What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The force of nature that is Taylor Swift - New Album coming April 2024 (1 Viewer)

I look forward to Kelce dumping her and tons of pre teen girls burning their Travis Kelce jerseys in protest.
Reminds me of Cleveland fans burning their LeBron jerseys when he left and then buying new ones when he came back. Except I would expect that a little more from pre teen girls.

tik tok and boys and braces and snapchat and boy bands and monster high!!

You are a Jets fan. You have nothing else to be excited for right now. You should be thanking Taylor Swift for taking attention away from the sludge factory you cheer for.
and the jets play who this week in prime time?

not only will i be tortured, i’ll have to deal with swift camera pans every time something happens with kelce, which i expect to be often. i mean, i expect kc to win 88-9 here.

You are a Jets fan. You have nothing else to be excited for right now. You should be thanking Taylor Swift for taking attention away from the sludge factory you cheer for.

not only will i be tortured, i’ll have to deal with swift camera pans every time something happens with kelce, which i expect to be often. i mean, i expect kc to win 88-9 here.

9 points? Why so optimistic?

87-13

Oh great, so now chicks who don't know anything about football will be saying "Is Travis Kelece good?.....is he a quarterback?.....shouldn't they change the name of his team?......I don't like their colors."
Taylor Swift fans solved 33 million puzzles in 24 hours to unlock lyrics or some fan reward thing she did recently.

Within 2 weeks I expect Swifties to be diagraming ways to get Kelce open on red dog blitz in Cover 3 Lock.

So true. The possibility of Swift showing up to the Chiefs/Jets game this week is the only thing that could be entertaining about an event that will otherwise be a destruction.

To some of the fans of 90s mainstream rock, Adam Duritz has become a big fan of Swift recently, and the Counting Crows have been covering her song "The 1" live recently. Pretty cool.

She never mentions the word addiction
In certain company
Yeah - heah - She talks to angels

For all you adult male fans of 90s mainstream rock...

:lmao:

My God. Adult male listeners of 90s mainstream rock.

That sentence is ... just ... thank you for using it, Ghost Rider. Ride up there with your hatred of all things punk.

LET'S BUST OUT THE 90S MAINSTREAM ROCK AND PARTY LIKE AN ALL-STAR.

Man, August and Everything After sold something like a trillion albums in the early 90s but 20-something bigbottom was deathly allergic to anything Counting Crows related. Pretty much wanted to drive into a wall every time Mr. Jones came on the radio.
But have you heard them cover Taylor Swift?

Man, I am waffle stomping this thread.

You Swifties all enjoy the NFL slobberknocking her. That corporate entity just had a banner day.

I'm typing all this with a smile, by the way. No head exploding.

I hope she's finally found love with Kelce.

I give it four weeks and not even worthy of a song.

I wonder if she's his kryptonite. First his knee, now the Swifties, now everything. Sure glad I didn't take him in the first round of redraft.

Man, I am waffle stomping this thread.

You Swifties all enjoy the NFL slobberknocking her. That corporate entity just had a banner day.

I wonder if she's his kryptonite. First his knee, now the Swifties, now everything. Sure glad I didn't take him in the first round of redraft.
Get outta here with this negativity. Why you gotta be so mean?

To some of the fans of 90s mainstream rock, Adam Duritz has become a big fan of Swift recently, and the Counting Crows have been covering her song "The 1" live recently. Pretty cool.

I'd like to thank The Bear for getting me back into Counting Crows. Will seek this one out.

I challenge you to watch this video all the way to the very end and tell us that it was anything other than excruciating.

I'd like to thank The Bear for getting me back into Counting Crows. Will seek this one out.

I challenge you to watch this video all the way to the very end and tell us that it was anything other than excruciating.
Went to their concert years ago when they were big. Soooooooooooooooooo boring. Love their music but Live they were awful.

