What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Iron Claw Movie (1 Viewer)

Bugged me when they put Zac Efron’s characters height as 6’2” on that graphic when in real life Efron is only 5’8”. All I did was focus on his height after when he stood next to others. Dude is basically the same height as his wife in the movie.

Last edited:
I wanted to love the movie but didn't. It could have been so much better. For.most of the reasons mentioned. It also reminded me I would much rather be watching the dad actor as an FBI agent in the 70'/80's chasing serial killers.

I've fallen asleep twice trying to watch this. Once in the theater which was really embarrassing because they had to wake me up and shoe me out of there after everybody left the theater after midnight. :bag:

Last night I got as far as sneaking Michael out of the house to play a bar show. I'll stay with it, but this is like watching weekend golf for me. Just can't stay awake.

I've fallen asleep twice trying to watch this. Once in the theater which was really embarrassing because they had to wake me up and shoe me out of there after everybody left the theater after midnight. :bag:

Last night I got as far as sneaking Michael out of the house to play a bar show. I'll stay with it, but this is like watching weekend golf for me. Just can't stay awake.

Fell asleep AGAIN. Third time. I don't even know where I dozed off. I think Kerry was trying to wrestle with a peg leg and Fritz was angry about something. Kevin might have been brooding and sad.

Fell asleep AGAIN. Third time. I don't even know where I dozed off. I think Kerry was trying to wrestle with a peg leg and Fritz was angry about something. Kevin might have been brooding and sad.
Keep that movie handy. If you ever have trouble falling asleep, this is the solution.

Wante to like it; but didn't think it was very good; save for the Efron scene at the end with his boys and Mikes scene where he was trying to play guitar after his accident. No Chris, Kerry with a seriously diminshed role; I didn't feel like they did a good job showcasing how crappy the wrestling industry could be, no Lance Von Erich gimmick and most importantly, felt the actor who played Fritz was medicore at best. The Dark Side of the Ring episode The Last of the Von Erichs is much more of a gut punch.
Saw both recently. I agree. The Dark Side of the Ring was better. The movie truncated some key elements of the Von Erich story

I liked it. Well acted all around and the filmmakers did a good job recreating the period. I thought the narrative was a little too disjointed but to be fair, there was a lot of story to pack into two hours.

Finally finished it up. I didn't love it, which is part of why I fell asleep 3 times trying to watch it. I don't know what they could have done to improve it; thought the acting was pretty overdone, especially at the end. I'm going to seek out the documentary as I tend to enjoy those more when dealing with SO MUCH subject matter.

Finally finished it up. I didn't love it, which is part of why I fell asleep 3 times trying to watch it. I don't know what they could have done to improve it; thought the acting was pretty overdone, especially at the end. I'm going to seek out the documentary as I tend to enjoy those more when dealing with SO MUCH subject matter.
there are two very good docs to watch. Both cover the same material but in slightly different ways. Can't go wrong with either of them IMO

Heroes of World Class: The Story of the Von Erichs and the Rise and Fall of World Class Championship Wrestling

The Triumph and Tragedy of WCCW

there are two very good docs to watch. Both cover the same material but in slightly different ways. Can't go wrong with either of them IMO

Heroes of World Class: The Story of the Von Erichs and the Rise and Fall of World Class Championship Wrestling

The Triumph and Tragedy of WCCW

Yeah, I'm going to watch these next (well, whatever ones I can find, I have no idea what services we have anymore). As I said earlier, these guys were my boyhood heroes and the tragedy that struck their family was truly heart breaking for those of us who idolized them.

Users who are viewing this thread