what is going to happen next week.

Filler

Open blockage

Filler

Can't dive because of debris and poor visability

Filler

Abort dive

Filler

Filler

Filler

Send down sonar

Filler

Filler

Filler

See image shown on preview

Filler

Filler

End

They're gonna fill 5 seasons in what could have been a 2 hour documentary. I tapped out after the first season. Extremely frustrating to watch.

Im going to watch the season finale. If there is not a conclusion, #### IT! I'm out on another season.

Season finale tonight
They'd better find something.
Oh I'm sure they will...they'll find a big mysterious something....that will probably turn out to be a rock in season 3's premier. They'll note that the shape of the rock is consistent with the shape of a Knights Templar's toilet rock, and note that Templars only #### where they bury gold. They'll get all excited, and contact 20 experts only to decide to go back to the swamp...but they'll have to waste an episode pumping water out of it.

I love how they think the swamp is man-made. It IS, but not by the templars...it's by Oak Island Drive, the main road on the island. Google Map it. That road is a built up berm on an otherwise flat coast. The berm holds water that would've drained into the sea. I don't know why nobody has ever pointed that out. You can see it on aerial shots of the swamp. THAT'S why the swamp is man-made. Not to hid anything.

I swear I wanted to strangle that guy with his repeated, "Frog, confirm if you're OK." "Flash, confirm you're OK." Jesus man...they're gonna run out of air confirming they're OK.

I also honestly fail to understand how you get "stuck" THAT easily. Don't get me wrong...not a chance in #### you'd catch me diving in that hole, but still...I feel like if there's that much crap in the hole, just use a crane with a claw to go pull out a lot of the crap at the bottom before you dive.

so they spent millions and took 2 years to figure out they could put a sonar down a pipe? maybe it will take another few years to figure out they could probably put a submersible with a camera and big ### light on it down there too.

i am done with this crap brohans i am so sick of cliffhangers and big nothing relevations unless they get that really fat guy and jimtom from moonshiners to solve this riddle i am out take that to the bank bromigos

Users who are viewing this thread