That song isn't one I ever need to hear again and my buddies and I make a ton of fun for the Counting Crows "Round Here" too but....."Goodnight Elizabeth" is a good song and I think The Bear did a good job using their music in some episodes.

I dunno, maybe I need to go get a shot of testosterone, kick a kitten in the face and listen to some Slipknot. Maybe that'll make me a man!

That song isn't one I ever need to hear again and my buddies and I make a ton of fun for the Counting Crows "Round Here" too but....."Goodnight Elizabeth" is a good song and I think The Bear did a good job using their music in some episodes.

I dunno, maybe I need to go get a shot of testosterone, kick a kitten in the face and listen to some Slipknot. Maybe that'll make me a man!

Well, I was listening to The Smiths and The Cure, so it’s not like I was some picture of young male angst.

I think you could apply a lot of the same criticisms to say David Bowie, who orchestrated a number of career moves and changes in the pop sphere, was hyper aware of imagery, ambitious, careerist, collaborated with literally everyone who was biggest in the zeitgeist of his multiple eras, swinging with the Fashions to ensure his Fame. Most importantly he had pop sensibilities to back it up... when did he get to switch from "manufactured/calculated" to "visionary".
I don't really know. Not really a Bowie aficionado. I leave the importance of fame to those who think fame is important. That's why my take is my take only.

Fame bores me, as does art about fame, as does famous art borne from fame. What can I say?
In certain company

I can’t remember where I read it but I know I read somewhere that this was one of Taylor’s favorite songs- along with anything by Def Leppard.

I think you could apply a lot of the same criticisms to say David Bowie, who orchestrated a number of career moves and changes in the pop sphere, was hyper aware of imagery, ambitious, careerist, collaborated with literally everyone who was biggest in the zeitgeist of his multiple eras, swinging with the Fashions to ensure his Fame. Most importantly he had pop sensibilities to back it up... when did he get to switch from "manufactured/calculated" to "visionary".
I don't really know. Not really a Bowie aficionado. I leave the importance of fame to those who think fame is important. That's why my take is my take only.

Fame bores me, as does art about fame, as does famous art borne from fame. What can I say?
In certain company

I can’t remember where I read it but I know I read somewhere that this was one of Taylor’s favorite songs- along with anything by Def Leppard.

I don’t think this worked as well as they’d hoped it would.

You are somebody that I don't know
But you're taking shots at me like it's Patrón
And I'm just like "Damn, it's 7:00 a.m."
Say it in the street, that's a knock-out
But you say it in a Tweet, that's a cop-out
And I'm just like, "Hey, are you okay?"

You are somebody that I don't know
But you're taking shots at me like it's Patrón
And I'm just like "Damn, it's 7:00 a.m."
Say it in the street, that's a knock-out
But you say it in a Tweet, that's a cop-out
And I'm just like, "Hey, are you okay?"

Don't quote me, boy, I ain't said ****.

Last edited:
Creed >>>>>>>> Counting Crows

Black Crowes >>>> Counting Crows

a bunch of crows cawing in a field >> Counting Crows

ETA: And Taylor Swift is better than them all combined

Last edited:
@Chemical X - rumor has it they had to smuggle Taylor out of the suite in a popcorn cart so the fans wouldn't see her.

At Arrowhead the suite doors open to the general public on the concourse. So it makes perfect sense.

Kelce's a tight end
Yeah you know his tight end is pretty fine
But lately something's changed that ain't hard to define
Kelce's got himself a girl, and she don't know that he's all mine

Creed >>>>>>>> Counting Crows

Black Crowes >>>> Counting Crows

a bunch of crows cawing in a field >> Counting Crows

ETA: And Taylor Swift is better than them all combined
Can we dislike posts here?

Counting Crows has a ton of hits. Creed had one good song (My Own Prison…don’t come at me with that Take Me Higher stuff). And Black Crowes is a band that belongs in the 70s.

And I still think that the 90s was the best decade in music when you consider all of the different genres of music that blew up in that time period.

/rant over

Users who are viewing this thread