What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Curse of Oak Island (3 Viewers)

so they spent millions and took 2 years to figure out they could put a sonar down a pipe? maybe it will take another few years to figure out they could probably put a submersible with a camera and big ### light on it down there too.
Or run a big hose down connected to a BIG pump to pump out all that water. They do it on Gold Rush all the time. You can't tell me that there isn't a pump big enough to pump out the water in that hole faster than it comes in.

or hey how come they can send down sonar and all sorts of other mother jazz but they just do not send down a camera on a line like we do when we go ice fishing when ice fishing is using better technology than you are to find king arthurs nazi treasure you know it is all just a bunch of crap take that to the ice shanty bromigos

this show is still on?
I think season 2 just ended. They still think there's gold and treasure down there. They still can't get close to it. They still don't understand that if you dig a hole deep enough on an island, you'll eventually hit water. Geniuses, those Lagina brothers....geniuses.

Anyone know when season 3 starts?
Have we confirmed there will be a season 3?

I started losing interest during season 2. For all the money they've spent doing this and that, they could probably start a large-scale pit excavation at the site to just get down there and see what they're looking at. The fact that they haven't even considered this and just keep digging little shafts and running scans with ground-penetrating radar indicates to me that they know they don't have anything.

I started losing interest during season 2. For all the money they've spent doing this and that, they could probably start a large-scale pit excavation at the site to just get down there and see what they're looking at. The fact that they haven't even considered this and just keep digging little shafts and running scans with ground-penetrating radar indicates to me that they know they don't have anything.
If they took the smart/easy route, there wouldn't be 2 (maybe 3) seasons

Pretty sure season 3 is confirmed.

The cliff hanger at the end of season 2 intrigued me and pissed me off--the intrigue is winning.

Just get an excavator and start digging a huge hole, open-pit mine style. None of this BS narrow shaft full of water crap.

Just get an excavator and start digging a huge hole, open-pit mine style. None of this BS narrow shaft full of water crap.
Wasn't that how the previous attempts to find gold worked (Not the brothers, but the people before them), people were just digging huge holes, ran out of money and backfilled them. Now they have to jump through red tape so the island doesn't get destroyed.

It is a good show to have on in the background. Whatever happens will be repeated several times after each commercial break.

How did removing only the top few feet of a rusty pipe help things?

My 9 year old son is obsessed with this show. If these guys don't find something, I am pretty sure that in 50 years my sons will be out there with a camera crew trying to find the treasure. These two dopes better find out what is or is not on that island and save my sons from this level of stupidity.

ONE MORE PERSON NEEDS TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a waste of money, my wife watches this nonsense
I assume at this point the brothers are just waiting for Dan Blankenship to die to fulfill the prophecy before they pull aside a bush to reveal a treasure chest and walk away with the gold.

How did removing only the top few feet of a rusty pipe help things?
Duh. Now the divers can dive 6' deeper without having issues with the horribly dangerous piece of rusty pipe.

But in all seriousness, I was asking myself the same thing. I was expecting them to pull up like 20'+ of pipe...not that little thing.

Also, I'm calling serious BS on that "Satellite MRI" crap that shows exactly what's in the ground and where. If something like that actually existed and worked, whomever came up with it would be the richest person on the planet. They could just pinpoint every lost treasure in existence. Imagine how much treasure is only a few feet below the surface, or on the ocean floor, just waiting to be found. And somehow, Bob and Bob managed to get the technology on a satellite, and they're the only ones who market this crap? Come on.

The legend of Oak Island used to fascinate me til this pathetic series rooned it for me. What's next, an Easter Island series? :angry:

This stupid show doesn't even tease a payoff. All they do is keeping poking around some hole filled with water that's so murky nothing can see through it.

Worst show ever.

This stupid show doesn't even tease a payoff. All they do is keeping poking around some hole filled with water that's so murky nothing can see through it.

Worst show ever.
Marty was pretty dejected the other night. I wouldn't be surprised to see him pull the plug.

In all honesty, can anyone point to anything that would prove there's something valuable buried on the island? It's all conjecture and hearsay IMO. I think that either there was never any treasure or if there was, it's long gone.

Before the show, I was fascinated with the island and the story. Now, not so much. They're midway through season 3 and they haven't discovered one irrefutable piece of evidence to support any of the theories.

chet said:
James Daulton said:

Worst show ever.
Marty was pretty dejected the other night. I wouldn't be surprised to see him pull the plug.

In all honesty, can anyone point to anything that would prove there's something valuable buried on the island? It's all conjecture and hearsay IMO. I think that either there was never any treasure or if there was, it's long gone.

Before the show, I was fascinated with the island and the story. Now, not so much. They're midway through season 3 and they haven't discovered one irrefutable piece of evidence to support any of the theories.
I was interested at first as well, but they can't find anything to even reasonably tease as maybe a clue. It's unbelievable that there have been 3 seasons of this show.

Instead of finding anything, they just introduce more crackpot theories. Awful show. There isn't anything there. People have dug up that island for 200 years and found nothing, not sure what these guys think they can do differently.

There actually might be a discovery of something significant near Oak Island. J. Hutton Pulitzer, who has appeared in previous seasons, is spearheading a group that believes Oak Island was visited by the Romans more than a thousand years before Columbus.

Link

Aztecs hiding their gold there sounds legit. No less than any of the other crackpot crap on this show.

it was probably the famed roamin nazi hunters of the azteca taco shell company who buried the lost sea scrolls there inside the ark of the convent bromigos take that to the bank

Father in law made me watch an episode, god this is horrible. Can't believe they spent 10 minutes talking to an "expert" who's convinced the Holy Grail is buried on the island.

I saw a recent episode where they used satelites and gps to locate rare minerals on the island. did they find the pirates gold yet or will it take 2 more seasons?

this is the stupidest show ever honest until they have that fat guy from gold diggers and jimtom from moonshiners on it to figure this all out i am done take that to the bank bromigos

i hope that when the diver gets there all he finds is a sign that says our princess is in another castle brohans take that to the bank

I often stumble on this show when surfing and it always ends the same "Maybe this is finally the (hole, shaft, area, etc) we have been searching for all these years," and they never find anything....

Users who are viewing this thread