What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Key to Your League Championship (1 Viewer)

Redmanchu

Footballguy
Who is the one player on your roster that is going to be your key to winning it all?

The easy answer for me would be Gordon but I have other good Wrs so probably not.

The real answer for me would be Arian Foster. I really need him to get healthy here real quick. The schedule looks really good.

I have Blue but...not going to be THE key.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is the one player on your roster that is going to be your key to winning it all?

The easy answer for me would be Gordon but I have other good Wrs so probably not.

The real answer for me would be Adrian Foster. I really need him to get healthy here real quick. The schedule looks really good.

I have Blue but...not going to be THE key.
Other then the Rodgers to Nelson combo I was blessed with by the grace of god, Shoelace is going to be a key cog to my teams success.

Its Arian not Adrian, but with the news of the past few days I understand the confusion.

For me it's going to be the two Browns .... Gordon and Crowell. I think they have a symbiotic relationship moving forward.

For better or worse, its going to be Romo again. 3 years ago he cost me, 2 years ago he beat me, last year he cost me again. This is it. He has to come through for me this year.

Could say Foster but I've won without him many times this year..... I would have to say Luck.

If I have 3 good games of 30 - 40 QB points I can have a sub par game from one of my WR's or RB's and still win it all.

Romo. My team is the most talented outside of the QB position and it's a 6 pt passing td league.

I don't need Crowell but he could be a wildcard for me.

As it was for the 2013 winner in my league, Peyton must maintain during the playoffs. His weapons are dropping like flies so I gotta hope they get healthy during the stretch run.

Antonio Brown.

Nailing him in a 12 team ppr allowed me to stock up on RBs (can start 4) and continuously stay focused on RB's via waiver wire $.

Lacy. Jennings. Ellington. Forsett. Shoelace. Mason. Crowell. Is my resulting stable.

Shocked to see people saying Gordon, he hasn't played a down, and the Browns are not a passing team, in 2014 the RUN is the game, look at the schedule

For me, it'll be down to me properly choosing between Cutler & McCown (FML) as well as quickly figuring out which 2 out of Gio Bernard/Jeremy Hill/Crowell/Roddy White I need to start. The only guys locked into my lineup are Jordy, ODB and.....even though I constantly express my disappointment in him, Shady McCoy (he isn't doing #### in terms of fantasy scoring, but as long as he keeps getting volume of touches, he'll start for me; maybe he'll accidentally score a TD or two for me when I need it most).

DeMarco Murray hands down. I just acquired him in a trade involving Jamaal Charles and I need Murray to produce. I was hesitant to pull the trigger on that deal, but I did, so I need him to justify that confidence.

Gordon is a good bet, but getting decent production from my entire RB stable is important. No stars have emerges, so it's all the luck of picking Forsett, Jennings, Shoelace, Hill, and Vereen's good weeks.

Latavius Murray being a RB2 the rest of the year would help. It's a long shot I know but stranger things have happened. Bell, Ingram and Rodgers continuing their pace will help as well.

Gronk by far, with graham banged up and Thomas being hit or miss gronk in the 3rd round this year that value is amazing for the results your getting. I also think that odb week carry alot of teams to championships this year. But I got a funny feeling about 75 percent of championship teams will contain gronk on them

LeVeon Bell.

Perfect storm with the combination of a soft playoff schedule, no threat to steal touches from him, and the pass catching skills to give him PPR value as well.

Well now that Luck has Gordon to throw to other than AJ, AJ and TY I guess it be Gordon.
Whut?
It sounds like: He has Luck has his fantasy QB, and now has Gordon back, so Luck will be "throwing" to Gordon, who he's hoping to carry him more than AJ Green, Andre Johnson, and TY Hilton, who he has been leaning on so far.
Holy #### how did you do that?

To answer the question - Newton and Gronk

DeMarco Murray hands down. I just acquired him in a trade involving Jamaal Charles and I need Murray to produce. I was hesitant to pull the trigger on that deal, but I did, so I need him to justify that confidence.
Dude, terrible trade. Idk who else was in there but Charles for Murray is a wash and, IMO, too risky. Murray has injury history and has been overworked. Charles has less injury history and has been somewhat underused this year.

There's no reason to trade Charles straight-up for any RB.

On my team, the playoff game-changers will likely be Anderson, Mason & Sanchez. Have had a lot of injuries and necessary WW adds.

For better or worse, its going to be Romo again. 3 years ago he cost me, 2 years ago he beat me, last year he cost me again. This is it. He has to come through for me this year.
disappointed in you for drafting him.

Looks like Denard Robinson has won the Jax job, and Mason seems to have won the StL job, so I guess it all comes down to C.J. Anderson holding off the other Denver backs for that absolute plum RB job.

So yeah, C.J. Anderson while holding Hillman.

Antonio Brown.

Nailing him in a 12 team ppr allowed me to stock up on RBs (can start 4) and continuously stay focused on RB's via waiver wire $.

Lacy. Jennings. Ellington. Forsett. Shoelace. Mason. Crowell. Is my resulting stable.
Good one. The guy has been lights out fantastic, a guy whose points any given week makes up for underperformance on your squad elsewhere.

Cody Parkey.

Planning on winning the championship by a single point when he nails a 48 yarder in Week 16.

Lacy is finally producing like I'd expected, Antonio is a no brainier and I feel comfortable with starting 2 of Ingram/ODB/Evans every week.

I really need Brees to start playing like Brees and Foster back to form in 2 weeks. That said I feel pretty good about my chances this year.

Cody Parkey.

Planning on winning the championship by a single point when he nails a 48 yarder in Week 16.
That's funny Mike Herman actually posted that in response to me, saying to hold on to Parkey because you'll want him for that week 16 game. Still have no idea what he meant but I got Parkey.

Really shocked not more Antonio Brown comments in here, he is the best FF WR right now and easily the most consistent. Currently 50 points ahead of the next guy in our PPR, 2nd in TDs behind Cobb and 16 catches ahead of DT, of course he is on a bye this week so the gap will close some.

Dan heron
Everybody has their keystones to their team, the Dem. Thomas, the Charles, the Manning, but really what people are looking to do is fill the 1-2 holes that are preventing them from elevating, the RB2, the WR3, the missing TE equation, replacing the streaming DST they can't get right with the right combo, maybe it's QB where they drafted Foles.

Coach3K said:
Well now that Luck has Gordon to throw to other than AJ, AJ and TY I guess it be Gordon.
Whut?
It sounds like: He has Luck has his fantasy QB, and now has Gordon back, so Luck will be "throwing" to Gordon, who he's hoping to carry him more than AJ Green, Andre Johnson, and TY Hilton, who he has been leaning on so far.
Thanks! I thought it was rather obvious.

Coach3K said:
Whut?
Thanks! I thought it was rather obvious.
You would be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread